MO MO - St Louis, BlkFem 8-11, 54UFMO, in abandoned bldg, Feb'83

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe doctor's are required to report certain diseases/illness to the CDC or their state Health Dept...I wonder if spina bifida falls into that category...LE could contact the CDC and the Health Depts in the southern states (listed on the isotope results) to see if they have a person similar to the UID diagnosed with the disease...
Her spina bifida occulta may not have had any outward appearances or manifestations. This was discovered by a forensic anthro. after exhumation. The lack of fusion on the sacrum would be obvious when looking at the bone, but maybe not when she was alive or post-mortem at the time she was found.

Her spina bifida occulta may not have had any outward appearances or manifestations. This was discovered by a forensic anthro. after exhumation. The lack of fusion on the sacrum would be obvious when looking at the bone, but maybe not when she was alive or post-mortem at the time she was found.
A recent identification had something similar in anthro findings. Randi Boothe-Wilson (then Jacksonville/Onslow County Jane Doe) appeared to have a bifurcated fifth rib which can cause different complications, but her missing case file never mentions an extra rib. She may have not known about it in life.

Does anyone actually have a source document stating the victim had Spina Bifida? I have only seen it on Wikipedia and Doenetwork. Doenetwork supposedly gets their information from public sources, but I have read all readily available articles and I have not seen this information there. Seems like an important detail, but without source documentation it becomes irrelevant.

Last edited:
I wonder if Christy (Christi?)Davis, who went missing from Ocala, Fl on July 28, 1973 has been compared to this Jane Doe.

She could just have tall genes. Not that that's much of a clue.

She could also be several years older--say up to 14--and still be at the late end of the range for puberty. I don't think it's likely, but we've seen age estimates be way off sometimes.

Back then girls went thru puberty later then what girls today do.

LE would know if she went thru puberty or not. If so they've never released that information.

Found this. Very cryptic content. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

That case is really odd. Also, although NamUS says the PMI was 5 years, Louisiana's website for unidentified people says that she was dead for 5 years at the very least, and that it's possible she was dead for more than 15 years. Distance is kind of a problem, though.

The cryptic part is this:
Unknown circumstances with no case information available. This case may not be from Caddo Parish, LA.
HUH?

The cryptic part is this:
Unknown circumstances with no case information available. This case may not be from Caddo Parish, LA.
HUH?

What I'm thinking is that the remains somehow were lost in the process of being transferred between different offices and somehow turned up in Caddo Parish.

I know of another case where that happened. In that case, a set of skeletal remains was found stored in some random medical examiner's office in central Florida. The remains hadn't been labeled at all other than with a few numbers that indicated when the person may have originally been discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Champ86