MISTRIAL MS - Jessica Chambers, 19, Panola County, Dec 2014 #5 - *2nd Mistrial*

I heard this on the radio while I was driving, and I about crashed, and had to pull over. I cried. My heart is utterly broken for the Chambers family. I hope that in Louisiana, they will hang him to the ceiling. I would hope that the potential jury pool out there will at least know what he was charged with in Mississippi. I'm kind of shocked at the 50/50 split. I thought it was just one or two hold outs. I think IF, big IF, the state tries to take it to another trial, they need to do more to disprove the "eric" thing. I don't think they really tried hard enough, TBH. I just.. shocked.

If any members of the Chambers family read here, or friends of Jessica.. I'm so sorry. I prayed that this jury would bring the justice that Jess deserved. I know it's not much comfort now, but he will meet his maker one day and have to answer for what he did to your angel. I'm so.. so.. so sorry.

Ron Maxey‏ @rmaxey1 9m9 minutes ago
Here's my analysis of the trial, which ended in another hung jury. https://memne.ws/2DLdblv via @memphisnews

srBM7SFu

I'm going to refrain from giving an opinion as to what will happen in the Lousiana case, simply because I need to read up/look further into, that particular case etc. I want to put this trial today, behind me and following the one in Lousiana with a clear and unbiased view. Does that make sense?

If the case in Lousiana is stronger than this case, why did it not go ahead first, do you know?

Maybe because QT's sister's exBF (named Eric and whose name is tattooed on her hand) named another guy. He later recanted and admitted he was just trying to set him up, and it was actually QT who did it....which of course makes more sense since he's the one who ended up with her debit card and pin number.

What Happened To Meing-Chen 'Mandy' Hsiao? The Other Murder Linked To The Man Accused Of Killing Jessica Chambers

Why Laqunta Tellis' Tattoo Is Shocking Online Sleuths Of Jessica Chambers' Murder

My elementary school son just read me a fun fact about how it takes 70 muscles to speak one word... when you’ve had gasoline poured down your throat, how well can you speak “Tellis” and it not sound like “Eric”?

I heard this on the radio while I was driving, and I about crashed, and had to pull over. I cried. My heart is utterly broken for the Chambers family. I hope that in Louisiana, they will hang him to the ceiling. I would hope that the potential jury pool out there will at least know what he was charged with in Mississippi. I'm kind of shocked at the 50/50 split. I thought it was just one or two hold outs. I think IF, big IF, the state tries to take it to another trial, they need to do more to disprove the "eric" thing. I don't think they really tried hard enough, TBH. I just.. shocked.
Katerz! I worried about you as I knew you were about to finish work just before it was announced a mistrial. My thoughts were, *I do hope she's okay driving home.* Glad you made it home safely. :)

Defense says jury was split 6/6! That's not what I was expecting at all.

Bridget Chapman on Twitter

Defense attorney says jury was split 50/50, so six for guilty and six for not guilty. #JessicaChambers #QuintonTellis

Unbelievable, I guess some couldn't get past the "Eric" declaration but yet able to get past the fact he coincidentally had burns during that time period and the unbelievable story he gave to explain the burns.

I would have left the Eric stuff out altogether. Force the defense to bring it up, then get the responders to say how difficult it was to hear her, how unclear it was on cross examination. But make the defense do that work.

I get frustrated watching the presentations by the prosecution.

Maybe because QT's sister's exBF (named Eric and whose name is tattooed on her hand) named another guy. He later recanted and admitted he was just trying to set him up, and it was actually QT who did it....which of course makes more sense since he's the one who ended up with her debit card and pin number.

What Happened To Meing-Chen 'Mandy' Hsiao? The Other Murder Linked To The Man Accused Of Killing Jessica Chambers

Why Laqunta Tellis' Tattoo Is Shocking Online Sleuths Of Jessica Chambers' Murder
SO there is an ERIC involved in the case in Lousiana too? Eric and Tellis = Partners In Crime maybe!! I'll leave it at that! Thanks for the links!

I would have left the Eric stuff out altogether. Force the defense to bring it up, then get the responders to say how difficult it was to hear her, how unclear it was on cross examination. But make the defense do that work.

I get frustrated watching the presentations by the prosecution.

I think the worry would be that the state goes first, the defense second. I don't think the prosecution would want one of the last things the jury to hear be 9 witnesses all testifying that the victim's dying declaration was "Eric set me on fire."

I do think the prosecution should have quickly run through the witnesses and then put on experts about the power of persuasion and the instinct of first responders to help. I think if the first person who said he thought he heard her say "Eric" thought he heard her say "Mike" they all would have testified she said Mike. I think if at the scene someone explained to the first responders that what they write and say they heard will be used as a fact in a future trial many of them would have said she made sounds like "eh" and they could not be positive what she meant.

Katerz! I worried about you as I knew you were about to finish work just before it was announced a mistrial. My thoughts were, *I do hope she's okay driving home.* Glad you made it home safely. :)

Yes, I had to go pay my car payment and was on the way home when they broke in with the verdict. Thank you :) I'm just so sad for her family

I'm so sorry for Jessica's family right now. Just horrible.
I'm sure this has been discussed but we know her brother died in a wreck not long before she was killed.
If she was choked and set on fire and then came-to, she really could've been trying to say "wreck". Because she was in shock and that's what came to her traumatized mind. :(
They're covering the trial on local Memphis news right now.
Not much to add.
Just totally saddened to the core.
Jmo
Chi in Memphis

Another Mistrial Is Declared in the Jessica Chambers Murder Retrial

"...Tellis must also deal with an unrelated murder case in Louisiana. Prosecutors there claim he tortured 34-year-old Ming-Chen Hsiao for the PIN number to her debit card. His wife’s cousin Eric Hill told cops the defendant admitted it to him while they were exchanging “war stories,” according to the police affidavit.

Tellis pleaded guilty in 2016 to unauthorized use of Hsiao’s debit card.

The Ouachita Parish District Attorney’s Office held off on prosecuting Tellis for the murder case because his first trial in the Chambers case ended with a hung jury. Law&Crime reached out to them last week for comment on how they’ll proceed in the event of a guilty verdict, acquittal, or mistrial. A spokeswoman declined to comment...."

Another Mistrial Is Declared in the Jessica Chambers Murder Retrial

Mandy%201_1456877470138_7293473_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆