Recovered/Located MS - Lydia Flowers, teen, mom’s body found inside home after Lydia leaves in car as passenger, Oktibbeha Co., 4 Dec 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Lydia Flowers
Teen daughter missing after her mother found dead inside Mississippi home

OKTIBBEHA, COUNTY, Miss. (WCBI) – Benny Perkins lives about a quarter-mile down the road from the home of Lou Anda Jones.

He figured something was off when he hadn’t seen Jones in a few days. So, he and his wife decided to give her a call on Sunday. There was no answer.

Monday morning around 9:30, his suspicions grew deeper.

“When I saw that car sitting down there in my driveway, it had a Clay County tag on it. And I think it was a Hyundai car, pretty late model. But I went to the mailbox and I was coming back and I saw a lady get in on the passenger side of that car. And they went north,” said Perkins.

He said the person he saw was Jones’ teenage daughter, Lydia Flowers, who is now missing.

Perkins also said Jones’ brother stopped by Tuesday morning to check on his sister after not being able to reach her. That’s when he found the body in the bedroom and called 911.

The Oktibbeha County Coroner, Micheal Hunt, identified the victim as Jones, who is 48 years old.

Now the focus has turned to finding the teenager. “But don’t nobody know where Liddy is,” said Perkins.

I jumped back and forth not knowing what forum to start a thread or even how to post a title. It was a crime for sure but the article stressed the importance of finding Lydia. I try to use the victims name in the title in the crime section, but I know the better sleuthers for a missing person are gonna hang out here so, where is Lydia? Who picked her up? LE is gonna be looking for neighbor’s videos. Who know? Is Lydia a victim or a suspect? Maybe a witness? One thing, Lydia has some explaining to do. To somebody…

*UPDATE: December 6, 2023, at noon – Oktibbeha County investigators told WCBI that missing 13-year-old Lydia Flowers has been found.

Last edited:
*article not updated :
Deputies responded to a residence on A.W. Williams Road near Pheba at about 7 a.m. and discovered a deceased Black female with a single gunshot to her back, a sheriff’s department press release said.

Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt identified the deceased woman as Lou Anla Jones, 48.

Watson said the body is being taken to the state crime lab for autopsy. He didn’t know on Wednesday how long Jones had been dead before she was found.

“It had certainly been longer than a little while,” he told The Dispatch

Last edited:
I jumped back and forth not knowing what forum to start a thread or even how to post a title. It was a crime for sure but the article stressed the importance of finding Lydia. I try to use the victims name in the title in the crime section, but I know the better sleuthers for a missing person are gonna hang out here so, where is Lydia? Who picked her up? LE is gonna be looking for neighbor’s videos. Who know? Is Lydia a victim or a suspect? Maybe a witness? One thing, Lydia has some explaining to do. To somebody…

*UPDATE: December 6, 2023, at noon – Oktibbeha County investigators told WCBI that missing 13-year-old Lydia Flowers has been found.
no mention her state, found safe? also no mention of where or who with. She pulled away from the area as a passenger the day before Lou's body was found. I want to know with who.

I suspect based on the comment that Lou had been dead "for longer than a little while" that we will see charges soon. But what remains to be seen is if they charge one or more individuals. JMO

Oktibbeha County investigators confirmed 13-year-old Lydia Flowers was found shortly before noon on December 6. They have not released any other information concerning how or where she was found.
Oktibbeha Co. investigators: Missing 13-year-old has been found

still no new info, just waiting for LE to give us an idea of what they think happened.

Last sentence in this articlé says that h daughter is in custody.

Ohhh my god! i didn’t read the fb so I’m a little in disbelief. What is the main element missing in families that end up in homicide? So much dysfunction going on. Wow.

*This video says the mom was shot in the back.

How awful and tragic. The girl is 13 years old!
The video above, the aunt says that Lydia wasn't always so difficult, only the last two years. What happened?

And according to the aunt Lydia was passing herself off to the guy as 20? with a fake name? And the guy was likely not 20 but much older, she believes.

Has he been arrested?

“I just think that whoever the guy is – of course, he is the picture, whoever he is, done put things in her head. Done put her against, had put her against her mom because that’s where she wanna be. You know the guy had called my sister’s phone Saturday and she explained to him. Her name is not this person she told you. She is not this age. She’s 13. She is not 20. And you know I think he lied about his age. He said he was 20 but I think he’s older than he is but I don’t know,” said Sheehy.

As for Lydia, she is now in custody awaiting questioning with the Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Department.
Maben murder: Victim's sister speaks out

“Lydia had told many people that she wanted my sister dead. That she would kill her. Ain’t no need in holding it back. I’m sorry, but this was the truth,” alleges Taquinci Sheehy, Lou Anda Jones’ sister.

“This girl, she done disrespected the school teacher, the bus driver,” Sheehy again alleges. “She done cussed, done tried to fight grown people... And I said, Louann, I said, you might need to let her go... Put her somewhere that she can get some help or whatever... cause she is draining you. She is killing you. I said she will be the death of you.”

Very sad. I wonder how long Lydia had been in contact with whoever this man she was talking to is? Could help explain the timeline of her becoming difficult within the past 2 years.

I always find it upsetting when young people do things like this because they’re around so many other people (especially in school - I’m assuming she was in school?, interacting with both kids and adults 5 days a week for several hours a day). Someone (probably multiple someones) was seeing her go downhill, start fighting and being disrespectful, hearing her say she wanted to kill her mother, etc and didn’t think it was enough of a concern to say something. Lydia didn’t just snap, there were warning signs that were ignored. I know hindsight is 20/20. It’s just frustrating.

I think there's possibly something like oppositional defiant disorder (ODD) in play. Mississippi ranks last in the nation for healthcare, so I imagine behavioral diagnosis and therapy is extremely limited for adolescents and teens.

Nathaniel Davis of West Point was charged with first-degree murder, conspiracy to commit murder, and accessory after the fact to attempted murder.

Two people are in custody in connection to the death, although only one name has been released at this time.

Jones’ sister, Taquinci Sheehy, believes Lydia Flowers is somehow involved.

Lydia is in the custody of the Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Department.

Investigators say the case is still under investigation and more arrests were expected.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BatataPoha
Back