MS - Jessica Chambers,19, Panola County, Dec 2014**Media Thread***NO DISCUSSION**

Louisiana trial may shed light on Jessica Chambers murder
Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 10:33 pm EDT
Tuesday, April 19th 2016, 11:29 pm EDT

PANOLA CO, MS (WMC)

The murder of 19-year-old Jessica Chambers is getting even more national attention more than a year after her death.

Jessica’s mother Lisa Chambers said she is pleased that documentaries are planned about her daughter's life and horrible death. Chambers said she did an interview with CNN for a documentary that is expected to air in a few months

"I want everybody to hear Jessica's story and how quick it can be lost,” she said.

[...]

Jessica Chambers' murder the inspiration for a new book
by: Tom Dees Updated: Jun 30, 2016 - 6:10 PM

Jessica Chambers’ murder is the inspiration for a new novel, according to New York Times best-selling author and Oxford native, Ace Atkins.

In "The Innocents," the victim suffers a fiery death, much like Jessica did in real life. For the Chambers family, the novel is highly upsetting.

"What do I think? I am totally mad about it,” Jessica’s mother, Lisa Chambers, told FOX13. “He has no right. I mean you didn't even ask.”

Atkins told FOX13 the book is fiction, and nothing more. It is only inspired by the Chambers murder.

"After knowing what happened to Jessica and knowing about what the crime was…now the crime itself was the inspiration for the book. What happens afterwards is a fictionalized world," Atkins told FOX13.

[...]

Jessica Chambers suspect charged in Louisiana homicide
Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 6:04 a.m. CDT July 8, 2016

The man charged in the 2014 burning death of Jessica Chambers in Mississippi now faces an additional murder charge in Louisiana.

Panola County District Attorney John Champion said Quinton Tellis also has been charged in the August 2015 death of Meing-Chen Hsiao.

[...]

also

Indictment: Louisiana victim tortured to death
Therese Apel, The Clarion-Ledger 8:11 a.m. CDT July 8, 2016

Meing Chen-Hsiao of Taiwan was stabbed over 30 times in her Monroe, Louisiana apartment before she gave her debit card PIN number to her killer, a law enforcement officer said in court records.

Monroe Police Detective Duane Cookson's affidavit also stated that killer is one known to Mississippians as being the suspect in one of the most notorious homicides in recent years.

[...]

Quinton Tellis enters not guilty plea for the murder of Jessica Chambers
POSTED 5:50 AM, JULY 15, 2016, BY GEORGE BROWN, UPDATED AT 09:12AM, JULY 15, 2016

HERNANDO, Miss. — The man charged with killing Jessica Chambers entered a not guilty plea Friday morning.

Quinton Tellis faces capital murder charges for Chambers’ brutal murder two years ago.

Tellis is being held at the DeSoto County Jail in Hernando where he was taken last month after being extradited from Louisiana.

[…]

Trial date set in Jessica Chambers burning death case
Therese Apel , The Clarion-Ledger 5:31 p.m. CDT October 18, 2016

The man accused in the December 2014 burning death of Courtland teenager Jessica Chambers will stand trial June 19.

Quinton Tellis, 28, is charged with capital murder, accused of setting Chambers, 19, on fire on Herron Road in Courtland. She was found by first responders with burns over 98 percent of her body, officials said. She lived long enough to be airlifted to a hospital in Memphis, where she died early the next morning.

Tellis' attorney, Alton Peterson, said he's still waiting on parts of the discovery from the district attorney's office.

[...]

Trial For Man Charged With Killing Jessica Chambers Delayed w/video
By: Tish Clark
Posted: Feb 13, 2017 05:30 PM CST
Updated: Feb 13, 2017 10:39 PM CST

SARDIS, Miss. (localmemphis.com) - Justice for Jessica Chambers will take longer than expected. Her accused killer, Quinton Tellis, attended a status hearing Monday morning at the Panola County Courthouse in Sardis, Mississippi.

*Trial was set for June, moved to October, 9, 2017.

[…]

Trial For Man Charged With Killing Jessica Chambers Delayed w/video
By: Tish Clark
Posted: Feb 13, 2017 05:30 PM CST
Updated: Feb 13, 2017 10:39 PM CST

SARDIS, Miss. (localmemphis.com) - Justice for Jessica Chambers will take longer than expected. Her accused killer, Quinton Tellis, attended a status hearing Monday morning at the Panola County Courthouse in Sardis, Mississippi.

*Trial was set for June, moved to October, 9, 2017.

[…]

From your link

"You can't hurry up in a case like this,” says Sheriff Darby. “I am not a politician. I have a political position, but I'm not a politician. So, we do it in a manner in which is done right. Fair to every side. This is my county. It's personal to me that's the reason I considered the position of sheriff. We take care of the good, the bad, and the ugly here too. We don't show any partiality to anybody. It's gotta be fair. It's gotta be honest. It's gotta be reasonable."

Darby has said since the beginning; this case is personal to him. "It has been personal. Knowing a young lady as I did and seeing her around this county and not being here now under the circumstances, you know you've got to put forth every effort. It's getting long. It gets hard, but that's when the good policing comes out."

Another status hearing will be held June 19th in Batesville to discuss where the trial will be held, and how the jury will be chosen.

New Docu-Series Will Probe Burning Death of Jessica Chambers
Feb 14, 2017

Joe Berlinger will executive produce an investigation into a death that shocked the nation

Wilshire Studios and Buzzfeed News announced that they are developing a docu-series that will investigate the mysterious death of a Mississippi teenager. The case remains unsolved.

<snipped by me>

The docu-series is being produced by Oscar-nominated and Emmy and Peabody-winning documentarian Joe Berlinger (Brother’s Keeper, Paradise Lost Trilogy), who spoke at length with Den of Geek about his corruption documentary, Whitey: United States of America vs. James J. Bulger.

[...]

CNN Special Report on Jessica Chambers to air this Saturday at 8pm ET/5pm PT.

Justice for Jessica? Suspect in Burning Death of Jessica Chambers Goes to Trial on Monday
BY CHRISTINE PELISEK
POSTED ON OCTOBER 6, 2017 AT 5:42PM EDT

It was a horrific site: A young woman, on fire, stumbled down a rural road. Police and paramedics tried to save her but failed.

The December 6, 2014 murder of former high school cheerleader Jessica Chambers, shocked the close-knit town of Courtland, Mississippi. Her case garnered national attention, drew online sleuths to a “Justice for Jessica” Facebook page, spawned a large reward for information leading to an arrest and a large-scale manhunt for her killer.

Now, almost three years later, the trial of Quinton Tellis, who grew up in the same neighborhood and attended the same high school as Jessica, is expected to begin in Panola County circuit court in Batesville on Monday.

[...]

Jessica Chambers murder suspect, Quinton Tellis, charged with Louisiana woman's murder
Ashley Mott, Monroe News Star Published 11:14 a.m. CT Feb. 21, 2019 | Updated 11:29 a.m. CT Feb. 21, 2019

Quinton V. Tellis, 30, was booked into Ouachita Correctional Center Tuesday on one count of first-degree murder.

Tellis is facing the 2016 charge after completing a sentence for one count of unauthorized use of a debit card belonging to a Monroe, Louisiana, woman stabbed to death in Aug. 2015.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back