MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, found burned near her car, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you SStarr33 for posting a link to these photos.

IMHO, the driver's seat is NOT reclined to the same extreme position as the passenger seat (as illustrated below). Even allowing for the photo angle, the passenger seat is obviously reclined to a greater degree than the driver's seat. In addition, the passenger seat appears to be "pushed back" farther away from the dashboard than Jessica's driver's seat. This would allow for a longer-legged passenger, such as a male or female who was considerably taller than Jessica.

Attachments

• Jess Car 2.jpg
    Jess Car 2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 419
Is there any speculation as to how long the car was in flames? Thanks

The battery was out of her phone. Was the battery cover on the phone as if it were replaced after the battery removed or was the cover still off? Not sure what kind of phone she had but if she dropped it after exiting the car it could have fallen out then. Do we know if the battery was found?

I'm leaning toward a tragic engine fire that rapidly overtook her and the car causing her to lose control. The Kia Rio did have this as a recall problem.

Possibly. But why then would the father say 'They poured lighter fluid down her throat and up her nose' ?

Times they are a changin, WhoaIsMe. "Technology" and.. A town with a population of only 460 folks would likely have a funeral home too small to accommodate the MS Media and the large number of people that has been touched by Jessica Chalmers' senseless tragic death.. jmo

Stay Strong by Heather Cohen
https://soundcloud.com/musictykoon/stay-strong
I get it. That level of grief just seems so ....personal. Just seems like the public/media could do a vigil but I don't think I'd want the whole country privy to that depth of anguish. IMO MOO JMO etc

Possibly. But why then would the father say 'They poured lighter fluid down her throat and up her nose' ?
From first media interview s, Dad stated that doctor at hospital told him off accelerants used by squirting in nose and throat. But owner of M&m First Stop posted this detail to FB friends 2am, after recovery crew brought the burned out car to his gas station. Said gas had been poured down her throat. SOMEONE told him that. This is why we eagerly await forensics to confirm or not.... Autopsy results delayed a day, perhaps for a personal reason. We shall see.

SPECULATION ON MY PART: There is more to the gas station, a lot more.

(Modsnip)

I would have to be heavily medicated to be a parent and unwillingly replay my child's horrific death over and over.
My continued thoughts and prayers to family, friends and the responder(s). :rose:

This case is so strange. A small town where everyone knows you, but no one is talking about who might have done this?

For Jessica to have been on fire as she walked down the street, as reported upthread, how did she get out of her seatbelt? She had to be in extreme pain, and trying to unbuckle a seatbelt while you are on fire, is just unimaginable in my opinion. Also, opening the door had to be very difficult!

This young lady was a very strong person and fought to live. Hopefully she gave the first responder a significant clue and LE are doing the backtracking to put the pieces together.

Maybe Foxfire or another can help ... if the airbags had deployed, would there be any visible evidence in the photos of that?

Can't really tell in those photos, but airbags are designed to deploy when temperatures reach 300 degrees. More than likely the fire in her car reached well over 300, so they should have deployed.

Could the seats have been reclined by LE afterwards? I thought of this because of how the seats had been moved by LE in Jesse Matthew's car (in the Hannah Graham case).

I watched the cctv service station video. From what I can tell....IMOO,,,,, she exits her car and it looks like someone gets her attention and she walks to another car? Can anyone tell me what likely happens next ?
Is she in the other car?

From first media interview s, Dad stated that doctor at hospital told him off accelerants used by squirting in nose and throat. But owner of M&m First Stop posted this detail to FB friends 2am, after recovery crew brought the burned out car to his gas station. Said gas had been poured down her throat. SOMEONE told him that. This is why we eagerly await forensics to confirm or not.... Autopsy results delayed a day, perhaps for a personal reason. We shall see.

Super interesting point. Thank you. Of course the story about lighter fluid in her nose is a horrific tale and would probably been easily and quickly spread back from Memphis to Courtland within that time period, especially given her dad's employment and the community's closeness.

Curious, what type of "personal reason" would delay an autopsy result? Do you mean for example if it determined that she was raped and LE wanted to break the news to the family first? Touchy scenario I know, and it's 100% hypothetical, but I was wondering if that's the kind of reason you thought might delay results.

Could the seats have been reclined by LE afterwards? I thought of this because of how the seats had been moved by LE in Jesse Matthew's car (in the Hannah Graham case).

Do we know for a fact that she was the one that drove off from the gas station?

Thank you SStarr33 for posting a link to these photos.

IMHO, the passenger seat is NOT reclined to the same extreme position as the passenger seat (as illustrated below). Even allowing for the photo angle, the passenger seat is obviously reclined to a greater degree than the driver's seat. In addition, the passenger seat appears to be "pushed back" farther away from the dashboard than Jessica's driver's seat. This would allow for a longer-legged passenger, such as a male or female who was considerably taller than Jessica.

This is just how I recline my passenger's seat when I am cleaning my car! I back it up to vacuum the floorboard area all around and under it, and I recline it to get the stuff that collects on the seat and where the seat bottom meets the seat back. And now that I see this picture, I'm thinking the driver's seat isn't all that reclined really. Depending on how the seat was cushioned, this may be a normal position for driving. IMO.

I think there might be a bit of a delayed reaction to being burned, maybe just a moment or so. I think a person could have the ablity to speak and move for a short amount of time.

To me, it doesn't look like she recognizes the person and was waving to them like she was saying hi, but rather waiving them off, like 'no, I'm going that way' or "I can't talk, I'm putting gas in my car (waving her hand in the direction of her car). Notice when she walks toward them she kind of pauses for a quick second then puts her head down and starts walking in their direction. Like when a person doesn't want to do something but does it anyway. I do that when I'm in the middle of something and my son calls me to see something funny on tv. I'm usually fussing under my breath but don't want him to know he's interrupting me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member