Found Deceased MS - Makayla Winston, 21, Holmes County, 9 months pregnant, 27 June 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by justchrissy47, Jun 29, 2019.

1. #1Bamafan

#1Bamafan New Member

2. Jabarn

Jabarn Well-Known Member

Not sure about where he worked, and wonder about what he did for a living, but his mugshot is available at the below link. Before that, some thoughts on the article.

A special appointed judge was needed, according to the Holmes County District attorney, because the two justice court judges in Holmes County are acquainted with the suspect's mother, a judge in neighboring Attala County.

He does seem to suggest an alternative theory, but not sure it will really be helpful in his defense (why aren’t more wbs’ers taking a look at this case??) It’s off the charts bizarre, esp with this:

Sample has been described as the boyfriend of Winston but March said Sample has indicated they weren't in a relationship. March has said it's believed Sample had another romantic relationship with a woman in Attala County and she was being questioned. He declined to identify her.

Man accused of killing pregnant woman is the son of a Mississippi judge. He's denied bond.

ETA: https://nypost.com/2019/07/03/judge...pregnant-girlfriend-days-before-her-due-date/

3. btfly547

btfly547 Well-Known Member

Makayla's case is starting to become very similar to Heather Elvis. I would not be surprised at all if there's at least one other person involved.

Something else I thought of. I'm positive that the suspect's mom is not directly involved in Makayla's death at all. IMO, this case is harder due to the fact that his mom is a judge. I can't ever imagine having to prosecute a judge's son for murder, even if it is the next county over.

These are very small towns where everyone knows and is likely in some way connected to everyone else in town. Thankfully he was arrested quickly and I hope the prosecution has a very strong case against him.

Luckyzmom, StarEyes, Cagle and 9 others like this.
  4. #1Bamafan

#1Bamafan New Member

Lots of eyes watching how this plays out.

5. LadyL

LadyL Well-Known Member

[bbm]

not necessarily - preventing someone from leaving/running away can garner a kidnapping charge in most places MOO

misgrn likes this.
  6. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

"Sheriff March said Sample has denied any involvement with Winston."
    He's something else. What a, whatever.

Cagle, Barlow, Ksprincess2 and 5 others like this.
  7. btfly547

btfly547 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping they are doing DNA testing on the baby before burial. Him being the father after saying no involvement with her would definitely help secure a conviction.

8. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

Yet he turned himself in and had his lawyer present. So what exactly is he denying? Being with her to create a child together? Denying having a relationship with her?

This is really angering me.

Cagle, Barlow, MsPooh and 5 others like this.
  9. MsMarple

MsMarple Well-Known Member

Well then it's a heck of a coincidence that Makayla's body was found by a relative of Sample near his (the relative's) property.
    Man accused of killing pregnant woman is the son of a Mississippi judge. He's denied bond.

Memo to all men who don't want to be baby daddies - put a frikkin' condom on! SMDH.

10. MsPooh

MsPooh Well-Known Member

FunkyMonkey, StarEyes, Cagle and 9 others like this.
  11. NervousNellie

NervousNellie Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

12. Steelslady

TatianaBarbie, misgrn, MsPooh and 2 others like this.
  13. Ksprincess2

Ksprincess2 Well-Known Member

Ugh heartbreaking, can't imagine how spending life in prison or on death row would be better than paying child support.

14. Steelslady

Seriously- what is wrong with these guys? Don't they realize how foolish it is to do this, ruining not only their own lives, but many others over such a senseless act? Now a young lady and her baby is deceased, over money?

My heart just hurts for Makayla's family. Her Mom was so excited, awaiting the arrival of her grandchild. Now she lost both a daughter and a grandchild. I have no good words for that man.

15. meanmaryjean

meanmaryjean Verified RN (Pediatrics Specialty)

Any updates?

misgrn, FunkyMonkey and NervousNellie like this.
  16. MsPooh

MsPooh Well-Known Member

17. Ksprincess2

Ksprincess2 Well-Known Member