MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

Omg

Her remains were found in a blue barrel.
Yep.

I think we all knew from the moment this story first broke that it was going to be nasty. I think we all expected the other victims to be found sooner, though, maybe at the home.

Turns out he was dumping them in the river.

I don't know about this specific stretch of the Missouri, but I read a book with another case that focussed on the Missouri River. They were looking for a whole damn car, an older car with a proper steel chassis, with a woman in the trunk, and they weren't sure they were going to find her, because though they knew where the car went in, the conditions were such that it could have been carried far, far downstream if it floated for a bit, further still if the flooding that happened in the years since she went in had scoured the bottom and taken it away. As it turns out, it wasn't far from the entry point, but it was difficult to find because of the muddiness of the water and the swiftness of the flow.

A plastic bucket is a lot smaller and easier to be dragged downstream than a car. Let's all just cross our fingers that any other victims (and I expect there are others) haven't drifted too far down the river from the entry point.

MOO

Yep.

I think we all knew from the moment this story first broke that it was going to be nasty. I think we all expected the other victims to be found sooner, though, maybe at the home.

Turns out he was dumping them in the river.

I don't know about this specific stretch of the Missouri, but I read a book with another case that focussed on the Missouri River. They were looking for a whole damn car, an older car with a proper steel chassis, with a woman in the trunk, and they weren't sure they were going to find her, because though they knew where the car went in, the conditions were such that it could have been carried far, far downstream if it floated for a bit, further still if the flooding that happened in the years since she went in had scoured the bottom and taken it away. As it turns out, it wasn't far from the entry point, but it was difficult to find because of the muddiness of the water and the swiftness of the flow.

A plastic bucket is a lot smaller and easier to be dragged downstream than a car. Let's all just cross our fingers that any other victims (and I expect there are others) haven't drifted too far down the river from the entry point.

MOO
I imagine that now the remains have been confirmed to belong to Jaynie, LE in Excelsior Springs will probably request other agencies notify them if they come across other cases of remains found in blue barrels.

Omg

I totally missed that until you pointed it out.

1690989967402.png
An artist's rendering of the discovery of the barrel (Mackenzie Cole).

Omg

Yeah. I posted about that upthread. MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

The cadaver dog did a hit on a blue barrel (flagged it). Pic I grabbed from the vid from the link below:

(NOTE: This is a SS from a vid, it's not the actual vid so you can't click on it to watch. The link to the vid is at the bottom of this post)
1690990801672.png

You can see the quick flag the dog gives at 47 seconds in. This vid doesn't have the ability to grab the link at any point you'd like so I was unable to do that for you. Just click on 45 seconds in or you'll miss it. It was quick and there's no denying what message that dog gave its trainer.

So, if Jaynie was obviously in a different blue barrel... who was in the one the cadaver dog flagged AND where is she now???

The woman that escaped referred to "2 of her friends". I'm guessing it was the other friend she brought up:

“He killed two of my friends,” she told him.

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/12/25/missing-black-women-kansas-city/

Last edited:
Yeah. I posted about that upthread. MO - Woman escapes from Excelsior Springs house, says she's been held against her will since September 2022

The cadaver dog did a hit on a blue barrel (flagged it). Pic I grabbed from the vid from the link below:

(NOTE: This is a SS from a vid, it's not the actual vid so you can't click on it to watch. The link to the vid is at the bottom of this post)
View attachment 438567

You can see the quick flag the dog gives at 47 seconds in. This vid doesn't have the ability to grab the link at any point you'd like so I was unable to do that for you. Just click on 45 seconds in or you'll miss it. It was quick and there's no denying what message that dog gave its trainer.

So, if Jaynie was obviously in a different blue barrel... who was in the one the cadaver dog flagged AND where is she now???

The woman that escaped referred to "2 of her friends". I'm guessing it was the other friend she brought up:

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/12/25/missing-black-women-kansas-city/
Just how many blue barrels has he dumped.....

I feel visceral terror for the woman who escaped, knowing he had a barrel essentially with her name on it.

Jmo

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg on what Haslett has done.

Is there any common denominator regarding the two known victims?
For me the common denominator is (All MOO):

The woman that escaped referred to "2 of her friends". I'm guessing it was the other friend she brought up as the cadaver dog (that post is here) flagged a barrel as having human remains in it, yet I believe it was found empty (so maybe he transported a dead body in it?):

Last edited:

The woman that escaped referred to "2 of her friends". I'm guessing it was the other friend she brought up as the cadaver dog (that post is here) flagged a barrel as having human remains in it, yet I believe it was found empty (so maybe he transported a dead body in it?):

I agree he probably transported or stored a body in it for a time before disposing of it and keeping the barrel. Dogs are super sensitive. I haven't read the case, but I've seen it mentioned all over, that Yingying Zhang, the dog alerted somewhere her body likely only rested for a few moments.

MOO

Makes me wonder if he knew the victims or not. Did all three victims get kidnapped at the same time or over a period of time. It would be pretty hard to contain and control three women at once.

Not much being said about this case regarding what the surviving victim has told authorities regarding how her and her friends came to be in the situation.

I think this is just the tip of the iceberg on what Haslett has done.

Is there any common denominator regarding the two known victims?
Same line of work? Possibly knew each other and looked out for each other that way.

If he confessed to her that he killed the other too, he never intended to let her go.

If this were a movie, I don't think I could watch it anymore. Too traumatizing, even just to think of what these women endured...

Jmo

Same line of work? Possibly knew each other and looked out for each other that way.

If he confessed to her that he killed the other too, he never intended to let her go.

If this were a movie, I don't think I could watch it anymore. Too traumatizing, even just to think of what these women endured...

Jmo
Found some information in the following article. It appears the three women were not kidnapped at the same time, but went missing within a weeks time and the Kansas City Police denied it. The living victim reported she was picked up on Prospect Ave. I get the feeling the victims knew each other from the streets. Possibly working as prostitutes in the Prospect Ave area.

During that time, community activist, Bishop Tony Caldwell, posted a video on Facebook accusing elected officials and law enforcement of ignoring signs of a “serial killer on the loose.” Three Black women had gone missing within a week, he said, but no one was looking for them.

Less than two weeks later, a barely clothed woman appeared at a home on Don Shelton Boulevard wearing a trash bag, a metal collar with a padlock, and duct tape around her neck, according to court documents. She told police that she had been picked up by Timothy M. Haslett Jr., a 40-year-old white man, on Prospect Avenue in early September, and held in a basement room where Haslett had tied her up and tortured her. She told police that Haslett killed two of her friends, The Washington Post reported.

Caldwell said he and other community leaders' concerns were dismissed by authorities when they initially alleged that young women were being abducted from Prospect Avenue, an area of Kansas City notorious for sex workers. Caldwell said that most of the women working in that area are Black.

Found some information in the following article. It appears the three women were not kidnapped at the same time, but went missing within a weeks time and the Kansas City Police denied it. The living victim reported she was picked up on Prospect Ave. I get the feeling the victims knew each other from the streets. Possibly working as prostitutes in the Prospect Ave area.

During that time, community activist, Bishop Tony Caldwell, posted a video on Facebook accusing elected officials and law enforcement of ignoring signs of a “serial killer on the loose.” Three Black women had gone missing within a week, he said, but no one was looking for them.

Less than two weeks later, a barely clothed woman appeared at a home on Don Shelton Boulevard wearing a trash bag, a metal collar with a padlock, and duct tape around her neck, according to court documents. She told police that she had been picked up by Timothy M. Haslett Jr., a 40-year-old white man, on Prospect Avenue in early September, and held in a basement room where Haslett had tied her up and tortured her. She told police that Haslett killed two of her friends, The Washington Post reported.

Thank you! I remember the uproar from locals about LE dismissing there was a serial killer, then this gal escaped and said two of her friends were killed by Haslett but it seemed like LE was dismissive of that too.

This poor lady. Three victims in three weeks…what about the many weeks, months and years before that? Surely now someone is actually looking into this??

Caldwell said he and other community leaders' concerns were dismissed by authorities when they initially alleged that young women were being abducted from Prospect Avenue, an area of Kansas City notorious for sex workers. Caldwell said that most of the women working in that area are Black.

I sure hope like heck some heads roll over that. They were handed valid info on a silver platter, yet it was ignored. Those women deserved someone out looking for them, but I get it... if their police is like ours, they are stretched thin, with all the crime, and understaffed. I get it, but it's still unfortunate. :(

I hope they at least hit the "streets" and talk to the women out there and try to find out of there is any chatter on the streets of other missing women. I recently watched a Dateline about that. A female LE befriended the ladies of the night to gather info to help them find other missing women.

Yikes! Appears there's another guy like Haslett in Oregon! Down to one of the women escaping which led to his arrest! They were also prostitutes.

''A "violent sex assault offender" accused of holding a kidnapped woman captive in a makeshift cinderblock cell in his Oregon garage may have other victims, the FBI said Wednesday.

I sure hope like heck some heads roll over that. They were handed valid info on a silver platter, yet it was ignored. Those women deserved someone out looking for them, but I get it... if their police is like ours, they are stretched thin, with all the crime, and understaffed. I get it, but it's still unfortunate. :(

I hope they at least hit the "streets" and talk to the women out there and try to find out of there is any chatter on the streets of other missing women. I recently watched a Dateline about that. A female LE befriended the ladies of the night to gather info to help them find other missing women.
But if 3 non-sex worker white women disappeared in that time span, they would have been all over it.

Yikes! Appears there's another guy like Haslett in Oregon! Down to one of the women escaping which led to his arrest! They were also prostitutes.

''A "violent sex assault offender" accused of holding a kidnapped woman captive in a makeshift cinderblock cell in his Oregon garage may have other victims, the FBI said Wednesday.

It’s like there is a manual to this on the dark web. We’ve had other cases of kids found in sheds recently. How many others?

KANSAS CITY, Mo. —
The Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department said a video circulating social media claiming a "serial killer" is targeting women in the community is false.

In the video, posted to TikTok and shared to other social media platforms, a man claims information from the community says four "Black girls" have been murdered, and three more have been reported missing, in the past week. The post also goes on to state that four bodies have been found in a specific part of the city since Tuesday.

No names were provided regarding the alleged victims or missing women in the video. That video has since been deleted from TikTok, but continues to circulate social media.

In a statement, a spokesperson with the Kansas City, Missouri, Police Department said this is a rumor with no factual basis.
Just wanted to bring this post forward....

It’s like there is a manual to this on the dark web. We’ve had other cases of kids found in sheds recently. How many others?
You know, it's funny you should say that (and not in a humorous way). I was just thinking that it sounds like the Sarah Everard case where Wayne Couzens pretended to be a police officer which is how he kidnapped her. My thought was... was this guy on Websleuths and taking notes???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gymtherapy
Back