Identified! MO - St Louis, N 6th St, BlkMale 16-40, UP9815, dressed in suit & tie, poss traveling, Jan'12 - Joseph Daniel Pierce

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_7f99c0b0-477d-11e1-a8c9-0019bb30f31a.html

ST. LOUIS • The identity of a man who was found dead nine days ago in a downtown St. Louis parking garage remains a mystery.
The parking garage is at 201 North 6th Street. The man was found dead there on the morning of Jan. 16. He was found in the middle of exit ramps in the garage.
An autopsy revealed he suffered trauma to the head and neck, consistent with a fall. But authorities don't know how he fell, so they don't know if it was an accident or a crime.
He*is*a black man, 5-foot-9 and about 190 pounds. The pathologist who performed*the autopsy*estimates the man is 25 to 35 years old. The man*was clean-shaven and had short black hair. He had*no scars, tattoos or dental fillings, authorities say. He*wore contact lenses.
He was also*nicely dressed, authorities say. He wore*gray pants, a black shirt, a thin blue tie, *advertiser censored*black jacket and print boxer shorts. He also wore size 11 Stacy Adams loafers. He had cash in his wallet but nothing else. He had on headphones and carried an*ink pen with the words*Government Group on it.
A check of fingerprints found no matches. Investigators with the St. Louis medical examiner's office have put out inquiries to police in Missouri and Illinois and to a missing persons clearinghouse. But they have no matches.

He had on headphones... does this mean earbuds? Were they in his ears or around his neck? And what were they attached to--a phone, or an iPod? I haven't read that a phone was recovered with him, so no phone and no ID either?

And the fact of no ID in wallet, but cash remaining there, is just weird. Either he didn't have his ID on him (if his car was there & this was a car-jacking, maybe it was in the car?) or someone took his ID but left the money (so not a mugging or car-jacking/much more deliberate intent on the part of the perpetrator).

No fingerprint matches = no criminal record and not a teacher or govt worker...

Do we know tox screen results yet? Was he under the influence of anything? Also, do they know how far he may have fallen? (ETA: Cher, do you know how many levels the garage has?)

Sooo many questions.... But I do think we can help give this man back his name.

This was MLK day, and a lot of businesses were closed. I think he may have been meeting someone that morning. There was no reason to be in that garage without a car or someone to ride with.

I will ask the ME about toxicology, and for a picture. Not sure if I can get either. They are head phones not ear bobs. I will update soon.

I sent the ME an email, with some of the questions that have been asked. I will post answers as soon as she gets back to me.

A picture of the Stacy Adams shoes he was wearing might also be helpful. I'm assuming that his clothing wasn't also Stacy Adams or they would have said so?

Parker was ruled out, I have already talked with the investigator and gave him the info to contact the St. louis ME. Parker has a tattoo and the St. Louis deceased has no tattoos. The investigator and the ME have already called me back with the above info.

There is a picture of his headphones in one of the news story links. They were not cheap. Here's a scenario I've been thinking of...
He takes the Metro Link from his home to downtown. Maybe he was going to work...temp? He gets lost trying to find the place and ends up walking through the parking garage. He somehow trips and falls while walking. Maybe he lives with friends and they don't care that he's gone. He wouldn't have been going on a job interview because he had no ID. The headphones indicate that he was listening while he was walking/riding. Maybe he got bumped by a car and fell. I would bet that he's from the area and no one has reported him missing. That parking garage is not something that someone just "stumbles upon."

I'm still not ruling out foul play. He could have been lured there...and then killed. JMHO

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

I have submitted to the ME all of MO missing thru 1-30-12, nothing has come up the last 3 days. The ME is awaiting a call from the state patrol that's handles the MO missing cases.

There is a picture of his headphones in one of the news story links. They were not cheap. Here's a scenario I've been thinking of...
He takes the Metro Link from his home to downtown. Maybe he was going to work...temp? He gets lost trying to find the place and ends up walking through the parking garage. He somehow trips and falls while walking. Maybe he lives with friends and they don't care that he's gone. He wouldn't have been going on a job interview because he had no ID. The headphones indicate that he was listening while he was walking/riding. Maybe he got bumped by a car and fell. I would bet that he's from the area and no one has reported him missing. That parking garage is not something that someone just "stumbles upon."

I'm still not ruling out foul play. He could have been lured there...and then killed. JMHO

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using Tapatalk

You might be onto something with regards to the possibility he was going to a job interview.

But he was found on a Monday morning, correct?

The ME should have a post mortem interval, hours or?

Also, LE would have to process the wallet for fingerprints to determine if someone took his id or not. I wouldn't rule out gone on an interview just on the basis of no id in his wallet.

Praying this man is id'd soon.

If he is a renter maybe his landlord will notify someone if his rent went unpaid for February's rent since he has been missing at least since the 16th. That's more than 2 weeks now.

:praying:

The 800 number on the pen comes up as Lion Apparel:

http://www.lionprotects.com/law-enforcement-training-redman-wds

I also searched up phone number and it led me to the United States Department of Agriculture Forest Service website. Volunteer vests can be ordered by calling the Lion Apparel Co.'s number. So maybe the USFS is the "government group" the note was talking about... Maybe he wrote himself a reminder to call the number to buy a vest for the USFS?

Edit: Also, by the way his outfit was described, it seems as if he was dressed very well for an event/certain occasion? Professional and businessman-like. (Slacks with a tie, loafers, and all.)

Ok, thinking crazy outside the box here: Robert Kirk....(the Stacy English/Phoenix Coldon connection) He has since deleted his FB and twitter accounts from what I read, but as of when? Perhaps the no ID was intentional...perhaps back in St. Louis and couldn't take what may be coming down?

Will update later with rule outs. Spoke with ME today and she is sending me a list.

longtime lurker, only my second post, hope I am not doing anything wrong.

i'm wondering if this dude is not african american but african. what tips me off is the nice clothes- in a lot of african cultures you dress "up". Look in university towns, it is really hard to tell with african immigrants their financial situation from how they dress, even if they don't have two pennies to rub together they are dressed sharp.

Which would explain why no one is looking for him, a couple of weeks is not a long time to have no news from someone if they are on another continent.

I'm not saying african americans don't dress up, but if the dude was from somewhere in africa and doesn't have any family here, it could be a reason no one is looking for him, and eventually a plausible reason for no cards/id if he wasn't mugged.

longtime lurker, only my second post, hope I am not doing anything wrong.

i'm wondering if this dude is not african american but african. what tips me off is the nice clothes- in a lot of african cultures you dress "up". Look in university towns, it is really hard to tell with african immigrants their financial situation from how they dress, even if they don't have two pennies to rub together they are dressed sharp.

Which would explain why no one is looking for him, a couple of weeks is not a long time to have no news from someone if they are on another continent.

I'm not saying african americans don't dress up, but if the dude was from somewhere in africa and doesn't have any family here, it could be a reason no one is looking for him, and eventually a plausible reason for no cards/id if he wasn't mugged.

...this makes Pharis (link above) a good match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back