Found Deceased MO - Toni Anderson, 20, North Kansas City, 15 Jan 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that tweet indicates any mental illness or depression. I think most people say they are depressed once in a while and whatnot. So it doesn't really mean much to me.

If the car was pushed over the edge and rolled down, do you think front end damage would have occurred in that case?

Yes, if she had driven down the embankment, the front plastic cowling of her car would have suffered a ton of damage. As you can see in the video I posted earlier of the car being towed, the front end of her car has virtually no damage what-so-ever. That entire front end is plastic. The windshield and the top of the car seem to have taken the brunt of the damage, which pretty much means the car would have needed to be upside down when it hit both the water and then after settling on the bottom of the river.

Personally, if that car had just been pushed over the upper edge of the embankment and allowed to roll downhill, I have serious doubts that it would have ever made it into the water. There's too many rocks, ruts, and obstructions on the way down to the edge. I think the car would've definitely snagged on something as it rolled downhill. On the other hand, if the car was moving at 50-60 miles an hour, it could have easily gone airborne over the steepest part of the embankment, the front of the car beginning to nose dive due to the engine weight, and did a slow motion somersault until it landed windshield first into the water. That's really the only way I can envision this happening with a complete absence of damage to the front end, and very little damage to the sides of the car.

Whether this was a deliberate act or an accidental act is still left to be determined. I don't know that they will ever really know for sure unless they find a suicide note or something. It could also have been a criminal act, with the gas pedal being depressed and held in place with some kind of an object. That in itself would be very risky though, simply going by the terrain. There are many other smoother places you could find to cause a car to go running into a river than the place her car was found. The chances of it actually snagging up on something and only ending up partially submerged are pretty high.

That would be a good indication of why I prefer video whenever possible. I prefer my own eyes over reports. The front of that vehicle is clearly NOT smashed in. "front end completely smashed in"? Look at the front end (the part from the wipers forward). The front end is in perfect condition.

I'm guessing the reference to the "front end completely smashed in" is to the top front of car or side front. It is hard to tell in the video, but it is obvious that is is far from perfect condition.

Regardless, the reporters were there ON the scene. They saw it first hand. They have a better perspective than all of us and they indicated that it was "totaled". TOTALED.

Wasn't it stated her cell phone was active until 9 pm the next day?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't know that LE ever said that. It was in a MSM article and they could have gotten it wrong. Not saying they did, but I'd like to know if LE said it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

If this was an accident with Toni being a lifegaurd surely she would of been able to get out of the car and swim to safety, normally been a bad swimmer is what keeps people in the car as it goes down, but with her skill set I'd put money on her surviving this IF she went in conscious that is.

RIP Toni
This played out according to KISS like so many cases we follow on WS.

If she was knocked out due to the impact upon hitting the water or from flipping, she wouldn't be able to escape.

I wonder if there is any aerial (or other) video of that area from right before or right after she went missing. If so, maybe tire tracks can be seen.

Yes, if she had driven down the embankment, the front plastic cowling of her car would have suffered a ton of damage. As you can see in the video I posted earlier of the car being towed, the front end of her car has virtually no damage what-so-ever. That entire front end is plastic. The windshield and the top of the car seem to have taken the brunt of the damage, which pretty much means the car would have needed to be upside down when it hit both the water and then after settling on the bottom of the river.

Personally, if that car had just been pushed over the upper edge of the embankment and allowed to roll downhill, I have serious doubts that it would have ever made it into the water. There's too many rocks, ruts, and obstructions on the way down to the edge. I think the car would've definitely snagged on something as it rolled downhill. On the other hand, if the car was moving at 50-60 miles an hour, it could have easily gone airborne over the steepest part of the embankment, the front of the car beginning to nose dive due to the engine weight, and did a slow motion somersault until it landed windshield first into the water. That's really the only way I can envision this happening with a complete absence of damage to the front end, and very little damage to the sides of the car.

Whether this was a deliberate act or an accidental act is still left to be determined. I don't know that they will ever really know for sure unless they find a suicide note or something. It could also have been a criminal act, with the gas pedal being depressed and held in place with some kind of an object. That in itself would be very risky though, simply going by the terrain. There are many other smoother places you could find to cause a car to go running into a river than the place her car was found. The chances of it actually snagging up on something and only ending up partially submerged are pretty high.

Put the car in neutral, roll it down the hill and then let the car and the river do the work.

If she was knocked out due to the impact upon hitting the water or from flipping, she wouldn't be able to escape.

What from rolling down a boat ramp?
Or that embankment I'm sure it wouldn't be that big of an impact.

Now we know more.

If she told the cop she was on her way to shady lady... she lied. she wasn't. she went west, Actually... she was already going out of the way to shady lady before she got to QT.

I am not buying suicide at all. No note.. Works a full shift prior.. Doesn't add up IMO.

I don't know that LE ever said that. It was in a MSM article and they could have gotten it wrong. Not saying they did, but I'd like to know if LE said it.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Her cell phone wasn't in the car could be one point it worked for so long, if that was said by LE about the length of time.

I'm guessing the reference to the "front end completely smashed in" is to the top front of car or side front. It is hard to tell in the video, but it is obvious that is is far from perfect condition.

Regardless, the reporters were there ON the scene. They saw it first hand. They have a better perspective than all of us and they indicated that it was "totaled". TOTALED. What does that tell you?

There is tons of video posted. There is no way they have a "better perspective."

Any car that ends up upside down is totalled. It was pulled from the water upside down.

Check the overhead picture I posted a few posts back. The different positions of the two vehicles indicate different sink rates. They were obviously both launched from the boat ramp at the top right in the picture which is at Platte Landing Park.

I think her car entered the water very close to where they found it, within a 100 feet or so. Cars are heavy, they don't tend to drift much after they hit the bottom and settle down into the silt and mud.

What from rolling down a boat ramp?
Or that embankment I'm sure it wouldn't be that big of an impact.

Rolling down a boat ramp - No, that would not knock her out. I was referring to an accident where she slid off the road. She is a fast driver, as her mom referenced, so the impact would have been great. (JMO!)

There is tons of video posted. There is no way they have a "better perspective."

Any car that ends up upside down is totalled. It was pulled from the water upside down.

They were there. We were not. They can walk around it and view it anyway they like. We just have dark videos that really don't have good point of views.

JMO

Agree and will also say I believe totaled technically just means it would cost more to return the car to its original condition than what the car's value is in normal condition. I've seen a car declared totaled from a rear end collision which just crunched up the trunk and bumper.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk

I think her car entered the water very close to where they found it, within a 100 feet or so. Cars are heavy, they don't tend to drift much after they hit the bottom and settle down into the silt and mud.

It's a river. The water is moving. Yes, a vehicle wouldn't move much after it hits bottom, but before then it sure would. Vehicles float for a fair bit after they enter water. Certainly long enough to end up 600 to 800 feet down a moving river.

Any number of things could have happened: seat belt jammed, window/door dented. Like the newsreporter Jessica Savitch, if the car rolled and landed upside down, there would be no escape even for a trained person.

I am no expert, but it seems to me that a car dragged upside-down across what could be a rocky river bottom would sustain significant damage from that act alone. I imagine that the divers gathered photos and other evidence before the car was moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus