MS MS - Lee Co, Male, UP113337, Skull found off HWY 145 in Saltillo, Apr 2018

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score
[h=1]Human skull discovered behind Saltillo business[/h]
SALTILLO – Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green has confirmed that a human skull was found off MS-145 in Saltillo on Saturday.

Saltillo Police Department is investigating the discovery, which was found behind Bishop's BBQ around 5:30 p.m.
http://www.djournal.com/news/crime-...cle_5816eae1-df49-56f2-92fb-b8a16d1cd284.html

[h=1]Saltillo Police Continue To Search For More Possible Human Remains[/h]
The discovery was made around 5:30 p.m. near a shopping plaza on Highway 1-45 on the southern end of town.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green says the human skull is the only thing located near the site.
The search continued on Sunday, near Bishop’s BBQ Grill off of Highway 1-45.
Green says it’s too early to make any comment on any type of identification.

Those details could surface after the skull is examined more in-depth.

https://www.wcbi.com/update-saltillo-police-continue-search-possible-human-remains/

Screenshots from this video:

http://www.wtva.com/content/video/479830053.html

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Per the speech to text translation on the site:
[FONT=&quot]chief grant bailey tells me they did not find anymore human remains... bailey says the head and eyes are in tact...but the nasal and mouth area are missing... authorities speculate the skull could have washed up from the creek lying behind the strip mall... or a stray dog could have dragged it to the area... bailey says at this time they are not ruling anything out... he adds there is not a missing person that he is aware of out of saltillo... the skull will have to be taken to the state's crime... the lee county sheriff's department has taken over this investigation.[/FONT]

Attachments

• 5842E58A-0ECE-41F7-843B-70ABF03CE0B5.jpg
    5842E58A-0ECE-41F7-843B-70ABF03CE0B5.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 177
  • 9935EED9-942C-4854-B039-2273F6E5BD57.jpg
    9935EED9-942C-4854-B039-2273F6E5BD57.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 175
  • B84E7C57-2D5B-4F84-8F80-7290138F80FF.jpg
    B84E7C57-2D5B-4F84-8F80-7290138F80FF.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 174
That skull looks old and it looks like there is some kind of a blunt force injury on the side of it.

There may not be any missing persons from Saltillo, but there are several from Lee County dating back to the 80's. Probably more likely that someone came off the highway and dumped itthough.

I've not found any updates or a NamUs profile for this skull. I'm going to make the assumption that it's still not been identified. Is it possible this skull belongs to Carl David Manuel? His G/F's two sons were named as suspects in his disappearance. Apparently there was an argument over some tools. As @KaylaraOwl pointed out in a prev comment, there appears to be damage to the skull. I'm by no means an expert but the indentation I see looks like it could have been caused by a blow to the head with an ax or similar large tool (moo). I've searched for arrest records on the 2 guys. The one I found info on looks as if he's been arrested quite a few times. I can't help but think that maybe they drove the 1.5 - 2 hours from Tate Co. to Lee Co. to dispose of Carl's remains. It'd be interesting to find out whether these fellas had any spontaneous trips to or frequent dealings in the Lee County, MS area around the time Carl disappeared or in 2018 when this skull was discovered. Did either live, work, or play in that area?

MS - MS - Carl Manuel, 78, Tate County, 5 Oct 2014
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Original

I messaged the coroner about this, since it wasn't on NaMus. She said it was sent to the medical examiner's office, and they said it was a fake.

This case is now on NamUs - #UP113337

ME/C Case Number ME18-0394
Biological Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found April 16, 2018
NamUs Case Created December 18, 2023

Location Found Map

Location Saltillo, Mississippi
County Lee County
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery Partial cranial remains found in/near parking lot of an area restaurant. No additional human remains were located.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Hair Color
Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown

This case is now on NamUs - #UP113337

ME/C Case Number ME18-0394
Biological Sex Male
Race/Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Type Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found April 16, 2018
NamUs Case Created December 18, 2023

Location Found Map

Location Saltillo, Mississippi
County Lee County
Found On Tribal Land No

Circumstances of Recovery Partial cranial remains found in/near parking lot of an area restaurant. No additional human remains were located.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Hair Color Unknown
Left Eye Color Unknown
Right Eye Color Unknown
But the medical examiner's office said it was a fake though?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back