MO - St. Charles father shot infant with BB gun

Fact is, even in our advanced society, some people are just too damn dumb to reproduce and raise their own young.

"Authorities say Shawn Michael Mohan shot the baby several times, causing circular-shaped bruises to the face, left arm, hand, foot, hip and buttocks. The injuries are not life-threatening. Mohan, who is 20, claims the shooting was an accident."

Yeah right, I think someone needs to "accidentally" shoot him in the face, arms, hands, feet, hip and buttocks, only w/ something much more powerful than a BB gun.

ST. CHARLES, Mo. (AP) -- A suburban St. Louis man is sentenced to 12 years in prison for shooting his 12-day-old child with a pellet gun.
Twenty-year-old Shawn Michael Mohan pleaded guilty in June to felony child endangerment, and was sentenced today. The baby was shot in Mohan's apartment in St. Charles County in December. The child survived but suffered circular bruises on his face, arm, hand, foot, hip and buttocks. http://www.kmov.com/topstories/stories/kmov_localnews_070720_bbgunshooting.945df0ff.html

"Authorities say Shawn Michael Mohan shot the baby several times, causing circular-shaped bruises to the face, left arm, hand, foot, hip and buttocks. The injuries are not life-threatening. Mohan, who is 20, claims the shooting was an accident."

Yeah right, I think someone needs to "accidentally" shoot him in the face, arms, hands, feet, hip and buttocks, only w/ something much more powerful than a BB gun.

Mohan needs to be accidentally neutered.

From Sherri's link:

Prosecutors sought the maximum 15-year sentence. Mohan had probation revoked earlier this year for another charged related to a serious head injury that left Mohan's first son unresponsive when he was an infant. That child has recovered.

----

So, he's abused children before. Why was he allowed around children at all after that conviction? Probation? Yeah, that did a lot of good.

I also have to question the decision making skills of these women who hook up with jerks like this!:loser: I have a friend who has a daughter that dated the same guy from high school through college. She was in medical school, and he had a job at a waste treatment facility, with no plans to do anything else.....ever. They were actually engaged and the wedding was one week away. He got drunk, wrecked the city truck he was driving, and she cancelled the wedding. :clap: She and her friends now refer to guys who obviously are going no where in life as "projects". Every girl, and every guy, needs to look for a "partner" not a "project". I am really glad they are going to keep this guy for a long time. He never, ever, needs to be around children.

I also have to question the decision making skills of these women who hook up with jerks like this!:loser: I have a friend who has a daughter that dated the same guy from high school through college. She was in medical school, and he had a job at a waste treatment facility, with no plans to do anything else.....ever. They were actually engaged and the wedding was one week away. He got drunk, wrecked the city truck he was driving, and she cancelled the wedding. :clap: She and her friends now refer to guys who obviously are going no where in life as "projects". Every girl, and every guy, needs to look for a "partner" not a "project". I am really glad they are going to keep this guy for a long time. He never, ever, needs to be around children.

These are some of the wisest words I have ever heard. I have had a few "projects" in my life and it always ended badly. Women and Men need to realize that some people can't or don't want to be "fixed".

Not that I am complaining but I have seen parents who murdered their babies get off with less time. But Im glad he is being punished, what a psycho.

Shawn Michael Mohan

Housed: Eastern Reception Diagnostic Correctional Center

Offense: Endangering the Welfare-Child - 1st
Sentence: 4 years

Offense: Endangering the Welfare-Child - Ritual
Sentence: 12 years

Sentences are concurrent.
No parole info. given in record.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online