MS MS - Leigh Occhi, 13, Tupelo, 27 Aug 1992

Since the first person listed there is now identified, it makes me wonder how often exclusions are updated/corrected?
I don’t think it’s too often as I see a few all the time that have been identified up to 2 years ago.

Yet another missing person case that seems like a domestic homicide that was covered up. The defensive behavior of the mother and her attempt to control the narrative is telling. Why is it that so many of these cases seem to have had a botched investigation/sloppy police work? Poor Leigh.

Yet another missing person case that seems like a domestic homicide that was covered up. The defensive behavior of the mother and her attempt to control the narrative is telling. Why is it that so many of these cases seem to have had a botched investigation/sloppy police work? Poor Leigh.
My theory is that Leigh and her mother got into a heated argument which went too far. There is evidence that suggests Leigh was being physically abused at home. Perhaps she was at the age where she was staring to fight back and it escalated too far?
I have wondered if it was Leigh who left the blood smears. She may have been the one who put the bloodied nightgown into the wash, so as not to further anger her mother. The mother drives to work, starts to worry about what she's done, and panics when there's no answer. For me, that sounds more plausible than the hurricane story. My only snag with this scenario is that I don't know if there was enough time between the mother returning home and calling the police for her to dispose of Leigh's body? It could be that the attack happened the night before and her alibi was all planned out that morning.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhoule
Back