Found Deceased MO - Titus Tackett, 3, Killarney Shores, 10 Feb 2016

I admit I'm a very skeptical person and following crime sleuthing sites for nine years has definitely made an impact on how I view children deaths. That said, there are things that stand out to me. The blanket covering his body is one. I'm also wondering if grandpa was even awake at midnight and if he actually saw the baby during the time parents were gone or was he told the baby was asleep. Many questions I hope will be answered.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Yeah. I am just real skeptical right now and I will just have to wait and see how things turn out.

Am very curious to hear more about the color and look of the blanket or blankets that were found with him. I saw one article that used the word in plural form like maybe there were more than 1 blanket.

Hope LE checks out everything carefully. Its just a hard story to swallow right now

Has LE publicly stated that the family has been cleared? I'm not always so trusting in FB posts.

My guess is LE just let them go home for the night but I seriously doubt LE is not going to continue to investigate further into the case.

For one thing they are doing an autopsy which will help determine time of death. That should tell them a lot.

Has LE publicly stated that the family has been cleared? I'm not always so trusting in FB posts.
I hear you. I'm trying to find something to figure it out. But yeah, I deleted my post. Unfortunately it's been quoted anyway.

We see so much violence done to children by their parent(s) here on WS and in the news that we can easily become suspicious. But that's the lovely thing about WS. Until there is official information, we hold our fire and hope it is just the tragic accident it appears to be. That's bad enough for all concerned. I can't imagine the pain and guilt the family is experiencing. They certainly need compassion.

I'd rather be wrong being kind than wrong being suspicious.
JMO

The main thing that bothers me is the fact that the ambulance crew got there and did nothing. I've always heard in the medical field not to pronounce dead until 'warm and dead'. Hypothermia especially in children can slow everything down to almost nothing.
Yet if there was obvious trauma then someone wouldn't hide him in a van that would've been used soon.
Sorry, just typing outloud

I think we often hear about children going missing while in the care of someone other than the parents...because others (non-parents) often aren't as diligent or 'in tune' with the child.

Any child COULD be up in the middle of the night. Any child COULD go missing. It's not completely unheard of, unfortunately. SHOULD a child go missing? Never.

I hear you. I'm trying to find something to figure it out. But yeah, I deleted my post. Unfortunately it's been quoted anyway.

I quoted the post to provide the link (as the OP wasn't able to) and have since alerted the Mods/Admins to ask for direction here. Since the post came from the Facebook page's Admin (sharing a post from a family member) and is not LE or MSM, a word from them would help.

IME, these decisions have been handled on a case-by-case basis by our esteemed Mods.

:gomods:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We see so much violence done to children by their parent(s) here on WS and in the news that we can easily become suspicious. But that's the lovely thing about WS. Until there is official information, we hold our fire and hope it is just the tragic accident it appears to be. That's bad enough for all concerned. I can't imagine the pain and guilt the family is experiencing. They certainly need compassion.

I'd rather be wrong being kind than wrong being suspicious.
JMO

Exactly! If I'm eventually wrong for giving the parents the benefit of the doubt...oh well. I'm not here to blame people with no facts just so later I can say "see...I knew it all along." Sure, sometimes I do get a 'hinky' vibe with certain cases and I say so. But so far with this one, I'm not feeling anything. Of course, right now I really know so little.

The main thing that bothers me is the fact that the ambulance crew got there and did nothing. I've always heard in the medical field not to pronounce dead until 'warm and dead'. Hypothermia especially in children can slow everything down to almost nothing.
Yet if there was obvious trauma then someone wouldn't hide him in a van that would've been used soon.
Sorry, just typing outloud

I was watching the video. There are no sense of urgency in the clip I saw. People kept walking to the van, looking in, walking away. Then the ambulance came and one person came up at a pretty leisurely pace. So it must have been pretty obvious that he was gone.

Does anyone know how accurate the autopsy will be to determine time of death. Like is there a range or can they get pretty specific as to how many hours he may have been dead?

Does anyone know how accurate the autopsy will be to determine time of death. Like is there a range or can they get pretty specific as to how many hours he may have been dead?

When he was found, if he wandered away from home at midnight he would have been dead for 12 hours. I think within that time frame of 12 hours or fewer, autopsies are pretty good at judging time of death.

I'm struggling to believe a child wearing only a diaper could have travelled a mile in 15 degree weather. I'm not accusing anyone at all, I'm struggling with this though. 15 degree weather is SHOCKINGLY cold, and it's hard to believe a child could get that far without collapsing.

When he was found, if he wandered away from home at midnight he would have been dead for 12 hours. I think within that time frame of 12 hours or fewer, autopsies are pretty good at judging time of death.

I'm struggling to believe a child wearing only a diaper could have travelled a mile in 15 degree weather. I'm not accusing anyone at all, I'm struggling with this though. 15 degree weather is SHOCKINGLY cold, and it's hard to believe a child could get that far without collapsing.
Wasn't it a quarter mile? I know, though. That's COLD!

The autopsy should give a fairly accurate time of death, which should show as being AFTER the searching started assuming he died of hypothermia (even if it killed him in an hour it would have taken a while to get that far away and we have a 12-1 timeframe). His feet will also be filthy / injured if he walked a mile in no shoes.

I'd like to know the route he took, you'd think someone would have spotted a semi naked toddler if he walked down residential roads.

The autopsy should give a fairly accurate time of death, which should show as being AFTER the searching started assuming he died of hypothermia (even if it killed him in an hour it would have taken a while to get that far away and we have a 12-1 timeframe). His feet will also be filthy / injured if he walked a mile in no shoes.

I'd like to know the route he took, you'd think someone would have spotted a semi naked toddler if he walked down residential roads.

Not at midnight though? I would guess not one person passed through there between midnight and 1, which was when he went missing. I couldn't tell much about the surrounding area except there was a pig on the property where he was located, indicating this was a very rural area, IMHO.

I am speculating here, but I don't believe the two parents are actually a couple, and I believe a different man is Titus' father. I think the father mentioned is the father of the younger sibling, but may have played a stepfather role to Titus. This is all just to say that I'm not sure how familiar Titus would be with the house he was staying in. So if he woke up and wanted his mommy and she wasn't there, he may have set out walking to find her. If the "grandfather" actually was a relative stranger, that may have created an urgency in Titus to seek her out on his own. That's the only scenario I can think of right now that is somewhat plausible for such a little guy to go out in the bitter cold in just a diaper/underwear and get about a mile away. I'm trying not to think of more sinister scenarios until more information comes out.

Not at midnight though? I would guess not one person passed through there between midnight and 1, which was when he went missing. I couldn't tell much about the surrounding area except there was a pig on the property where he was located, indicating this was a very rural area, IMHO.
Yes, I keep being reminded of Elijah Marsh, who left his GP apartment in the middle of the night, freezing temps, diaper-clad with boots and a t shirt, and wandered a very populated area of Toronto, only to be found in someone's yard approx 300m away without vitals. No one saw him wandering, and that's in a city. http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/02/19/toronto-police-searching-for-missing-3-year-old-boy.html

IMO, it's impossible to believe a child would want to "escape" (using an MSM term exclusively) so badly they'd leave a strange house in the middle of the night at 17 degrees half naked.

i have three precocious young boys. i call BS...big time.

That's good to know that the autoposy should help LE know time of death. That may really help them out. If they find out he was dead for much longer time like 24 hours or more then I am sure LE will be calling in people for more interviews.

I agree it is a little hard to believe the boy walked about a mile in the middle of the night in the very cold temps. I know kids can do strange things but since it was dark it has me very surprised he would want to go out in the dark. I guess I always thought most kids that age would be afraid of the dark.

We have
-Dark outside
-Bitter Cold and he didn't have many clothes on to keep warm
-reported about 1 mile away

The darkness bothers me more than anything else. Arent most kids usually afraid of the dark if they are by themselves.

I suppose every child is different and maybe the dark did not bother him.

IMO, it's impossible to believe a child would want to "escape" (using an MSM term exclusively) so badly they'd leave a strange house in the middle of the night at 17 degrees half naked.

i have three precocious young boys. i call BS...big time.
its been known to happen. The case with Elijah I mentioned a few posts above, it was -33c with the windchill that night, aka -27.4F. He left an apartment building, but iirc he could have at least got back in the first set of doors. He certainly didn't make it a mile though... He was about 300 meters from the building he left. I keep wondering if the initial 1/4 mile was accurate and the later "about a mile" was just what they said off hand at the presser. It certainly would make a difference.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tnt328
Back