MO MO - Timothy Krajcir, Cape Girardeau, 1970's - 80's

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/12/17/serial.killer/index.html?eref=time_us

How serial killer evaded cops for years

In fact, the killings in Cape Girardeau were so calculated police sometimes wondered if they were hunting for one of their own. Victims often were found in their beds, bound, raped and shot in the head -- with few clues to connect any of the slayings together.
"There was some speculation, of course," Cape Girardeau Police Chief Carl Kinnison said when asked if he thought a police officer might have been behind the killings. (more w/pics at link)

Anderson Cooper is covering this at 10:00 e.s.t. tonight. (Tues)

I used to live near Cape but not until the 1990's, I was not aware there were all these unsolved cases. I went to the University in Carbondale a few times, creepy to think about this monster having been there.
Glad for the families these have now been solved but their wounds will never heal. :(

VB

I am from Cape Girardeau and lived there from 1972 until 1987, when I went to college. My parents and brothers still live there. I remember this and it was very chilling. My dad was working on his PhD in Psychology at SIU in Carbondale and we used to drive by that rest stop where that victim was found in IL. My dad has been a Pysch professor at SEMO since '72 and still is to this day...I remember being scared as a child about the murders. I had a friend whose dad was the chief of police at the time and she remembered him talking about removing the Parsh bodies from the home. I remember the rumors about whodunnit with the Margaret murder - an older woman (like 75 to 85 if I remember correctly). The rumor around town was that not only was she murdered, but raped and her breasts were removed - very disgusting. Of course, this could have been small town rumor. The grapevine in Cape is one of the worst I've seen, so I'm not sure what is fact or fiction to this day, but it was a very scary time. That and some man that used to drive around in some Gremlin trying to pick up young girls...glad to see he is caught and sorry to hear it took so long!

Vegas and Monica, I'm glad you are both safe and with us. It's interesting hearing your perspectives, especially being from that area. :eek: How horrible that he took the time in his life to study how to get away with these crimes. I wouldn't want to be him when he meets his Maker.

The (Cape Girardeau) Southeast Missourian reports that a grand jury in Kentucky's McCracken County has indicted Timothy Krajcir of first degree sexual abuse, kidnapping, burglary and robbery.
http://www.wfmz.com/news/news-natio...-charges-in-Ky/-/132552/12145174/-/jk5x6mz/-/

Laird said a woman whom police believe was a victim of burglary and sexual abuse in the case has died. A man, whom police believe was kidnapped as part of the same case, is still alive.http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/apr/27/assistants-work-leads-charges-against-killer/

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/sns-ap-ky--coldcase-charges,0,1363960.story

I'm surprised the statute of limitations hasn't run out on these charges.

TV show to focus on 1977 Parsh murders

Brenda Parsh, 27, was working as a fashion designer in Wisconsin when she came home to spend time with her father -- who was undergoing heart surgery -- and attend a family reunion with her mother, 58-year-old Mary Parsh. Brenda Parsh's longtime friend, Vicki Abernathy, said the former beauty queen came home on a hot Friday evening in August 1977 and planned to attend a family reunion the next day with her mother. The women never got there. A neighbor found them shot to death Monday morning, Aug. 15, 1977, at Mary Parsh's home at 612 Koch Ave. They were found nude, with their hands tied behind their backs, and were believed to have been sexually assaulted.

On Monday night, a cable television show will explore the case, which was solved 30 years later when Illinois prison inmate Timothy Krajcir admitted to killing the Parshes and three other Cape Girardeau women.

The show is scheduled to air at 9 p.m. Monday and again at midnight, according to the website, investigationdiscovery.com.
http://www.semissourian.com/story/2134083.html

How serial killer stumped cops for decades - CNN.com

How serial killer evaded cops for years

In fact, the killings in Cape Girardeau were so calculated police sometimes wondered if they were hunting for one of their own. Victims often were found in their beds, bound, raped and shot in the head -- with few clues to connect any of the slayings together.
"There was some speculation, of course," Cape Girardeau Police Chief Carl Kinnison said when asked if he thought a police officer might have been behind the killings. (more w/pics at link)

Anderson Cooper is covering this at 10:00 e.s.t. tonight. (Tues)

Link to more info about the killer and how he got away with it for so long:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back