MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freelance reporter for LawNewz Dan Abrams. Well it will be in the msm soon. :shame:

Melissa Jones‏ @MelissaLaneJone 10m10 minutes ago
Replying to @*advertiser censored*
Yup. I've been run out of Dodge. FOREVER

Melissa Jones‏ @MelissaLaneJone 3m3 minutes ago
Replying to @xxxx
I did not know that a judge is not supposed to.do this and I posted the picture because I thought it was nice of him

mod note: You may discuss information in the mainstream media but I strongly suggest steering away from the topic of race in the discussion. :tyou:

In MS we are surrounded by cotton fields, no different than the Midwest being surrounded by corn fields. Maybe the judge has a field being harvested, no different than being in Iowa and someone offering you fresh corn. People take so many things the wrong way. JMO

Yup, plus cotton growing looks really interesting, weird, cool depending upon the person observing it.

not that long ago, I was riding with a group of friends down a road with cotton fields which we'd never seen before. We had to pull over, go into the field and check it out.

Where did "Eric" come from to get to Heron Rd?

There was no "Eric" or "Derrick" contacted by QT. Remember, QT's cell phone records were obtained and gone through with a fine tooth comb. The only people contacting QT were the women he was juggling. His phone was off at the time. He claims he called his girlfriend in Louisiana when he was walking to his sister's to borrow her SUV. There was no call to anyone named "Eric" or "Derrick."

So let's work backwards logically:

- QT contacted no one about this crime and he lived on his phone.

- There was no call on QT's or JC's phones to anyone with the name of "Eric" or "Derrick," and no calls to anyone at all in the hour+ before JC was driven to Heron Rd.

- QT himself didn't know at 7pm he was going to murder JC and burn her up. How do we know this? Because he was improvising as he went. He had to borrow his sister's SUV, go get the gas from the shed, drive back to Heron Rd, and light JC's car on fire.

- QT hatched that plan spur of the moment, when he drove back from Heron Rd to get the gas from the shed around 7:50pm.

- Do you think some random dude named "Eric" just so happened to show up at JC's car, someone she knew or he announced his name and then light the car on fire?

- How did this "Eric" or "Derrick" learn about JC's car being at that spot where she was burned? (there was no call to/from QT to anyone during this period of time).

Bolded and blued by me.

We do not know this for certain. LE knows, but they didn't tell us whether or not there was a call or text to an Eric or Derrick on his phone, if I recall correctly. If someone has to a link to refute this, please let me know.

Furthermore, we do not know who he called or texted at all during Jessica's naptime because they chose to remove/omit that information from the PowerPoint presentation/timeline.

IMO

It was a friendly gesture, a souvenier of the delta, but Judges should NEVER give anyone involved in a trial a gift...it's just bad optics. Jones wasn't the only one run out of town......DeDee didn't you say you got chased out by someone in an SUV? Thompsons reaction just made a mountain out of a molehill. That is a scary place. JMO

<modsnip>

Mimi, one day my sweet GD came to visit. She brought a cotton boll to me as a "gift" she obtained during a field trip. She was excited to tell me that the cotton boll had seeds in it. Once,I took my GDs on a steamboat cruise out of NOLA. We past the Domino Sugar factory. They were astonished to learn that sugar didn't simply appear on the grocer's shelf, but it had to first be processed in a factory.

We only have the side of the story from the media, that did not receive the Judge's gesture, as the reporter saw the stalks of cotton bolls inside the media tent.

It is insulting to surmise this Judge was "flirting". Rather, the subject may have been discussed, maybe the reporter drove past a cotton field and she expressed the beauty in the Land of Cotton. Hence, the Judge offered to bring her a "souvenir" that has now been called a "gift".

My own opinion

Interesting conversion about the Judge giving the reporters a stalk of cotton to a white reporter ... uh oh

EXCLUSIVE: In Racially Charged Case, Our Producer Booted After Catching Judge Gift Cotton Stalk to White Reporter
by Ronn Blitzer | 12:12 pm, October 16th, 2017
A bizarre incident took place during the murder trial of Quinton Tellis, charged with burning and killing teenager Jessica Chambers in 2014. It involves a white judge, a potentially racially charged gift to a reporter, and now our producer being expelled from the county after inquiring about the unusual gift.

https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/liv...ng-judge-gift-cotton-stalk-to-white-reporter/
Last edited by Harmony2; Today at 11:08 AM.Reason: snipped to comply with 10% copyright rule

:facepalm: Sorry Harmony2 wasn't thinking. Shocked when read it. Hate this happened all around (judge/reporter situation). I knew better to post all and just wasn't thinking. :loveyou:

Interesting conversion about the Judge giving the reporters a stalk of cotton to a white reporter ... uh oh

EXCLUSIVE: In Racially Charged Case, Our Producer Booted After Catching Judge Gift Cotton Stalk to White Reporter
by Ronn Blitzer | 12:12 pm, October 16th, 2017
A bizarre incident took place during the murder trial of Quinton Tellis, charged with burning and killing teenager Jessica Chambers in 2014. It involves a white judge, a potentially racially charged gift to a reporter, and now our producer being expelled from the county after inquiring about the unusual gift.

https://lawnewz.com/live-trials/liv...ng-judge-gift-cotton-stalk-to-white-reporter/

What is this all about? All I can say is that I’ve known Gerald Chatham for 50 years and he is the consummate professional. I can assure each one of you he meant nothing one way or the other by giving a reporter a stalk of cotton. Period.

The Judge asked her to leave the county, then gave her a souvenir of said county to take with her. Pretty straight forward in my humble opinion

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?301439-MS-Jessica-Chambers-19-Panola-County-6-Dec-2014-Quinton-Tellis-Indicted-13&p=13565375#post13565375
DeDee,

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest they will try for one or two of the following strategies:

(1) Cell phone calls and tower pings do not a murderer make. Without an eyewitness to the crime, how can one be sure Quentin Tellis was even there? Someone might have borrowed his phone. Thanks to the fire, it is doubtful whether any fiber or DNA evidence was recoverable. Unless the autopsy revealed something that is not public information, might be difficult to prove he saw Jessica that night.

(2) Based on the arraignment, not only is the defendant black, but his defense team is, too. The victim was white, as are the Sheriff and the DA. This is Mississippi. I think it is obvious at some point a certain card will be played.

(3) There is the matter of the chief investigator on the case being arrested for DUI at one point. Might this impune any testimony he has to offer? Also, the victim's father works for the Panola County Sheriff's Department. Can impartiality be expected, or was there a rush to judgment?

(4) The DOJ issued a policy for use of Stinger cell phone interception technology -after- the murder. If it was being used as part of illegal drug or gang activity investigations at the time, and in a manner contrary to that later policy, and the 4th Amendment, would any evidence thus obtained have to be excluded?

(5) The investigation thought it had a suspect several times, only to determine it was on a false trail. Who were those other suspects, and what exculpatory evidence might their involvement provide?

Regards,
Inspector Clouseau

My earlier predictions (8/15/2017) about how the defense might proceed included the likelihood of their playing the race card. That absolutely did not happen. Both public defenders from Jackson were black, as was the defendent. Was that by chance, or just the way things happened to turn out and their being the next two on the rotation list for case assignments?

Did that have any bearing on this case, one side being all black and the other team being all white? From the courtroom livestreaming videos, it almost seemed like a similar division in the onlookers. One can only surmise, but race itself never emerged overtly as an issue during the trial, either in witness testimony or during the opening and closing statements from either side.

That was a good thing, IMO, if it can be said anything good can come from such a horrible crime.

My Opinion Only,
Inspector Clouseau

The Judge asked her to leave the county, then gave her a souvenir of said county to take with her. Pretty straight forward in my humble opinion

Not what happened. According to the article.

Sounds like the judge was flirting with the reporter, bringing her a stalk of a plant that is known and local to the area.

No ma’am. I don’t think it was for a second “flirting”. Cotton is a mainstay in that part of the state. Is it possible the reporter showed some interest in a local commodity? Very possible and IMO, probable. My hunch is that he was simply being the nice guy he is and didn’t think twice about giving it to her.

I think it was a lovely gesture and I don't classify it as a gift. He didn't purchase it. Shame it had to become public when IMO it was a kind gesture from a very kind man.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?301439-MS-Jessica-Chambers-19-Panola-County-6-Dec-2014-Quinton-Tellis-Indicted-13&p=13565375#post13565375

My earlier predictions (8/15/2017) about how the defense might proceed included the likelihood of their playing the race card. That absolutely did not happen. Both public defenders from Jackson were black, as was the defendent. Was that by chance, or just the way things happened to turn out and their being the next two on the rotation list for case assignments?

Did that have any bearing on this case, one side being all black and the other team being all white? From the courtroom livestreaming videos, it almost seemed like a similar division in the onlookers. One can only surmise, but race itself never emerged overtly as an issue during the trial, either in witness testimony or during the opening and closing statements from either side.

That was a good thing, IMO, if it can be said anything good can come from such a horrible crime.

My Opinion Only,
Inspector Clouseau

I was so thankful that it didn't present itself (race). That why I am disappointed in the whole situation about cotton plant. It gives chance to rope someone in. :gaah:

Mimi, one day my sweet GD came to visit. She brought a cotton boll to me as a "gift" she obtained during a field trip. She was excited to tell me that the cotton boll had seeds in it. Once,I took my GDs on a steamboat cruise out of NOLA. We past the Domino Sugar factory. They were astonished to learn that sugar didn't simply appear on the grocer's shelf, but it had to first be processed in a factory.

We only have the side of the story from the media, that did not receive the Judge's gesture, as the reporter saw the stalks of cotton bolls inside the media tent.

It is insulting to surmise this Judge was "flirting". Rather, the subject may have been discussed, maybe the reporter drove past a cotton field and she expressed the beauty in the Land of Cotton. Hence, the Judge offered to bring her a "souvenir" that has now been called a "gift".

My own opinion

It wouldn't be any different than someone in Vermont giving a curious visitor a bottle of locally produced Maple Syrup, IMO

What is this all about? All I can say is that I&#8217;ve known Gerald Chatham for 50 years and he is the consummate professional. I can assure each one of you he meant nothing one way or the other by giving a reporter a stalk of cotton. Period.

It was a friendly gesture, but it was improper for him to give anyone anything. I like the Judge, and trust that he wasn't making any sort of statement other than welcome to the delta. Too bad this happened. JMO

sunsetbeach,

There are no recordings, so when you say you can't disregard what SHE said, realize that you are actually saying you can't disregard what OTHERS say she said. I won't belabor the points already made about fatal wounds affecting speech, delirium from intense pain and cannabis, the fear of imminent death affecting thoughts, etc. But to consider this one inconsistency a "reasonable doubt" against Quentin Tellis committing these crimes, in light of a wealth of evidence and expert witness testimony to the contrary, I for one would definitely not be embarrassed to vote for a conviction as a juror. Some things are not always black and white, in fact I'm told attorneys will often exclude accountants and engineers from a jury because that is the lense they tend to see the world through. Using Rowlette's analogy of his job as an analyst to figure out from a pile of 50 puzzle pieces how to put together one puzzle without benefit of the picture on a puzzle box, the Eric/Derrick is one puzzle piece that does not fit the QT picture. Perhaps it doesn't belong?

All JMO.

Regards,
Clouseau
This is very true and on point. I am only relying on what the witnesses said on the stand.

Personally I think he's capable (based on his other murder charge) and also think it's probable he did it in this case. I'm not 100% convinced. I'm like 95% convinced.

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

It was a friendly gesture, a souvenier of the delta, but Judges should NEVER give anyone involved in a trial a gift...it's just bad optics. Jones wasn't the only one run out of town......DeDee didn't you say you got chased out by someone in an SUV? Thompsons reaction just made a mountain out of a molehill. That is a scary place. JMO
DeDee didn't you say you got chased out by someone in an SUV?

True. The black SUV with tinted windows flew past my vehicle as I was traveling on Carlisle toward Herron Rd. I actually turned around in BCs shop's parking lot. Before pulling out, I saw the SUV stopped at the top of the hill to my left.

It was not Law Enforcement. This SUV turned into M&Ms parking lot where three other guys who were already standing in the PL at M&Ms. They approached the SUV to speak to the driver.

After that encounter,. I determined at that point that it was a trial too dangerous to attend. I feel sorrow for the jurors, especially if a guilty verdict comes down. I totally understand why the one Juror posted on FB. He wanted off the case. Perhaps, he sensed danger.

The Clarion Ledger printed snapshots of QT as he is demonstrating the Vice Lords gang symbol. It shows his multiple tattoos. Both arms are covered with them. One large tattoo has the name "Becky" in honor of his mother Rebecca.

https://t.co/pusJf34IT5

JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members