Identified! MO - Troy, WhtMale 40-80, UP5012, GSW, Bill Blass suit & coat, Jun'84 - Jack Langeneckert

Now I may have pointed this out already -- but was this guy actually wearing brown socks with a gray suit and black shoes???

This was the '80's, folks, and this outfit calls for black socks.

Also likely that the socks are cotton. Cotton fabrics fade, while the wool suit & cashmere coat would fade much, much less over the same amount of time.

I wonder if these were black socks when the gentleman started the day?

When checking Google Maps, follow Old 61, as the current path of 61, Avenue of the Saints, was finished in this century.

jmho ymmv lrr

Now I may have pointed this out already -- but was this guy actually wearing brown socks with a gray suit and black shoes???

This was the '80's, folks, and this outfit calls for black socks.

Also likely that the socks are cotton. Cotton fabrics fade, while the wool suit & cashmere coat would fade much, much less over the same amount of time.

I wonder if these were black socks when the gentleman started the day?

When checking Google Maps, follow Old 61, as the current path of 61, Avenue of the Saints, was finished in this century.

jmho ymmv lrr
Had also been wondering why this man was well put together, yet wore brown socks with black shoes, your post reminded me of A black cat i once had, whose fur would bleach a bit to brown in the sun!

Glad to see this has been funded.

A possible hint regarding the overcoat from Boyd's. Boyd's Department Store was an upscale store in St. Louis, MO. It's specialty was custom made clothing and accessories for men. I recall shopping at the downtown store in the late 70's for women's business suits.

Boyd's Department Store

This John Doe was likely from the St. Louis area. JMO

Glad to see this has been funded.

A possible hint regarding the overcoat from Boyd's. Boyd's Department Store was an upscale store in St. Louis, MO. It's specialty was custom made clothing and accessories for men. I recall shopping at the downtown store in the late 70's for women's business suits.

Boyd's Department Store

This John Doe was likely from the St. Louis area. JMO

They also had great tailors on staff. Basic tailoring was included in the price if you bought a nice suit, coat, etc. Just amazing. I had business suits tailored at other stores over the years, but Boyd's tailors were the best.

Video at link
SBM
https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/police-need-help-solving-1984-cold-case-in-lincoln-county/
The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in identifying a “well dressed” 1984 murder victim as they gain access to new DNA technology that helped cracked another cold case from 2006. [snip] By working with an anthropology professor from Southeast Missouri State University and the private lab Ortham Inc., they can do the same for another murder victim from 1984.

[snip]

Evidence shows he was shot in the back of the head. The victim was dressed in expensive clothing, including a Bill Blass grey suit with red pinstripes, a grey or blue tie in a Windsor knot around his neck, and a black cashmere pea coat.

''Now, in 2022, Southeast Missouri State University anthropology students, supervised by Dr. Jennifer Bengtson, will inventory the remains and attempt to refine the age-at-death estimate. They will develop plans for isotope testing and forensic artwork, which they will implement to support the ongoing investigation. Dr. Bengtson’s students will also use published guidance and non-destructive chemical analyses to select the best skeletal evidence to submit to Othram for Forensic-Grade Genome Sequencing. Othram will attempt to build a comprehensive genealogical profile that can be used to generate new leads to the unknown man’s identity or at least to the identity of a family member. Meanwhile, Dr. Bengtson’s students will be introduced to records research by searching missing persons databases and public records for potential matches. Results of these analyses will be delivered to the Lincoln County law enforcement agency for further investigation.''

''Now, in 2022, Southeast Missouri State University anthropology students, supervised by Dr. Jennifer Bengtson, will inventory the remains and attempt to refine the age-at-death estimate. They will develop plans for isotope testing and forensic artwork, which they will implement to support the ongoing investigation. Dr. Bengtson’s students will also use published guidance and non-destructive chemical analyses to select the best skeletal evidence to submit to Othram for Forensic-Grade Genome Sequencing. Othram will attempt to build a comprehensive genealogical profile that can be used to generate new leads to the unknown man’s identity or at least to the identity of a family member. Meanwhile, Dr. Bengtson’s students will be introduced to records research by searching missing persons databases and public records for potential matches. Results of these analyses will be delivered to the Lincoln County law enforcement agency for further investigation.''

Per one of the April news links above, he was identified, but his family requested his name be kept confidential. I may be misreading it, but I think that was the news report last spring.

Last edited:
Per one of the April news links above, he was identified, but his family requested his name be kept confidential.

If he had been identified back in April, wouldn’t his case have been taken down from Namus—or did I misunderstand how the system works?

Also, since he was a homicide victim, would his family have control of whether or not his name was released?

Posting in ignorance, all MOOs

If he had been identified back in April, wouldn’t his case have been taken down from Namus—or did I misunderstand how the system works?

Also, since he was a homicide victim, would his family have control of whether or not his name was released?

Posting in ignorance, all MOOs

Perhaps I confused it with another UID person. I'm not an expert on how these cases are handled, perhaps someone could send an email to Othram for clarification.

Per one of the April news links above, he was identified, but his family requested his name be kept confidential. I may be misreading it, but I think that was the news report last spring.
Quite right, i posted details from a link previously posted, atm cannot recall why, sorry!
Not to be confused with 2017 John Doe,

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong