Missing Person Case
Toi Mitchell – The Charley Project

• Missing Since02/05/2001
  • Missing FromSt. Louis, Missouri
  • ClassificationMissing
  • Date of Birth06/14/1976 (42)
  • Age24 years old
  • Height and Weight5'3, 100 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Black hair, brown eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Mitchell was last seen in St. Louis, Missouri on February 5, 2001. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case.

Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

This UID's remains were located in West Alton, MO which is in St. Charles County. West Alton sits on the Miss. River's bank right near the Clark Bridge which connects MO and Alton, IL. It's a highly traveled road used by autos and big rigs moving to and from IL and the STL area. The spot under the bridge where these remains were found is a popular fishing spot, boat landing, and picnic area. Rumor says it's also a place known for certain criminal dealings (e.g., drugs, prostitution) as well as a meetup spot for those folks who like to, ahem....meet up.
Besides all the fishing and whatnots going on it seems as though it's become a dumping ground of sorts too.

I wish there was more info published about Toi's disappearance, especially her clothing she was wearing when last seen. It would be a solid, inexpensive first clue if someone from Toi's trusted network of associates could look at the clothing pics to say whether Toi owned or borrowed the clothing found with the UID.

Toi was reported missing to STL Metro PD. I wonder whether St. Charles County & STL Metro PD agencies have ever cross-referenced their case files in order to investigate these remains as a possible match to Toi? There's a 2-year lapse between Toi's missing date (Aug. 2000) and when the UID's remains were located (May 2002). Their estimated heights are off by 1" and Toi is 24 years old whereas the UID was estimated to be 25-35yo. Beyond that little amount of information there's nothing else available to compare. A composite would be really nice.

The UID'S Circumstances of Recovery says "Anonymous letter sent to a reporter led to the discovery of a human remains". I wonder what kind of evidence and information about the victim, if any, was obtained from the letter and/or envelope?

I will send an email to St. Charles County detectives. Most likely they've investigated these cases but it seems as if Toi's profile would have this UID listed as an exclusion if they've been compared. The UID as no exclusions shown.

I'll alert the mods and ask that they make corrections to this thread's title. The tag should be MO instead of MS (Mississippi) and it should read "2000" instead of "2001".

Toi's missing date is August 27, 2000. In Moonwalker's original post it reads
"Missing Since 02/05/2001". Either the date reported missing changed, it was once entered incorrectly on the NamUs profile, or it's a simple copy/paste typo. Hopefully mods can edit that post to match the date given on her profiles.

Thanks!

I'll alert the mods and ask that they make corrections to this thread's title. The tag should be MO instead of MS (Mississippi) and it should read "2000" instead of "2001".

Toi's missing date is August 27, 2000. In Moonwalker's original post it reads
"Missing Since 02/05/2001". Either the date reported missing changed, it was once entered incorrectly on the NamUs profile, or it's a simple copy/paste typo. Hopefully mods can edit that post to match the date given on her profiles.

Thanks!

Mitchell was last seen in St. Louis, Missouri on August 27, 2000, but the last time she had contact with anyone was six months later, on February 5, 2001. She has never been heard from again. Few details are available in her case, but investigators believe she isn't missing voluntarily.

Toi Mitchell – The Charley Project

Hi!
Does anyone here think that this UID from Georgia could be Toi? I see match potential in the similarity between Toi and the reconstruction, as well as height. Distance is minorly hefty but we've seen matches made with worse...Especially timing considering Toi's last known contact was only months before the UID was found, and the UID is thought to have been dead weeks to months prior.
LMK!

This UID's remains were located in West Alton, MO which is in St. Charles County. West Alton sits on the Miss. River's bank right near the Clark Bridge which connects MO and Alton, IL. It's a highly traveled road used by autos and big rigs moving to and from IL and the STL area. The spot under the bridge where these remains were found is a popular fishing spot, boat landing, and picnic area. Rumor says it's also a place known for certain criminal dealings (e.g., drugs, prostitution) as well as a meetup spot for those folks who like to, ahem....meet up.
Besides all the fishing and whatnots going on it seems as though it's become a dumping ground of sorts too.

I wish there was more info published about Toi's disappearance, especially her clothing she was wearing when last seen. It would be a solid, inexpensive first clue if someone from Toi's trusted network of associates could look at the clothing pics to say whether Toi owned or borrowed the clothing found with the UID.

Toi was reported missing to STL Metro PD. I wonder whether St. Charles County & STL Metro PD agencies have ever cross-referenced their case files in order to investigate these remains as a possible match to Toi? There's a 2-year lapse between Toi's missing date (Aug. 2000) and when the UID's remains were located (May 2002). Their estimated heights are off by 1" and Toi is 24 years old whereas the UID was estimated to be 25-35yo. Beyond that little amount of information there's nothing else available to compare. A composite would be really nice.

The UID'S Circumstances of Recovery says "Anonymous letter sent to a reporter led to the discovery of a human remains". I wonder what kind of evidence and information about the victim, if any, was obtained from the letter and/or envelope?

I will send an email to St. Charles County detectives. Most likely they've investigated these cases but it seems as if Toi's profile would have this UID listed as an exclusion if they've been compared. The UID as no exclusions shown.
I know this is a very late reply but did you ever receive a response from the detective? I received a response from the Doe Network yesterday and the woman said that there has never been a record of these two being compared as a match before.

Could this be a possible match? the height, age range and time frame seem to line up. The area #UP12204 was found is less than an hour from St. Louis. I wish there was more detail surrounding Toi's disappearance.

I spoke to detective at SLMPD today and they said Toi has a match to a UP in Illinois. But per NamUs UP12204 has been excluded for Toi and vice versa

I spoke to detective at SLMPD today and they said Toi has a match to a UP in Illinois. But per NamUs UP12204 has been excluded for Toi and vice versa
Did the detective tell you which UP she was? This is so sad to hear

Looking through UP in the Metro East area. This woman, UP12166 was found off of I-255 in Illinois, less than 30 minutes from St. Louis. Age and height are slightly off but everything else seems to match up.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back