Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
nothing new? i'll have to look up that ff story, I watch all those and I don't recall that episode/

Does anyone know if their place was Air bnb quality as far as location to vacation areas or something?

Or was this more for people looking for other things.

Because imo. Me and my wife is not renting a room nor couch from youngsters that have an apartment. Jmo

Does anyone know if their place was Air bnb quality as far as location to vacation areas or something?

Because imo. Me and my wife is not renting a room nor couch from youngsters that have an apartment. Jmo

I thought this was strange too. Is it just people who want to stay somewhere cheap to visit Kansas City?? Or for football games? Just odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I felt like her ads were better suited to that couch surfing sight. I've always thought Airbnb to be more like HomeAway (where I've actually rented beach homes).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I agree, when I first read the ad I thought, who would ever take this offer? Most AirBnBs also don't include the person who owns the place being there - it is just all kinds of shady and unsafe if you don't know the person, going both ways. Her apartment was located in a good spot, so perhaps she advertised the airbnb link in specific places, like for students or through her festival websites for music fans?

Woman tells KC police that man impersonating officer tried to pull her over twice on 71-Highway

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A local woman encountered a terrifying situation over the weekend when a man impersonating a police officer tried to pull her over twice.

When reporting the terrifying encounter the woman said she did not want to leave her name. She just wanted to get the word out to warn everyone about a possible fake cop.

Detectives say they are investigating the issue.

The woman gave police the description of the vehicle and the license plate number. Police say they are looking for a blue Chrysler Van but did not release the license plate number, but they did say it had lights on the dashboard.

TIPS Hotline 816-474-TIPS

Police tell FOX 4 the woman did the right thing when she was suspicious by calling 911. Kansas City police say their officers will have clearly identifying police markings on their uniform, clothing or badge.

It's possible this guy impersonating a cop saw the cop pull her over and then he followed her and pulled her over himself.

I have this feeling this is what happened and is the easiest explanation.. makes sense to me anyway. They need to find d this dude.

Ace - I've said for a while what you're saying. If a fake cop did this, it wasn't before she sent the text. I'm saying the only way the fake cop theory can play in was after she sent he text and left the gas station. I've always stood by my theory that she was only pulled over once, and it was because she was just pulled over all the time because of her bad driving and that's all the text meant. I'm just throwing out an idea of an accident, if what other people are saying that maybe the fake cop was involved at all, but it would have happened after she sent the text and left the gas station.

I think she was pulled over twice that
Night.
I believe she texted exactly what happened.
Jmo

Night.
Jmo

Agree. Because. Lately. Cops have been arrested for raping female drivers on duty while telling them that they won't go to jail if they comply with sexual acts at the time.

I felt like her ads were better suited to that couch surfing sight. I've always thought Airbnb to be more like HomeAway (where I've actually rented beach homes).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The airbnb is very common for younger generations. She lived in a part of town that was the cool hub for shops, coffee, drinks.

The airbnb is very common for younger generations. She lived in a part of town that was the cool hub for shops, coffee, drinks.

It's unclear to me what she had on airbnb, as I only saw 1 ad, which was for her couch. Apparently she had 3 ads. Maybe they were for different room combinations of her apartment.

My only concern renting something like this would be that a couch is uncomfortable and being in the common area might make it hard to get a good night's sleep. But if you don't have much money, you can't beat $41 for the night. She said on July 21, 2016 that she had made $865 so far for the month. Sounds like it's a popular area in the summer.

[video=twitter;756212315842752512]https://twitter.com/Tonianderson2/status/756212315842752512[/video]

Night.
Jmo

Why do you think she was pulled over twice? You have to look at it has someone who does something a lot. Such as, "Omg. I failed my math test again". It doesn't mean you took 2 math tests in a row. Just that you fail math tests a lot or at least failed one test recently before that one. She was stated to have a lead foot by her mom and her friend said she's always pulled over. And she was fighting possible speeding ticket last year. I just see it still as - she was pulled over once before the text to her friend. Didn't she send the text 5-10 mins after being pulled over by the cop?

I just wanted to add that my college freshman lives in a house we found on AirBnB. He rents a room from the lady who lives there, and she rents out other spare bedrooms by the night, week, or monthly as we do for my kid- People are using it both ways. We found that she also advertised on Craigslist too. Just some food for thought about the rental situation. And my kid's land lady says some real 'winners' show up that she has turned away, and not all go quietly.

I highly doubt there was a fake cop involved in Toni's disappearance. First of all, the text she sent says she was pulled over 'again.' That word involves an implicit reference. She didn't tell her friend about any earlier time that she was pulled over that day, so as far as her friend is concerned it refers to other times she has been pulled over. Had Toni been pulled over for the 2nd time in one night, the text would be something more like "Omg just pulled over for second time tonight."

I don't think it is reasonable to expect somebody who just got pulled over a second time after 4am to send a highly precise text message. Especially if she was quickly typing the text as the (fake) cop approached.

I don't think it is reasonable to expect somebody who just got pulled over a second time after 4am to send a highly precise text message. Especially if she was quickly typing the text as the (fake) cop approached.

The only thing preventing me from believing she was pulled over twice was that I would assume that she would have texted her friend after the first pull over and then again the second time. I would think that would be crucial information that the friend would have released. She would have said something like "she texted me that she was getting pulled over for the second time that night". If I recall correctly, Roxy, who received the text, stated the text was because she got pulled over often, not that she thought she was getting pulled over a 2nd time.

Stranger things have happened though, so who knows.

The only thing preventing me from believing she was pulled over twice was that I would assume that she would have texted her friend after the first pull over and then again the second time. I would think that would be crucial information that the friend would have released. She would have said something like "she texted me that she was getting pulled over for the second time that night". If I recall correctly, Roxy, who received the text, stated the text was because she got pulled over often, not that she thought she was getting pulled over a 2nd time.

Stranger things have happened though, so who knows.

I could imagine that getting pulled over the first time wasn't noteworthy enough to cause her to send a text message, but getting pulled over twice in the span of 30 minutes may have been frustrating enough to cause her to send a message. Depends on how she typically communicated.

Speaking for myself, if I got pulled over, I wouldn't even think of texting somebody. If I had the misfortune to get pulled over twice in rapid succession, I might be more inclined to lament my situation over text.

I'm in favor of having more focus on her car. Is anyone looking for it? Has it been reported as stolen?

NAMUS now has images of her car so that's an improvement. But, there still is no information or images of her car on her NAMUS Poster.

NAMUS MP # 36807
Toni Anderson
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36807/0/

Below is a link to a local (to me) case that was resolved quickly because the Sheriff used GPS tracking to locate the car and POIs in Oregon.

This was a high profile case. What's important to note in is that by driving out of state they and their car went un-noticed by LE and the public. It was the GPS tracking that found them.

Trio arrested in Portland now tied to 2 CA murders
Three suspects to be charged with robbery and murder of Canadian tourist
PAUL ELIAS and JANIE HAR, Associated Press
Published: October 8, 2015, 1:28 pm Updated: October 9, 2015, 3:11 pm
http://koin.com/2015/10/08/gun-found-during-drifters-pdx-arrest-in-ca-murder/

Carter drove to the trail, and his 2003 Volkswagen station wagon was gone when police showed up. Using GPS technology, Marin County sheriff’s investigators tracked the car to Portland, where the three were arrested without incident.

Pittman said investigators were also aided by surveillance footage from a gas station in Point Reyes that showed the suspects with the stolen car about a half-hour after the slaying.​

on 1/28/2017
Not sure who owns her car. Who is actively looking for it? Would it be possible to have it reported as stolen? Her vehicle information is not on her NAMUS poster.

Her Kansas Missing and Unsolved Poster has vehicle information
https://www.facebook.com/KansasMiss...1183970315141/982916531808544/?type=3&theater

Missouri Active Missing Persons Search - No Poster
<snipped> broken link
https://www.mshp.dps.missouri.gov/CJ51/Search?page=1&county=&personType=A

ANDERSON
ANDERSON, TONI M
Female
White
01/16/2017
04/05/1996
KANSAS CITY PD
KANSAS CITY, MO
ADULT
No Poster Available​

NAMUS -
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/case_report_html/36807

NAMUS - Poster does not include vehicle information
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36807/0?current_page=contacts

Is the video pulling the new person over available anywhere yet?

Also, just FYI. The chief ME for Jackson county is a female. Not to say there couldn't be colleagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo