MO MO - William Murphy, 36, no car/phone/credit cards, Chesterfield, St. Louis County, 7 Mar 2019

cybervampira

Reaction score
Chesterfield Police Department

***MISSING PERSON***
We are attempting to locate William Murphy 36yrs old. 6’2” 225 lbs, black curly hair and hazel eyes. He was last seen at his/his parents home on Spring Gate Dr on 3/7/19. He has no car, phone, credit cards, or employment and has no known medical issues. It is unknown what clothes he is wearing
If you have seen William or have any information, please call us at 636-537-3000 or call 911

upload_2019-3-10_23-56-16.jpegupload_2019-3-10_23-55-55.jpeg

Local man missing with no phone or credit cards. Police ask for help

***MISSING PERSON***
We are attempting to locate William Murphy 36yrs old. 6’2” 225 lbs, black curly hair and hazel eyes. He was last seen at his/his parents home on Spring Gate Dr on 3/7/19. He has no car, phone, credit cards, or employment and has no known medical issues. It is unknown what clothes he is wearing
If you have seen William or have any information, please call us at 636-537-3000 or call 911

View attachment 173526View attachment 173524

Local man missing with no phone or credit cards. Police ask for help
From the article: Police said he doesn't own a car, a phone or credit cards. Police also said he has no friends. Maybe that should read "employment?" :confused:

Spring Gate Drive, Chesterfield MO: Google Maps

Well this is strange. He was unemployed, lived at home in his parents' basement, and apparently no friends :(. I wonder if there are mental health issues? ETA: the article says he has no medical issues, usually that includes emotional/mental issues. I wonder if there is a history of substance abuse.

Last edited:
I have a cousin who’s lives at home at 35 with no friends and who also has enough independence that she could be missing a day or 3 before anyone really noticed or was alarmed. She’s on the spectrum, very high functioning. I’m curious about substance abuse and internet relationships.

Was hoping for a positive update today but it looks like he's still missing. I know it's probably none of my business but I can't help but wonder why a man in his mid-30's with apparently no medical history wouldn't have a car or a job, or at least a cell phone and a credit or debit card. I can't imagine why, except maybe substance abuse issues, but afaik there is no evidence of that. :confused: I'm assuming it was his family that last saw him at their home, I'd like to know who besides his family was the last to see him (fyi: I'm not suggesting any foul play by family). All IMO.

...."There have been multiple possible sightings in downtown St. Louis and at the downtown public libraries" ....
St. Louis is my hometown. While there are definitely homeless people downtown, it’s hard to imagine that the population is so huge that they can’t confirm if it’s him. Is anyone really looking for this man?

St. Louis is my hometown. While there are definitely homeless people downtown, it’s hard to imagine that the population is so huge that they can’t confirm if it’s him. Is anyone really looking for this man?

I took a peek at Chesterfield's facebook page and it appears that he is known to hang out at places like public libraries and book stores so yeah, it's odd that a positive ID hasn't been made, especially with sightings coming in. He was living at home, I wonder why he didn't just leave a note or something to tell his family where he was going. And again, someone his age with no cell phone?!??? I wonder if he has done this before, goes off the grid and then eventually shows up??

I saw that @Gardener1850 just posted a white male body recovered from the Mississippi River near Chester, Illinois on March 20th...the "Chester" caught my eye and I instantly thought of this guy here but he is from Chesterfield, MO. When Googling both areas they are about 80 miles apart, but the Mississippi runs through the general areas of both cities, Chesterfield being northwest of Chester. All we know so far is that the man recovered from the river is white male, 6' tall. Murphy is listed as 6'2", that's pretty close. I can't find any updates on Murphy since he was first reported missing, I'm assuming that he is still missing? I wonder if there is any chance the man retrieved from the river could be Murphy.

IL - IL - Randolph Co, WhtMale Body found in Mississippi River near Chester, Mar 2019

Tried to see if Mr. Murphy had looming legal problems, but there are 50 pages of cases involving "William Murphy" here:

https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/cases/searchCases.do

a contentious divorce could leave him in his parents' basement with no visible assets JMHO.

Middle name of birth date anywhere? I guess 2019 - 36 = 1983 for his year of birth, could be '82 or '84 of course.

JMHO YMMV

Well, I wonder if Mr. Murphy was recently released from incarceration, guessing, supposition. If ordered to have no contact with prior associates, he may have no friends because he hasn't had time to become acquainted with new people.

I am not speculating about Mr. Murphy's choices or lifestyle, just trying to think of situations where a person might have no phone, no credit cards, no car, no job, no contacts except for parents.

I also wonder about self-harm.

Steve Koecher was underemployed, somewhat similar??? Except for friends & church associates.

NV - NV - Steven Koecher, 30, Henderson, 13 Dec 2009 - #22

All JMHO YMMV

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23