Identified! MS - Bolton, off Champion Hill Rd, BlkFem Adult, Pre30, UP56266, Skeletal, Mar'18 - Juanita Diane Roxy Coleman

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
HINDS COUNTY, Miss. (WJTV) -- Authorities are investigating after possible skeletal remains were found in Hinds County.

According to the coroner, the remains were found in a wooded area off of Champion Hill Road in Bolton.

The Hinds County Sheriff's Department said their deputies along with the Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and the coroner's office were called to the scene just after 10 a.m. Tuesday.
“Timber workers discovered the remains and contacted authorities.” Although we have not determined how long the remains have been here, it does not appear to have been recent," Hinds County Major Pete Luke said.
http://www.wjtv.com/news/metro/possible-skeletal-remains-found-in-hinds-county/1039726117
The Hinds County Sheriff's Department confirms that full skeletal remains were found by forestry workers in Bolton on Tuesday.

The Mississippi Bureau of Investigation and the Hinds County Coroner's officer are on the scene, as well as an anthropologist.
Coroner Sharon Grisham-Stewart said the recovery process will continue on Wednesday. She said there was "not enough recovered today that we can draw any conclusions from."

Grisham-Stewart collected the remains and will send them to the State Crime Lab for further analysis.
https://www.clarionledger.com/story...3/human-skeleton-found-mississippi/421841002/

Can "Bolton" be added to this title since multiple other bodies have also been found in Bolton, MS and may be related?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP56266
Date Body Found March 13, 2018
ME/C Case Number ME#18-0281

Sex Female
Race/Ethnicity Black/African American
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 30
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Location Bolton, Mississippi
County Hinds County

Circumstances of Recovery Tree cutting service discovered a human skull in a wooded area where they were working, along side Champion Hill Road in Bolton, MS. Additional search efforts yielded additional skeletal remains.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

WAPT

Updated: 10:26 PM CDT May 19, 2022
Infinite Scroll Enabled

HINDS COUNTY, Miss. —
The Hinds County Sheriff's Office have identified remains found three years ago.

Officials said they found partially burned remains back in March 2018 in the woods off of Champion Hill Road in Bolton.

The sheriff's office said those remains were identified as Juanita Coleman. She was 19 years old when she went missing in 2016.

Officials said her mother did not file a missing person report until 2020.

The remains were identified in May using a DNA sample the mother provided.

The sheriff's office said a forensic anthropological analysis did not reveal Coleman's cause of death.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Hinds County Sheriff's Office.

Details of Disappearance​

Coleman was last seen in the 1500 block of Dianne Drive in Jackson, Mississippi on April 1, 2016. She has never been heard from again. Her family has heard rumors that she was shot in the face, but these stories have not been confirmed. Her case remains unsolved.

Hoping to have lots more Mississippi case updates to share soon!
I went to your session at Crime Con. As soon as I saw identified in Mississippi, I knew it was yall. I have been telling everyone about your amazing and exciting new contributions to helping identify through DNA. Thank you for what you do. Sincerely.

I went to your session at Crime Con. As soon as I saw identified in Mississippi, I knew it was yall. I have been telling everyone about your amazing and exciting new contributions to helping identify through DNA. Thank you for what you do. Sincerely.
Thanks for the support!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back