Identified! MS – Vancleave, WhtFem UP10335, 25-35, in heavy woods, Jan’91 - Kimberly Ann Funk

Thumbnail

https://www.theunidentified.org/post/new-forensic-art-for-a-very-old-case Update 9/28/18: Artist Kathy Coop, a private citizen and advocate for missing and unidentified people, has created an exceptional additional image to help visualize this woman. This conceptualization is based on the new forensic art that has been released and is not formally associated with the case file.

dc3f19_5259b483abe0431c9ae87fb426056a7c~mv2.webp

Attachments

• file.png
    file.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 33
This was confusing, but I think the thread title can be changed now. New or updated information in red. The newspaper clippings and recons can be found at the NamUs link.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

1252UFMS

Date of Discovery: February 1, 1991
Location of Discovery: Vancleave, Jackson County, Mississippi
(off Ward Bayou Road)
Estimated Date of Death: 3 years prior
State of Remains:
Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown, homicide suspected.

Estimated Age: 25-35 years old
Race: White
Sex:
Female
Height: 5'2" to 5'6"
Weight:
105 to 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown/Dark Brown (same length as this photo)
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Dentals: Available. Metallic crown on upper-right incisor.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Sample submitted - tests not complete.

Clothing: A bathing suit (description unavailable).
Jewelry: Some jewelry was recovered at the scene (description unavailable).

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent's partial remains were found in Vancleave, Mississippi around February 1, 1991 by hunters. Newspaper clippings mention the discovery taking place on January 31.

It is believed she was from a different State.

Her case file was destroyed and many details about the case are unknown. There are two possible recovery locations and dates.

Initially, investigators were unsure of the recovery date and listed it as January 1, 1988.

Last edited:
This was confusing, but I think the thread title can be changed now. New or updated information in red. The newspaper clippings and recons can be found at the NamUs link.

1252UFMS

Date of Discovery: February 1, 1991
Location of Discovery: Vancleave, Jackson County, Mississippi
(off Ward Bayou Road)
Estimated Date of Death: 3 years prior
State of Remains:
Partial skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown, homicide suspected.

Estimated Age: 25-35 years old
Race: White
Sex:
Female
Height: 5'2" to 5'6"
Weight:
105 to 135 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Brown (same length as this photo)
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Dentals: Available. Metallic crown on upper-right incisor.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Sample submitted - tests not complete.

Clothing: A bathing suit (description unavailable).
Jewelry: Some jewelry was recovered at the scene (description unavailable).

Circumstances of Discovery
The decedent's partial remains were found in Vancleave, Mississippi around February 1, 1991 by hunters. Newspaper clippings mention the discovery taking place on January 31.

It is believed she was from a different State.

Her case file was destroyed and many details about the case are unknown. There are two possible recovery locations and dates.

Initially, investigators were unsure of the recovery date and listed it as January 1, 1988.

Thank you @MadMcGoo.... Say what! Glad they keep on working on this file...but sorry.....it's stays weird. I'm going to reconsider the possible matches we came up with, checking them against the new info.

Thank you @MadMcGoo.... Say what! Glad they keep on working on this file...but sorry.....it's stays weird. I'm going to reconsider the possible matches we came up with, checking them against the new info.
Yah... it’s still all over the place. I was looking at Gwendolyn Clemons as a possible match, but then I noticed the color/length of hair was off. Then I noticed the date was different...and location. lol That’s when I realized everything had been updated! At least they’re doing something though.

I wonder why they think she was from a different state? If the file got lost, IMO we should take some info with a little grain of salt, besides the metal crown (gold-capped according to news articles??) and stats that could have been found examining the remains (my assumption is that they still have the skeleton and skull, establishing the newer stats through that?)

The following possible matches were brought up
Beatrice Villela – The Charley Project
UID found 1991 - MP missing since 09/28/1980
Near Vanclieve, near the Pascagoula river, MS - MP missing from San Antonio, Texas
Estimated year of death: 1989
Estimated PMI: 3 years before finding (1988)
UID Age estimate: 25 - 35 - MP approx. 30 in 1989
Race: White/Caucasian - MP Hispanic
Hair color: Brown/dark brown, above shoulders. Curly/Strait?? - MP black hair
Height: 5' 2"- 5' 4"(62-64 inches), Estimated - MP 5'6,
Weight: 130-135 lbs, Estimated - MP 140 pounds

Seeing the altered stats, possible time of death approx. 1989 f.i., I don't think Jane Doe could be her. IMO a to big time gap between lost and found, Hispanic and nothing about a metal crown.

Susan Oliver Scott The Doe Network: Case File 1382DFLA
UID found 1991 - missing since August 7, 1985
Near Vanclieve, near the Pascagoula river - From Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana.
UID Age estimate: 25 - 35 - MP approx. 33 in 1989
Race: White/Caucasian - MP White/Caucasian
Hair color: Brown/dark brown, above shoulders. Curly/Strait?? - MP Brown, looks short. BTW maybe somebody should clean up her picture.
Crown (metal...gold?) upper-right incisor - MP not mentioned
Height: 5' 2"- 5' 4"(62-64 inches), Estimated - MP 5'4"
Weight: 130-135 lbs, Estimated - MP 90 lbs.

Stats would fit, besides her weight. Scott's vehicle was found in the Amite River Diversion Canal <Louisiana, Amite river, running near Baton Rouge> five weeks after her disappearance, with the keys in the ignition. Her body was never found. IMO somebody did something to her in the night she went missing, near to her home and dumped her car. Or.... she went under the radar from 1985 until approx. 1988/1989 when this Jane Doe was killed and gained weight in the between years.

Thoughts? There were more suggestions, I will get to it later.

Last edited:
Why is DNA after all these years still pending? Sample submitted - tests not complete. Did they also loose that? Still up in the Doe Network file 1252UFMS

I wonder why they think she was from a different state? If the file got lost, IMO we should take some info with a little grain of salt, besides the metal crown (gold-capped according to news articles??) and stats that could have been found examining the remains (my assumption is that they still have the skeleton and skull, establishing the newer stats through that?)

The following possible matches were brought up
Beatrice Villela – The Charley Project
UID found 1991 - MP missing since 09/28/1980
Near Vanclieve, near the Pascagoula river, MS - MP missing from San Antonio, Texas
UID Age estimate: 25 - 35 - MP approx. 30 in 1989
Race: White/Caucasian - MP Hispanic
Hair color: Brown/dark brown, above shoulders. Curly/Strait?? - MP black hair
Height: 5' 2"- 5' 4"(62-64 inches), Estimated - MP 5'6,
Weight: 130-135 lbs, Estimated - MP 140 pounds

Seeing the altered stats, possible time of death approx. 1989 f.i., I don't think Jane Doe could be her. IMO a to big time gap between lost and found, Hispanic and nothing about a metal crown.

Susan Oliver Scott The Doe Network: Case File 1382DFLA
UID found 1991 - missing since August 7, 1985
Near Vanclieve, near the Pascagoula river - From Baton Rouge, East Baton Rouge Parish, Louisiana.
UID Age estimate: 25 - 35 - MP approx. 33 in 1989
Race: White/Caucasian - MP White/Caucasian
Hair color: Brown/dark brown, above shoulders. Curly/Strait?? - MP Brown, looks short. BTW maybe somebody should clean up her picture.
Crown (metal...gold?) upper-right incisor - MP not mentioned
Height: 5' 2"- 5' 4"(62-64 inches), Estimated - MP 5'4"
Weight: 130-135 lbs, Estimated - MP 90 lbs.

Stats would fit, besides her weight. Scott's vehicle was found in the Amite River Diversion Canal <Louisiana, Amite river, running near Baton Rouge> five weeks after her disappearance, with the keys in the ignition. Her body was never found. IMO somebody did something to her in the night she went missing, near to her home and dumped her car. Or.... she went under the radar from 1985 until approx. 1988/1989 when this Jane Doe was killed and gained weight in the between years.

Thoughts? There were more suggestions, I will get to it later.
Susan looks particularly interesting because of the distance and overall appearance. The weight is off, but that could be attributed to being in the water for that amount of time? I wouldn’t expect it to be completely accurate.

I’m not sure what to think of Beatrice. I guess there’s nothing really obvious to rule her out though. Maybe race? Maybe.

I'm still pondering on this woman.

TINA DARLENE WALLS Missing 1-26-1987 Missing from Biloxi, Harrison County Ms. White Female Blonde Hair ( dyed) Hazel Eyes 27 Yrs. old DOB: 12/22/1959 No major scars or healed broken bones. No tattoos CASE # 2015001366 Contact Inv. Kristi Johnson Harrison County Sheriffs Office 228-896-0664

upload_2019-9-30_13-16-29-jpeg.206973

She was arrested and is according to the above paper clipping from the Buzzard Roost community, in MS. Another person (from Mobile, Alabama) was also arrested. Reports vary on where she is missing from....Biloxi or Gulfport. It's all near the place where Jane Doe was found.

upload_2021-2-12_14-12-38.png

She seems to have dark brown hair, dyed blonde. I can't find where she was born, maybe she was from Alabama originally?

Tina Darlene Walls - Mississippi Missing Person Directory

If you put her picture next to the recon...the nose is accurate...but forhead and chin are somehow different. Also no mentioning about a metal crown...but I couldn't find much about her besides what is shared.

I'm still pondering on this woman.

TINA DARLENE WALLS Missing 1-26-1987 Missing from Biloxi, Harrison County Ms. White Female Blonde Hair ( dyed) Hazel Eyes 27 Yrs. old DOB: 12/22/1959 No major scars or healed broken bones. No tattoos CASE # 2015001366 Contact Inv. Kristi Johnson Harrison County Sheriffs Office 228-896-0664

upload_2019-9-30_13-16-29-jpeg.206973

She was arrested and is according to the above paper clipping from the Buzzard Roost community, in MS. Another person (from Mobile, Alabama) was also arrested. Reports vary on where she is missing from....Biloxi or Gulfport. It's all near the place where Jane Doe was found.

View attachment 283898

She seems to have dark brown hair, dyed blonde. I can't find where she was born, maybe she was from Alabama originally?

Tina Darlene Walls - Mississippi Missing Person Directory

If you put her picture next to the recon...the nose is accurate...but forhead and chin are somehow different. Also no mentioning about a metal crown...but I couldn't find much about her besides what is shared.
This one is intriguing. Yeah, it looks like her natural hair is not blonde, but rather dark. And the area is right for sure. I think she’s a pretty good possibility!

She was arrested and found in possession of quite a lot of money and (I’m assuming, I don’t know) a decent amount of marijuana. Even by today’s standards that’s a lot of money! It seems obvious she was involved in some sort of drug trafficking operation. That could have landed her in a bad situation.

I find that recon difficult to compare anything to, no offense. But overall, I think she’d be worth submitting! Nice find.

ETA: Walls v. State

I suppose she might be from Alabama.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members