Morgan Spurlock, a documentary filmmaker who ate McDonald’s every day for a month in “Super Size Me,” has died due to complications of cancer.

sds71

Reaction score
Morgan Spurlock, the filmmaker behind the award-winning documentary "Super Size Me," died from cancer complications, his family announced on Friday.

"Morgan gave so much through his art, ideas, and generosity," his brother, Craig Spurlock, said in a statement. "The world has lost a true creative genius and a special man."

Spurlock died Thursday, according to his family. He was 53 years old.

“It was a sad day, as we said goodbye to my brother Morgan,” Craig Spurlock, who worked with him on several projects, in the statement.

Spurlock made a splash in 2004 with his groundbreaking “Super Size Me,” and returned in 2019 with “Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken!” — a sober look at an industry that processes 9 billion animals a year in America.

Rest in peace, Morgan !
53 isn't very old at all.

My condolences to his loved ones. :(

I know he's mentioned before having some long-term health sequelae from the McDonald's thing, so I'm saddened but not surprised to hear this. He really performed a valuable thing with the documentary.
There is a valid argument to be made that the alcohol was the bigger factor for his deterioration of health during the time of the documentary. I seem to recall medical experts doubting the validity of his claims only for him to publicly admit he wasn’t actually being healthy outside of the McDonald’s study. He was told by medical experts during the documentary that he had the liver of an alcoholic but he didn’t admit to it until many years later. I’m not saying McDonald’s is healthy by any means, but I know a ton of college students who never had their health deteriorate in 30 days from McDonald’s. Alcohol also severely increases your chances of cancer.

This is sad to hear nonetheless. May he rest in peace

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loretti11
Back