MS - Jessica Chambers, Panola County, Dec 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have to say that I am finally feeling cautiously optimistic about the way things are heading. I definitely think the prosecution carried the day today, unlike the first few days. No more Mr. QT Niceguy in his studious looking eyeglasses and crisp oxford shirt sitting up straight and alert to sway jurors. Today it was in your face, large screen TV Quentin the real, slouching and digging himself ever deeper with the help of a team of skillful and relentless interrogators.

Suddenly the importance of the "Eric/Derrick" dying declaration inconsistency the defense has dwelled on seems minor, even explainable. Jessica's painful injuries had drastically modified her ability to speak, with shrinking collagin and damaged tissue in her nose, mouth, and throat making her words sound differently. Had she somehow sounded like she was saying Rumplestiltskin, those around her would have all heard the same unintended sounds from her broken communication system. The little cheerleader who knew how to belt it out, and gut it out, tried her best.
<>
Best,
Inspector Clouseau
RSBMFF

Your synopsis of today's turn of events is well presented, Inspector, as always. I shall add to your list that the jury heard QT today say "when I got out of jail" while he was incarcerated in prison in another state. Jurors should be able to conclude that QT has been in prison for crimes at least two times and currently being tried for a charge of capital murder in MS.

There was a small measure of pleasure in watching QT move his head in a slight No nod each time when DA Champion would ask the Judge and Jury for permission to show one more segment. Once, during those final segments, I noticed QT lean his head down so his right ear was close to his female attorney. She looked away without whispering a word of comfort or support.

The memory of CH from 2014, when he was happy, owned a nice property with acreage, had many friends and held a respected position in the community. The Fire Chief seen testifying in this trial is a shell of the strong, confident Cole Haley after experiencing a severely burned Jessica who reached out her hand to him. If guilty, QT suffocated Cole Haley's spirit that fateful evening in December.

Jessica wanted to pen a book regarding her bio and asked her new friend, Linda, not to forget her. Jessica's own story will remain untold but she shall not be forgotten. I shall never forget Cole Haley either and his deeply emotional testimony. After being dismissed from the witness stand, Cole's tender hug with Ben created a waterfall.

41188240001_3935179101001_trim-F544C42C-BF6D-4555-891D-242E860BE26E-vs.jpg

Photo credit: http://tennessean.com/story/news/nation/2014/12/10/woman-set-on-fire/20195725

In closing, I shall share something borrowed from a member when she replied to one of your posts years ago:
"You, sir, are a genius. A giant among us." ~ MizStery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member