MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, 6 Dec 2014 ; Quinton Tellis Indicted - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://archive.commercialappeal.com...9d3eb3-25a9-4a5a-e053-0100007f-387035231.html

In Mississippi, CNN and NBC were among the media outlets that received permission to have cameras at last Friday's hearing, where Tellis pleaded not guilty through attorney Darla Palmer before being quickly whisked away to the DeSoto County Jail. The Associated Press and the Clarion-Ledger newspaper of Jackson also were there.

Can anyone pull up data to see if media will or will not be allowed? I don't know how to do that and not getting anywhere yet on Twitter or comments I've seen on Facebook.

Security at the courthouse will be tight during the trial, as well as for the sequestered jurors. Between 70 and 80 witnesses are expected to be called:

http://www.localmemphis.com/news/video/tight-security-for-jury-in-upcoming-jessica-chambers-murder_20170920230121/815262884

For 2015, Panola County's per capita income was $30,321 compared to a MS average of $34,771 and a US average of $48,112. With the costs for transportation, room, and board for the sequestered jurors; all the extra security; and the investigation itself, let's hope Mr. Tellis doesn't bankrupt the county.

:judge: :bodyguard:

Regards,
Clouseau

Suddenly, I recall Auntie Sha Sha's interview from inside the M&M station. She tells the reporter that "They left the party and that's when it happened."

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Hi DeDee! I am looking back on my notes.There is a very early video with Charlotte that I remember. I will post after I find that particular interview.

On another topic this from an Interesting People Article:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Then, in February 2015, prosecutors charged Quinton Tellis who grew up in the same neighborhood and attended the same high school as Jessica, after zeroing in on his phone records.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]“We knew he was the last person she was with,” DA Champion said at the time.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]“This guy lived at the other end of the street from us,” Debbie tells PEOPLE. “Jessica knew him roughly for 12 days. A mutual friend introduced them.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]http://people.com/crime/jessica-chambers-murder-suspect-two-years-later/[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]From my notes:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I have numerous media references to Quinton's mother Rebecca Wright (Rebecca Williams Tellis Wright) and references to Quinton's sister Laqunta Tellis. But after reviewing my notes I can find no other information or references to where Quinton lived in Courtland or who he lived with. I realize that information in my posts must be from major media. This is very difficult because some links no longer work.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]As to the address Quinton lived at the end of her and Ben's street I can find no information and I have searched many articles and video's.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I have more notes to comb though.As I find time I will post to the forum.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Some friends on Websleuths are aware of my husband's 2015 diagnosis of brain cancer. We continue a bi-weekly chemo infusion schedule.I appreciate the Websleuths community so much it is an important coping mechanism for my health & sense of well being.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
We have waited a long time to see justice for Jessica!

:cow:[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

-------SNIP SNIP -------

But after reviewing my notes I can find no other information or references to where Quinton lived in Courtland or who he lived with. I realize that information in my posts must be from major media. This is very difficult because some links no longer work.

-------SNIP SNIP -------

MizStery,

Good to hear from you again. This may help jog your memory:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?301439-MS-Jessica-Chambers-19-Panola-County-6-Dec-2014-Quinton-Tellis-Indicted-13&p=12637185#post12637185

Best,
Clouseau

From what I recall he lived not too far from the burn site but this didn't come out until after he was arrested. I will have to go back and find where this was posted.
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Hi DeDee! I am looking back on my notes.There is a very early video with Charlotte that I remember. I will post after I find that particular interview.

On another topic this from an Interesting People Article:[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Then, in February 2015, prosecutors charged Quinton Tellis who grew up in the same neighborhood and attended the same high school as Jessica, after zeroing in on his phone records.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]“We knew he was the last person she was with,” DA Champion said at the time.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]“This guy lived at the other end of the street from us,” Debbie tells PEOPLE. “Jessica knew him roughly for 12 days. A mutual friend introduced them.”[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]http://people.com/crime/jessica-chambers-murder-suspect-two-years-later/[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]From my notes:[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I have numerous media references to Quinton's mother Rebecca Wright (Rebecca Williams Tellis Wright) and references to Quinton's sister Laqunta Tellis. But after reviewing my notes I can find no other information or references to where Quinton lived in Courtland or who he lived with. I realize that information in my posts must be from major media. This is very difficult because some links no longer work.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]As to the address Quinton lived at the end of her and Ben's street I can find no information and I have searched many articles and video's.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I have more notes to comb though.As I find time I will post to the forum.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Some friends on Websleuths are aware of my husband's 2015 diagnosis of brain cancer. We continue a bi-weekly chemo infusion schedule.I appreciate the Websleuths community so much it is an important coping mechanism for my health & sense of well being.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
We have waited a long time to see justice for Jessica!

:cow:[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

MizStery,

Good to hear from you again. This may help jog your memory:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...on-Tellis-Indicted-13&p=12637185#post12637185

Best,
Clouseau

Yikes,I have some caching up to do! Thanks Inspector.

Almost forgot to mention Inspector,I did find this address from 2006:
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]October 7[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText-Bold]V. Quinton Tellis[/FONT][FONT=.SFUIText], 6183 Highway 6 West, Batesville, was arrested and charged with no driver’s license, expired tag and felony fleeing. The case will be heard in Justice Court.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]https://www.panolian.com/2006/10/10/reports-10102006/[/FONT][/FONT]

MizStery--prayers for your husband's comfort and full recovery, and strength for you as his caregiver.

Suddenly, I recall Auntie Sha Sha's interview from inside the M&M station. She tells the reporter that "They left the party and that's when it happened."

The evil that culminated in the demonic burning of Jessica centered in the sanctuary of the M&M.Think about it. As we unwind the clues from the CS every sad twist and turn takes us back back to the M&M. It's like we are the Greek Chorus watching Ali the narrator foretell events leading up to Jessica's tragic death,

My skin crawls when I read Ali's gleeful quote in the WECT story it's like," I know something & you will never figure out":
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Amid rumors, Ali Alsanai says he doesn't know whether someone choked Jessica Chambers outside of his store. He says he just found out about the allegations and it is not in his surveillance recording system.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]"I heard from random customers walking in and out that she got choked a week before she died. It was early in the morning.....I didn't know about it because I wasn't here," said Alsanai.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]http://www.wect.com/story/27666815/jessica-chambers-homicide-investigation-continues[/FONT][/FONT]

We never learn exactly what happened to Jessica at the M&M that morning.I wish she had a champion to help get her out of that cesspool.

PS Love ❤️ & thanks to Sally818.
:cow:

From what I recall he lived not too far from the burn site but this didn't come out until after he was arrested. I will have to go back and find where this was posted.

Ok, after going back I see that some were thinking he lived close to the M&M-not the burn scene. I knew it was close to something :facepalm:

Ok, after going back I see that some were thinking he lived close to the M&M-not the burn scene. I knew it was close to something :facepalm:

Ozarka,

According to MapMyRun.com, the distances from the murder scene on Herron Rd to the trailer on Carlisle behind the M&M:

By road -- 1.50 miles -- Herron to Main Street to US-51 to Carlisle
Direct -- 1.26 miles -- cutting across woods, railroad tracks, backyards, etc.

The first route would have been a good way to be spotted by emergency responders unless traveling inside a vehicle. The second route, on foot at night, would have been a good way to either gotten shot or bitten by somebody's dog.

Regards,
Clouseau

Hey!
Just finished catching up on this case, as Harmony mentioned that it will go to trial Oct. 10th.

marking my spot...

The evil that culminated in the demonic burning of Jessica centered in the sanctuary of the M&M.Think about it. As we unwind the clues from the CS every sad twist and turn takes us back back to the M&M. It's like we are the Greek Chorus watching Ali the narrator foretell events leading up to Jessica's tragic death,

My skin crawls when I read Ali's gleeful quote in the WECT story it's like," I know something & you will never figure out":
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Amid rumors, Ali Alsanai says he doesn't know whether someone choked Jessica Chambers outside of his store. He says he just found out about the allegations and it is not in his surveillance recording system.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]"I heard from random customers walking in and out that she got choked a week before she died. It was early in the morning.....I didn't know about it because I wasn't here," said Alsanai.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]http://www.wect.com/story/27666815/jessica-chambers-homicide-investigation-continues[/FONT][/FONT]

We never learn exactly what happened to Jessica at the M&M that morning.I wish she had a champion to help get her out of that cesspool.

PS Love ❤️ & thanks to Sally818.
:cow:

:heart: MizStery, Prayers have been sent for you and your husband. You are a wonderful wife to remain by his side to tenderly care for him.

QT was in jail until mid October so he couldn't have been seeing JC for very long. JC puts more gas than usual into her gas tank at M&Ms. We see all of the chaos at M&Ms that evening via cctv. Then, she goes to a local residence for a few minutes. Now, we know that must have been QTs home. Their phones were together in Batesville when LE told us she was there for a few minutes. In fact, it seems, to me, they simply made a round trip to Batesville and back.

I assume they drove to the CS where JC speaks to her mother until 7:12. There is some confusion on my part about if they left there and returned to the soon to be crime scene. I believe Champion mentioned this so if someone can clarify, I'd be appreciative.

QTs sister, Laqunta, gives an interview while standing inside M&M but it's been awhile so I don't have the MSM link handy but here's a SS from the local Memphis station.

Laqunta Tellis Quintons girlfriend JChambers case.jpg

http://www.commercialappeal.com/sto...f-jessica-chambers-killing-suspect/688753001/

District Attorney John Champion, who will prosecute the case, discussed logistics for the high-profile trial Thursday. He said jury selection will begin Oct. 9 in Magnolia, a Pike County town of about 2,000 along the Louisiana border.

Pike County, including McComb, MS, which is where their draw pool for jurors will come from, is an area very similar to Courtland/Batesville as far as income stats, population makeup, etc. It was said that hosting the jurors will cost Panola county appx $180,000. Naturally, that doesn't include all of the expenses.

Champion expects to select the jury on the 9th and the jurors will hop on a bus to go to Panola County for the duration of the trail that begins the next morning on the 10th.

I am so pleased to see many familiar names returning to the thread for Jessica. Justice is but a month away!

Ali Allisani JChambers case.jpg

While watching the Holly Bobo live stream on Lawnewz, one of the mods said they had put in a request to stream it. I don't know if they have received an answer yet, though.
Can anyone pull up data to see if media will or will not be allowed? I don't know how to do that and not getting anywhere yet on Twitter or comments I've seen on Facebook.

Hey!
Just finished catching up on this case, as Harmony mentioned that it will go to trial Oct. 10th.

marking my spot...
:wave:

Me too, Niner--I'm grabbing a chair! Thank you to Harmony2 for informing us of the trial date!

Started off reading from thread 1, but knew there's no way I'd catch up before the trial started so skipped to this thread and read till the early hours this morning--I'm hooked!

:rose: Justice For Jessica :rose:

Last December, 2016, I was Christmas shopping over a hundred + miles from Batesville. When I got out of my car, I noticed a bank card in the parking lot. I reached down to pick it up. Astonishingly, it belonged to Sheriff Darby's daughter. What are the odds?

I got back into my car and called the 800# printed on the back of the card. It was her bank debit card. I held on the line while the Service Rep attempted to contact the card holder. It was not a success. I apologized to the SR for the customer's inconvenience and told her, for security reasons, that I was going to put the card through my personal shredder. She agreed that was a proper action to take. I snapped a photo of it before destroying it. Life has an uncanny way of twisting things so events can be made right when they could have been so wrong had a dishonest person discovered the card and attempted to use it.

10 Days for Justice to begin.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...ssica+Chambers+Murder+Trial&ud=2&font=cursive

Last December, 2016, I was Christmas shopping over a hundred + miles from Batesville. When I got out of my car, I noticed a bank card in the parking lot. I reached down to pick it up. Astonishingly, it belonged to Sheriff Darby's daughter. What are the odds?

I got back into my car and called the 800# printed on the back of the card. It was her bank debit card. I held on the line while the Service Rep attempted to contact the card holder. It was not a success. I apologized to the SR for the customer's inconvenience and told her, for security reasons, that I was going to put the card through my personal shredder. She agreed that was a proper action to take. I snapped a photo of it before destroying it. Life has an uncanny way of twisting things so events can be made right when they could have been so wrong had a dishonest person discovered the card and attempted to use it.

10 Days for Justice to begin.

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...ssica+Chambers+Murder+Trial&ud=2&font=cursive

I would have tried speaking to the sheriff to return it.

I wish we had eye for an eye for cases like this.

I would have tried speaking to the sheriff to return it.

I wish we had eye for an eye for cases like this.

Why would I wish to contact the Sheriff? It was not his debit card. I was over a 100 + miles away from Panola Co.

Before I could have gotten the card delivered via certified mail, she could have a new card issued, jmho.

I understand an eye for an eye justice. But, do we really want to see QT placed in a metal cage in the public square and watch him burn as we have seen happen to victims in the ME? Barbaric, imho

9 Days until Justice for Jessica begins. Praying for livestream coverage, too.

Let's hope Jessica's murder trial next week receives the media attention it deserves. Expecting at least the following to be there, based on past involvement:

People Magazine:
People.jpg

Therese Apel, reporter for the Clarion-Ledger (Jackson, MS):
Apel.jpg

John Howell Sr., publisher of the Panolian (Batesville, MS):
Howell.jpg

Best,
Inspector Clouseau

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics