MISTRIAL MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #5 - *2nd Mistrial*

Don't remember if this was posted before, so just in case:

QUINTON TELLIS RETRIAL - CLOSING ARGUMENTS

Sep 30, 2018

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry - that is Meing-Chen's American nickname - Mandy - & it's been posted before - but here's her thread:
LA - Meing-Chen Hsiao, 34, murdered in her Monroe home, 9 Aug 2015
No need to apologise, Niner. My fault!! My memory is failing me badly these days. I did indeed read an article yesterday where it mentioned she was known as "Mandy" to friends, something along those lines, it slipped my mind when you mentioned her in your post. I'll be following that trial for sure! :D

I haven't been following this trial or the other potential one very closely, but the Eric in the other case outlined here, did they give an indication as to how he was involved or where he was or did he even get mentioned during this case?

It almost sounds like these two were in cahoots for a while?

Quinton Tellis indictment in Meing-Chen Hsiao stabbing death

Thanks for sharing, I can't imagine him not being convicted for this murder, but stranger things have happened.

Third time won't get the possibility of being a charm; amazing on this weak of a charge that they retried him once at all. Is he guilty? Maybe. But beyond a reasonable doubt with the sort of death declaration ("Eric") that was Chambers's last statement? I think Tellis is a bad bit of business but the government threw away good money chasing a baddie second time around. Jessica's justice will have to come in the next world.

Did anyone establish where Eric H was on the night Jessica was killed?

I asked that question last week. I've not seen anything about that. All they say is that they cleared all the Eric's that they knew of.

I am heartsick over this case. They didn't make the most of that pathologist. She should have done a speech exercise to show what Tellis would sound like if she couldn't use her tongue and lips and they should have emphasized that first responder who asked her What Eric's last name was and she responded "no" ..... that she was telling them that she was not saying "Eric" at all. She was telling them they had it wrong. I don't know who was more clueless, the first jury or the Prosecutors. Those are my emotional feelings. Intelligence tells me that the prosecutors can't be second guessed like that, being in the midst of trial is tough; but it seems to me the use of the pathologist could have been more well-thought out ahead of time. The recreation was a great move as well as even thinking of using the pathologist at all. I just wish they had done the exercise. (Silent T- EH-Silent L-IH-Silent S).

Okay. I am done with this.

Peace and prayers to Jessica and her family.

Damnation to this evil monster.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not the one that posted that he is incarcerated but here is a link that says he received a 10 year sentence related to using Meing-Chen Hsiao's debit card.

DA weighs Monroe murder charges against man as Mississippi jury deadlocks

"In advance of a scheduled trial in 2016, Tellis entered a guilty plea to using Hsiao's debit card after her death. He received a 10-year sentence as a habitual offender."

6 Facts To Know About Quinton Tellis, Who Will Be Retried For Jessica Chambers' Murder

So both articles say he received a jail sentence. I am not sure where he is incarcerated.

My questions( which excuse me if this has already been covered, i tried to go back and read through most of the posts.) There is a suspect that has a name that rhymes with Erick, matter of fact there is just one letter in front of it (J). The investigators said they have interviewed multiple people with the name eric and derrick, but this guy doesnt have either of those names and he fits into the mold in my opinion. He also went crazy deleting posts on fb after her death and also blamed jessica's father, as outlined in this post below

Many young blacks in Panola County claiming father killed Jessica Chambers

Have the investigators even looked into this guy?? Also friends with jessica's ex
outlined here:
Sedrick Wright

I just started following this, so I am very far behind. According to that website this could have been a revenge killing. If these people are all GD's, then that's how Tellis could be involved without actually being named by Jessica. There could have been many people there. Interesting. Looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on.

Did anyone establish where Eric H was on the night Jessica was killed?

I can’t find the link to save my life despite just looking up not too long ago but I did find a quote from a detective who said that Eric wasn’t even in Mississippi when Jessica was murdered. Not sure of it was a detective from Mississippi or the Louisiana case.

Last edited by a moderator:
AFTER JESSICA CHAMBERS RETRIAL, QUINTON TELLIS HEADED TO LOUISIANA, WHERE HE IS A SUSPECT IN ANOTHER MURDER

OCTOBER 5, 2018

"....Tellis has not been charged with first-degree murder in the 2015 death of Ming-Chen Hsiao, who was killed in Louisiana, but he is a suspect in her death, Oxygen legal analyst Beth Karas said. A police official from the Monroe Police Department in Louisiana told Oxygen.com that there is an active warrant out for his arrest for the first-degree murder of Hsiao.

"The warrant hasn't been executed — meaning Tellis hasn't been arrested and charged," Karas told Oxygen.com.

The next step would be for the district attorney to take evidence to the grand jury to get an indictment.

Assistant District Attorney Geary Aycock told The News-Star of Monroe that a decision hasn't been made on trying Quinton Tellis there...."

After Jessica Chambers Retrial, Quinton Tellis Headed To Louisiana, Where He Is A Suspect In Another Murder
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did anyone watch this last night?
The cell phone mapping being "off" by a 1/2 mile and texts by QT?
They discussed his cell phone being active from "notifications" from apps (like Twitter and Facebook)
IIRC it was said Tellis phone was silent for an hour after 7:30, but he did get a few notifications and responded to 2 during this time.
It was "activity" not actual texts.
I thought it was interesting.
It's towards the end of this episode.
MOO
Tapes and Towers: The Prosecution's Theory

WHO IS QUINTON TELLIS’ WIFE? WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT CHAKITA JACKSON, HIS ALIBI IN THE JESSICA CHAMBERS CASE

OCTOBER 10, 2018

"Chakita Jackson, the woman who Quinton Tellis was allegedly trying to meet up with the night of Jessica Chambers’ murder, would go on to become his wife. So who is she?...

Chakita Jackson, a Louisiana woman Tellis would marry less than a year after the tragic death of Chambers, is part of Tellis’ alibi in the Chambers case — and is also part of Tellis’ story in Louisiana.

Tellis has not been charged with Hsiao’s murder, but is serving 10 years in connection with the case, for three counts of unauthorized use of a debit card, according to the Clarion-Ledger.

Jackson, one of five women Tellis had been texting with the day Chambers was set on fire, had been trying to get in touch with Tellis that fateful day. In the evening, Tellis sent a message to Chambers saying he was going to have a friend over, and then he called Jackson. Records presented in court show that he sent Jackson money later that night, and that she loaded the money onto her own card.

While it is unclear how Jackson’s and Tellis’ relationship progressed in the months after Chambers’ death in December 2014, Buzzfeed reporters found that about eight months later, Tellis didn’t show up to a meeting with his probation officer — around the time he moved to Louisiana to be with Jackson and her young son.

The date of their marriage — August 8, 2015 — was the day Hsiao’s body was found, CNN reports....

It is unclear if Jackson, who appears to have intermittent contact with the Tellis family as per public Facebook posts, is still married to Tellis, who has been moved to Louisiana to face charges related to the Hsiao murder according to the Louisiana Department Of Corrections Inmate Locater....

Now that Tellis is back in Louisiana, he is expected to be formally arrested for the murder of Meing-Chen Hsiao, Monroe Police Department confirmed with Oxygen.com.

Oxygen.com has not been able to make contact with Chakita Jackson."

Who Is Quinton Tellis’ Wife? What We Know About Chakita Jackson, His Alibi In The Jessica Chambers Case
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHO IS REGISTERED SEX OFFENDER DERRICK HOLMES, AND WHY DID THE POLICE RULE HIM OUT AS A SUSPECT IN THE JESSICA CHAMBERS CASE?

"...investigators did a comprehensive search for everyone named Eric or Derrick in Panola County and the surrounding areas. One of those men was Courtland resident Derrick Holmes, the person Tellis had mentioned to investigators just days after Jessica’s death. Tellis said he thought Holmes was stalking Chambers. Holmes, now 26, is a registered sex offender, after being convicted of exploitation of children in 2012....

It was at the first trial that a detailed explanation of how Derrick Holmes was eliminated was offered. Agent Douglas explained to jurors that Holmes’ alibi checked out, and he was indeed at home at the time of the crime.

"His mother had a medical issue, and I'm telling you… he was at the house rubbing his mother's feet at the time Jessica was burning in her vehicle," said Agent Douglas to defense attorney Alton Peterson during his cross examination.

In the first trial, Agent Douglas disclosed how he had questioned Derrick Holmes over the course of a few days. He said that he also interviewed Holmes’ mother, brothers and a few people who were standing in the yard.

“The cell phone data did not support that,” said John Champion, of any potential involvement of Derrick Holmes, in the docu-series “Unspeakable Crime: The Killing of Jessica Chambers” on Oxygen Saturdays at 7/6c."

Who Is Registered Sex Offender Derrick Holmes, And Why Did The Police Rule Him Out As A Suspect In the Jessica Chambers Case?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘NOT YOUR GUY’: AN EXPERT ANALYZES CELL PHONE DATA IN THE JESSICA CHAMBERS MURDER CASE

"...upon cross-examination, intelligence analyst Paul Rowlett, an expert witness for the prosecution, admitted that Tellis’ location data was “unusable.” Regarding Tellis’ cell phone tower pings, Rowlett said: “It just doesn’t give you a distance to the tower, only a direction.”

This would make it impossible to pinpoint Tellis’ exact location at the time of the murder based on his cell phone data.

“The prosecution implied that their phones were together,” said legal analyst Beth Karas. “But the evidence doesn’t track Quinton Tellis’ phone — it tracks Jessica’s phone.”

In “Unspeakable Crime,” we hear a completely different theory of the cell phone data from Ben Levitan, an electrical engineer whose decades of experience in telecommunications has landed him as an expert witness in previous trials....

“I looked at the same data that Paul Rowlett looked at. I did my analysis and we came out with drastically different results,” said Levitan, referring to how Rowlett “shifted” Jessica Chambers’ location data....

“The cell tower that she's connected to when she makes the call to her mother does not cover Tellis’ house, does not cover that area whatsoever,” said Levitan, who continued to say that the phone call connected to a tower three to four miles south of Tellis’ home — indicating that she may have not been there at all.

Furthermore, in the “hour of silence” the prosecution was putting forward as the hour where Chambers was suffocated and moved to the crime scene, Levitan points to three text messages Tellis sent during that period, which he says was through an internet service and not his phone’s text service.

When you respond to a social media notification on messenger apps, you’re not responding to a phone number, but a website — and Levitan says that state “kind of dismissed” these records.

“If law enforcement had come to me,” said Ben Levitan, “I would have said this is not your guy.”..."

‘Not Your Guy’: An Expert Analyzes Cell Phone Data In The Jessica Chambers Murder Case
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG...I'm watching the newest episode of “Unspeakable Crime: The Killing of Jessica Chambers” right now and one of the jurors thought that if the jurors couldn't agree on a verdict, it would be a automatic "not guilty"!!!!
confused-smiley-face.gif
I don't understand why some jurors can't understand the jury instructions?????

The episode will replay again @10:00 pm tonight; tomorrow @ 1:00 pm ; Monday @ 12 noon and 11 pm on TV Oxygen station- gotta watch it.

CHAOS IN THE COURTROOM

AIRED: Oct 13 7/6c

"The jurors hear closing arguments and as deliberations begin, the judge’s instructions appear to confuse the jury and create total chaos in the courtroom."

Chaos in the Courtroom
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
How can the fate of someone's life be entrusted to a jury that doesn't even understand the meaning of "unanimous" verdict - a jury so inept that the judge had to send them back several times?

Because of the above, I believe bench trials are more appropriate for someone charged with first degree murder.

We're still waiting for justice for Jessica and her family and I'm hoping the trial for his next victim will finally result in an appropriate sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back