MS MS - Jessica Stacks, 28, missing from boat on Tallahatchie River, 1 Jan 2021

I can’t believe there isn’t more movement/info on this case. Having said that I do understand without a body LE has much more work to do, etc., but they have 2 individuals who last saw Jessica (BF and Boat Guy - supposedly). Are they grilling them? Has the BF taken a lie detector test? They have to be leaning on the BF at least for more information, and maybe his son who picked him up, along with Boat Guy. It’s like they got the story from BF, searched as much as they could, found “her” boot prints, cut off boots, coat, etc. , and we’ve heard nothing more. Where do the boot prints lead? Or do they lead to drier ground and then can’t be seen any longer?

Sorry I’m rambling.

I came across an article from today about Jessica.
The title infers the family is offering a reward however when I clicked on link, the article would not come up for me. Someone else may have better luck!

https://www.wtva.com/templates/${article.url}
The missing poster on the Find Jessica Fb page shows a $3,000 reward but I didn’t see a link to that article.

I’m paraphrasing from my unreliable memory, but the original story was JS left her phone with “boat guy” so they could call him to come and get them when they were done with the boat. I’ve seen since that LE has her phone now. So did they get it from “boat guy” and what’s his story?
I have not been able to find anything saying that JS physically handed over her phone. All I can find is the BF saying that the phone was left with the man who was suppose to pick them up. In other words, I want to hear that the boat man said that she handed her phone to him. I don't think we will ever hear that. JMO

Unless boat guy is lying and bf gave him her phone. The whole giving her phone to anyone has never made sense. Boat guy surely had a phone of his own? MOO
I agree and also, you have to ask yourself why the boat guy did not call the BF when it was so late and dark and he still had not heard from the BF about picking them up. And, why didn't the BF call the boat man instead of his son. Big red flags IMO.

I have not been able to find anything saying that JS physically handed over her phone. All I can find is the BF saying that the phone was left with the man who was suppose to pick them up. In other words, I want to hear that the boat man said that she handed her phone to him. I don't think we will ever hear that. JMO
The missing poster on the Find Jessica Fb page shows a $3,000 reward but I didn’t see a link to that article.
they seem to have scrubbed that article as well as the link to the coverage on the news. I suspect it is due to the fact it is a private reward and they listed the sheriff's number

I think he did have a phone. I do not believe for one second the sorry story BF stated.
Well,,, for what it is worth, her mother states when she called Jessica the friend did indeed answer the phone.. not to say how he obtained it. BUT the Sheriff seems to be searching the river for some reason.. Most be other evidence we are not aware of that puts them BOTH on the river

Exactly! Where is LE’s clarification on the phone / boat guy issue? Why are they reporting nothing at all? Honestly I thought this was going to be an open and shut case from the second I read the bf’s story! Now it’s all crickets....

I’m totally pro LE, and I know sometimes their silence is so they can build their case behind the scenes, but this is just like ...nothing. So what does that mean I wonder? No further searches, etc. I’m so frustrated and sorrowful for Jessica’s loved ones. IMO, etc.

Well,,, for what it is worth, her mother states when she called Jessica the friend did indeed answer the phone.. not to say how he obtained it. BUT the Sheriff seems to be searching the river for some reason.. Most be other evidence we are not aware of that puts them BOTH on the river
Oh, I do believe that he was handed the phone but that is all I believe about the story. LE got the phone from him.

Not much new here but I've never seen a case with so many complaints about frivolous leads....mostly from FB.....none from WS :) Oh and the pictures of that river....I can't get that old 60's song out of my head "Love that Dirty Water" (Boston you're my home)... I think it was the Standell's or something. Anyways, I hope she's found to give her mother a little peace.

Jessica Stacks disappearance: a two-month follow up - | NEMiss.NEWS

Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said he was told that Willie Stinson, a Union County resident, helped Baggett and Stacks put the boat into the river.

Last edited:
Not much new here but I've never seen a case with so many complaints about frivolous leads....mostly from FB.....none from WS :) Oh and the pictures of that river....I can't get that old 60's song out of my head "Love that Dirty Water" (Boston you're my home)... I think it was the Standell's or something. Anyways, I hope she's found to give her mother a little peace.

Jessica Stacks disappearance: a two-month follow up - | NEMiss.NEWS

Union County Sheriff Jimmy Edwards said he was told that Willie Stinson, a Union County resident, helped Baggett and Stacks put the boat into the river.
Cool. We now presumably have a name for Boat Guy.

And, yes it was the Standells. And they were from California, not Boston. They'd probably never been to the Tallahatchie either.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back