Newton Cty (IN) Jane D
Telethia Good
Sherise Magee
Toya Hill
UID Fem Northampton Cty, NC
Sheila Quinn
Shaunda Green
Sharaun Cole

I submitted Christine Denese James to LE. They may have considered her already.

Break in Valentine Sally case arrives near anniversary of one of St. Louis' most gruesome cold cases

ST. LOUIS — Baby Jane Doe.

Precious Hope.

Hope.

All are names St. Louis homicide detectives have given the little girl whose decapitated body was found in the basement of an abandoned four-family apartment building. Her head was never found.

Her real name has eluded them for 38 years this week.

But there are some updates to report.

The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department formed a Cold Case Unit in early 2019.

This case is one of its priorities.

Investigators have ruled out about 20 children through DNA.

And they are keeping an eye on how private DNA databases are leading to big breaks in other decades-old cases.

I wonder if LE can submit this case to Parabon and obtain some type of image of what she may have looked like.

Dna doe won't take it. They don't take children. Our hope is parabon or othram.

I thought I read they will take cases about children and not smaller kids like infants. I believe they said cases involving murdered infants most likely has something to do with the mother.

If a mother and infant were both missing (or the mother was found killed) then they will take the case.

I'll have to look into it.

IMO she could be older than the age estimates. I was 4' 11" in 6th grade and I was one of the shortest students. I eventually grew several more inches. Girls develop differently and perhaps she was a late bloomer.

Just because it's not publicly known, it does not mean a case isn't being worked on. Agencies are well aware of this kind of technology by now. I think there are plenty of reasons why an agency would not elect to announce anything until a break is made, as seen in many recently solved cold cases.

Just because it's not publicly known, it does not mean a case isn't being worked on. Agencies are well aware of this kind of technology by now. I think there are plenty of reasons why an agency would not elect to announce anything until a break is made, as seen in many recently solved cold cases.

As the article stated above (that I posted), the task force that was setup are keeping an eye on new technology. However, I'm not doing anything different than any other member of WS. If the DNA Doe Project decides to work on the case, they will reach out to LE. If they are informed that another org is working on the case, they will move on.

I'm also aware that LE withholds info from the public. I don't have a problem with that.

According to the DNA Doe Project's website they receive submissions from the public, LE and sometimes they reach out to LE on their own.

This is a great point I hadn't thought of before. I wonder if her parents are also UIDs found in the St. Louis area.

I take the opposite position here, that the child most likely wasn't living with either biological parent, but just some peripheral relative or guardian who probably didn't act responsibly on her behalf. This is just a guess; but when a whole family dies or disappears, that's big news (see the Shorts of Henry County, VA, for example), and there would likely have been a lot of publicity attending the event.

Hello everyone, bumping for this poor little angel.

I really do think this is a foster child case, however, I don't think her killer was a guardian. I think her killer knew who she was through a friendship to the guardians or family of the child or he was simply a neighbor.

Given the brutality, however, I don't think this was his first victim, although it was so brutal that it seemed like this monster wanted her to suffer. The cutting of the head might have been to prevent identification or a really obscure souvenir, but the cutting of her head and the fact that there was no tag on the shirt makes me think that it had her initials/name on it. Or maybe it could simply be that the child had some sort of autism and the tag bothered her so she had it removed, because that yellow shirt looks very soft and it also had long sleeves, which would be comfortable for autistic kids.

Has there ever been any clue as to where the shirt might have been? (I know the shirt essentially got lost, however, there must have been at least some guesses as to where that specific shirt would have been sold.)

I am also curious about the area, was it in a bad area? Gangs? Was it dangerous for a child to live in there? I suspect she was somehow known to authorties, and I also suspect she was indeed from the area and that the killer knew her.

Sadly, her guardians, killer and any adults who could have known her might be deceased.

These are just my thoughts, I hope everyday that this precious child gets the justice she deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whocoulditbenow