GUILTY Morocco - Maren Ueland, 28, & Louisa Jespersen, 24, backpackers, beheaded, Dec 2018 *Arrests*

Elley Mae

Reaction score
Terrorism link eyed after tourists are killed in Morocco's Atlas Mountains

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna950221

Backpackers 'beheaded' in Morocco mountains were ‘executed by terrorists,’ security sources say

Backpackers 'beheaded' in Morocco mountains were ‘executed by terrorists,’ security sources say

The killers filmed the vile slaying and a video of the incident is circulating on Moroccan social media sparking outrage in the country, Morocco World News reports.

BEHEADED 'by ISIS': Scandinavian women murdered in Morocco were victims of terrorism, Denmark fears | Daily Mail Online

ISIS terrorists are suspected of murdering two Scandinavian women in Morocco Danish officials have said today, confirming that one of them was beheaded on video.

Maren Ueland, 28, from Norway, and Louisa Vesterager Jespersen, 24, from Denmark, were found dead near the village of Imlil in Morocco's High Atlas mountains on Monday.

At least one of the suspected killers is an 'extremist', Moroccan authorities have confirmed, prompting fears that the gruesome double murder was an act of terror.

This morning, the PET Danish intelligence service said in a statement that it had authenticated an online video showing the murder of one of the women and that the killings can be connected to ISIS.

-----

Witnesses said that three men from Marrakesh were seen camping close to the women, and local media had earlier reported that sexual assault may have been the motive for the crime.

They were filmed fleeing the scene between 2am and 3am on Monday, on a camera belonging to another camper.

On Wednesday, police arrested a man from the city whose identity card was found at the murder scene.

BBM

Earlier, when their bodies had been found and much was still unclear, the ususal female tourist was interviewed on camera saying this could happen anywhere and it should not hold any woman back from travelling bla bla bla.

Terror alert has been at the highest level in Morocco since 2014.

RIP Maren and Louisa

The video of the murder and beheading of Louisa and Maren is out on the internet.
Many news outlets won't post it, because it is too horrible.

Een gruwelijke terreurvideo die zelfs wij niet laten zien, en wel hierom | ThePostOnline

We have just watched (and unfortunately also listened to) a video of what most likely is the brutal and barbaric slaughter of a young Scandinavian tourist in the Moroccan Atlas Mountains, who was found on Monday together with a friend in their tent. Meanwhile several suspects have been arrested and the Moroccan police assume that it is jihadist terror.

The video lasts a little over a minute and shows how a half undressed white woman with blond hair, who apparently lies sleeping on the ground, is grabbed from behind by someone with a hoodie. Then the person in the hoodie immediately cuts the front of the victim's throat open with a large knife. The woman immediately starts shouting, a scream that runs through marrow and bone, turns around, tries to turn away and defend herself and after a few seconds becomes silent and weak. The man in hoodie cuts through until her head is completely off.

That's about the summary of the film. Even without sound it's an almost impossible video, but with sound we soon had to choose between fainting or vomiting. And then, as veterans of internet pits and online sewers for years, we are used to a lot in terms of very gore and very bloody images. In that respect we have seen more than we should have seen (and it can not be unseen).

Jean-Charles Brisard

@JcBrisard Président du Centre d'Analyse du Terrorisme @CAT_Centre Enseignant @ScPo_Strasbourg

Jean-Charles Brisard on Twitter

Du3YS3bWwAAJlGZ.jpg:large

Murder of the two Scandinavian tourists in Morocco: broadcasting of a video in which the 4 alleged perpetrators pledge allegiance to Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi #ISIS

BBM

Same source:

#Terrorism #Morocco The authorities have dismantled 186 terrorist cells since 2002, including 60 since 2015 and 54 linked to the #ISIS. More than 360 attack projects have been thwarted since 2002 (Central Bureau of Judicial Investigations #BCIJ)

Last edited:
'ISIS terrorists' branded two Scandinavian women 'enemies of God' as they decapitated one of them | Daily Mail Online

Footage has emerged today showing four men suspected of carrying out the attack in Morocco pledging their alliance to ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Description of the video:

Sitting in front of a black and white flag, one is seen brandishing a knife as they condemn 'destruction caused by the warplanes of the Crusader alliance'. They also appear to taunt Morocco's intelligence service, saying 'where is your knowledge? For here we are...'

A man starts by reading 'Al Fatiha' which is the Koranic verse that each Muslim should know and recite by heart to prove one is a Muslim.

He says: 'We are the first to see the proof of destruction caused by the Crusaders' Alliance air raids on our brothers.'

The man recites another verse and proceeds to 'quote' the prophet as saying: 'Fight those who do not believe in the Hereafter and say, there's no god but Allah and that I am his Prophet and if they say so, they should make their blood and money available to us.'

He goes on to address the 'Calif (ISIS boss Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi) and our brothers that you have loyal soldiers in the far Maghreb (Morocco) that no one knows about except Allah and they will be victorious, God's willing, for all the Muslims.'

'Our message to all Muslims on social media: "May Allah bless you and, may Allah thank your endeavour, and Allah will compensate you plenty, if you keep on the JIHAD for Allah.

'Keep fighting the enemies of Allah, wherever you are, you have no excuse and, be informed that we are your supporters... you have allies among us. Be informed that we will not enjoy the living in a land that is governed by anything else than the shariah law of Allah. We are the first to see the destruction caused (by) the crusaders' Alliance bombing of our brothers...'

'I pray upon you to shake the humiliation placed on you, get mad angry. and this is our message to the king, the homosexual...'

The man waves his machete in the air and repeats: 'Feel your necks, touch your necks.'

The four men put their hands on top of each other and repeat three times their allegiance to Abu Bakr el Bhaghdadi: 'We pledge allegiance to the Prince of Faithfuls, Ibrahim Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the Calif of Muslims, al-Husseini, al-Qoraychi, we will be loyal and obedient to him in the Mashreq and Maghreb, in wealth and riches and poor times, and God is our witness... '

Then the first man shouts:' Takbir,' and the four answer together: 'Allah W'akbar'

Finally, the four men raise their index fingers as in ISIS allegiance sign.

BBM

Religion of Peace

If this is terrorism why did it get moved.?

Nevermind im done.

I have no idea. Never had any problem with starting a thread about terrorism in the forum 'Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks'. Because, you know, terrorists.

IMHO this thread should be moved back there. "Crimes in the news' is an absurd category. So many crimes are in the news, and other types of crime are also in the news.

Also, we try to keep the terrorist attacks in Europe together, in Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks. If you don't do that, the overview of and the connections between attacks get lost and that would be a pity.

Last edited:
This is so so devastating. Watching the video of the execution was so tramatic. I am so sad that women cannot even hike without these things happening. Mind you, this would have taken place even if the victims were males. I pray for their families and I hope these monsters are sentenced to death for this terrible crime.

BACKPACKER MURDERS: ISIS posted grisly images on grieving mom’s Facebook page
"The final thrust of the knife used to decapitate two backpackers in the hills of Morocco was figurative.

For a twisted ideology rooted in the 1500s like the one ISIS follows the cut was most modern.

ISIS fanatics who murdered tourists Dane Louisa Vesterager Jespersen, 24, and Norwegian Maren Ueland, 28, while they slept, used social media to spread their vile message.

The suspected killers posted gruesome images of the murders on Ueland’s mother Irene’s Facebook page.
And they celebrated “Allah’s will” by sending the images via private messenger to the two women’s wide circle of friends, Danish media is reporting."

Can I ask why this isn’t under the usual spot of located?

Because they were not missing. Only missing persons cases are moved to the Located section after they are found.

This thread was first posted in the Rampage Killings and Terrorist Attacks forum but was moved to Crimes in the News for some reason.

I've been following this story since the news broke earlier this week. What a tragic situation. I watched part of the video without sound - I do not recommend viewing the video. Although it is still being authenticated, I have no doubt that it is real.

13 arrests so far, 4 who were involved in the murders and I think the other 9 were people in the area affiliated with Daesh.

I would recommend no-one watch the video. Not only does it give attention to these lunatic fanatics but it’s also incredibly damaging to the victims’ loved ones to have this paraded around. I’m surprised countries haven’t taken as strict a stance on punishing those watching it as when we had those awful ISIS execution videos previously.
I’m still in shock that this has happened - what on earth is the world coming to!

I would recommend no-one watch the video. Not only does it give attention to these lunatic fanatics but it’s also incredibly damaging to the victims’ loved ones to have this paraded around. I’m surprised countries haven’t taken as strict a stance on punishing those watching it as when we had those awful ISIS execution videos previously.
I’m still in shock that this has happened - what on earth is the world coming to!

Some are asking people to look at the videos so we truly understand what ISIS and Daesh are capable of doing to people.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back