GUILTY MO - Tyler Dasher, 1, Affton, 15 Nov 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh bless, I remember those days all too well (after DS started day care around 10 months). The nights of screaming because his wee ears hurt so much and I had to wait for the drops or meds to work. I just sat there rocking and singing to him (boy, it feels like yesterday although he's now 14 years old). I hate to say it, but those comforting moments were some of my most precious memories. He would hold onto me so tight! Nowadays - not so much!!

Why didn't she just pick up this precious child and hold and cuddle him. Give him the love and reassurance he needed (or merely a diaper change, or perhaps some food). You'll never get those moments back with your little ones.

I grieve for tyler today -- poor lad, all he wanted was some love.

MOO

Mel

Mine are much younger but I too remember those moments with them. We still have them sometimes. I never understand why it's so hard to just sit and hold a crying child? Or heck, pop in their favorite movie/show and lay near them. :(

Caffiene was my savior when my children were itsy-bitsy. Nap when they nap. Sigh... what could have been for this sweet baby boy.

I can't wait to hear the timeline.

Her Mom left the house for work at or about 7:30 AM.

Shelby called LE to report Tyler missing around noon (time from presser).

That's 4 and half hours. 1. She had to beat him 2. He had to have time to die. 3. She had to at least take a few moments or longer to decide where to take him to hide him.

I'm not sure she did go back to sleep? Maybe, maybe not. JMHO

Unfortunately, as I surmised. No heavy drug use by Mommy involved here:

According to McCulloch, Dasher, 20, arrived home drunk about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.
After her mother left for work about 7:30, Tyler would not stop crying and Dasher beat him to death and disposed of the body. What happened after that is "a bit fuzzy," the prosecutor said.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...352-5795-9bbf-01bdfa3c688c.html#ixzz1duVqpqKP

I found this thread this morning and spent most of the day reading every single post and viewing every single link. What I'm feeling right now is beyond words. This is pure evil. I think that as soon as she lawyers up we will hear that she was so drunk that she doesn't "remember" what happened.
:furious::furious:

Also as my nursing judgement - If she hit his fontanel hard enough would of been the blow that done it. The top soft spots are not closed yet at 13 months. So that would of hurt him in itself.

i am not a certified anything HERE so grain of salt. I am a critical care flight nurse and most common traumatic injuries are subdural in nature, but a blow to the temporal region could cause an epidural bleed from the MMA. Which is arterial and so obviously bleeds faster. I think any way you look at it, this child suffered. MOO
So very very sad

One of the first officers on the case was a lieutenant experienced in child abuse cases who realized "this was not just a missing child," he said.

Fitch said a report of a man seen carrying a child at about the time Tyler was reported missing Tuesday turned out not to be related to the murder.

McCulloch acknowledged a strongly worded Facebook post that Dasher made prior to the murder saying that she needed to get away from Affton. He said that police do take evidence related to social media seriously, and that her last Facebook post will be taken into consideration as evidence.

Read more: http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...352-5795-9bbf-01bdfa3c688c.html#ixzz1dufhBFsl

Shelby Ann Dasher's initials says it all, she is a S.A.D. excuse for a mother!!!!

I just can't believe she went back to sleep after killing and dumping him! That's just.... well I can't recall hearing anything quite like that before. Unbelievable.

I wish that I could feel sorry for those that have defended her but if it is true that she has/had a severe drug problem then how could they not know that? If the friends are that close they would have to have had some clue about the drug issue. Then grandma living in the same home with them, there is no way that a drug user is going to be able to hide it from someone living in the home with them. I want to know if grandma tried to get "mom" help or did she move in to help take care of Tyler.

MOO

TorisMom, Hi.
After watching the 2nd video of the friend-cousin that was interviewed yesterday-my dh said the young lady was too sure of herself-looked into the camera trying to make people think shelby was a perfect mom. IDK, I'm guessing these young people knew shelby was a drug user. :waitasec:
I like you want to know if grandma tried to get her daughter help. If not that in and of itself is neglect in my mind.

I would also be willing to bet that if Tyler had not been found when he was and was still "missing" at this point that Shelby would not have confessed to a d@mn thing. The problem is she didn't hide him well enough to ensure that any and all evidence would have been to degraded to point to the person who had done this. He was found rather quickly and so close to the house. She really had no choice but to go ahead and confess.

MOO

No she didn't cover it up very well did she. Probably because she wanted to get back home to sleep.

My 3rd was a very colicky baby and he had his days and nights mixed up. I was single with a first grader and a preschooler and I was going to school full time. He wanted to go to sleep at 3:00 in the after noon and get up between 10 and midnight. My saving grace was a swing next to my bed that I would wind, it would go for 20 minutes and when it stopped he would scream and I would wind and get another 20 minutes. It was a long six months but he was worth every minute of it. It never even crossed my mind to hurt him, in fact I don't even remember getting mad at him. He was hurting in his tummy...

In an ideal world we could control addicts and abusers. In an ideal world CPS and courts would put children first and family unification second. In an ideal world the friends and family of these people would have the foresight available to predict a crime.

Even if her friends and/or mother knew she wasn't an ideal parent I am quite certain they never considered her capable of murdering her baby. The sole responsibility for murder lies on Shelby's shoulders.

JMHO

Awesome that they have this. So many options other than beating a baby to death.

You missed the last part:
rm4igg.png

It would be interesting to know what time she "liked" this on FB, also what time she changed her profile pic multiple times.

If the grandmother left at 7:30 am it would have been daylight, or no? That would mean SAD took baby Tyler and disposed of him in broad daylight!?

http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Police-s ... 04913.html
Prosecutors: Affton toddler died of blunt force trauma; mother charged
---snipped---

According to McCulloch, Shelby Dasher was out for some period of time during the night and early morning hours before the baby was killed. During that time the grandmother was still asleep. He said that as far as he knew, Dasher carried her son to the wooded area where he was later found dead. However, he says it is not 100 percent clear if she drove or walked the baby to the dumping site.

McCulloch expressed his disappointment in the mother’s method of handling her frustration with the baby. “There are a myriad of ways to handle a child,” he said. “This isn’t one of them.”

During the news conference, McCulloch acknowledged a strongly worded Facebook post that Dasher made prior to the murder saying that she needed to get away from Affton. He said that police do take evidence related to social media seriously, and that her last Facebook post will be taken into consideration as evidence.

One of her last facebook posts... "I need to get the hell away from Affton"

---shelby , alternate mugshot----
shelbyglasses.jpg

Finally got caught up with the news today. I hope if Shelby was invited to the RIP Tyler Dasher group, it"s an "in your face kind" of deal. Look at your beautiful boy Shelby. Look at all the notes of sorrow at his passing. How could you do this Shelby!

All I can think of her is that she is a great big bully, and when she didn't get her way, she repeated hit her baby until she could go back to sleep.

If the grandmother left at 7:30 am it would have been daylight, or no? That would mean SAD took baby Tyler and disposed of him in broad daylight!?

I hope I did this right but this website says that sunrise was at

6:42 AM CST on 15 NOV 2011.

http://www.wunderground.com/history...tml?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

So Grandma left the home 45 mins after sunrise.

I think you're correct, broad daylight. (OT but I forgot it's cold there now LOL, I'm in Hawaii and the weather never changes. Only varies 10 degrees all year and the variation from day to night isn't that much, well except from Nov to March it rains--and rains---and rains---oh and rains).

This is a rumor. Prior to her FB getting locked down there were TONS of pics of him. I saw pics of him all over others' pages, as well.

There were pics of him out within 30 minutes of the SARA Alert going out yesterday.
There were tons of pictures from one day (same outfit) on her FB. I still have the page open on my computer. The photo's that I see, are from 6 months ago, no current ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname