MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to twitter there is a boat on scene. Grid search has moved to the pond area.

https://twitter.com/wlbt/status/441323550088364033

Bh_ihWOCUAEXdjp.jpg

Ambulance.. I don't like this

They may have limited resources and all EMT personnel have reported.

Ambulance! and its backed in. Oh Geez.

The media here still isn't reporting anything new. I can't get 1 answer for any of my questions from any of the 3 major stations here. I've asked since Sunday when I found out what was happening here. I remember when Cindy Anthony was getting hundreds of people out helping search for Caylee. NADDA HERE!!!! I'm so confused and heartbroken with the lack of local media info here. Doesn't make sense that the public can't help in the search. SMH I just don't get it. Our local media outlets are WAPT, WLBT, WJTV & the newspaper The Clarion Ledger just in case you guys find something I'm not seeing. They use their FB accounts more than twitter.

The media here still isn't reporting anything new. I can't get 1 answer for any of my questions from any of the 3 major stations here. I've asked since Sunday when I found out what was happening here. I remember when Cindy Anthony was getting hundreds of people out helping search for Caylee. NADDA HERE!!!! I'm so confused and heartbroken with the lack of local media info here. Doesn't make sense that the public can't help in the search. SMH I just don't get it. Our local media outlets are WAPT, WLBT, WJTV & the newspaper The Clarion Ledger just in case you guys find something I'm not seeing. They use their FB accounts more than twitter.

I don't get it, either. If I wasn't pregnant, I would have driven 3 hours to help look for her. :(

I'm 20 minutes across town. I'd be there now if they'd let the public help but as of now only if you have some sort of a badge. The only concrete thing I can find is that her scent stops at the end of the driveway.. not good

They've been doing grid searches with LE and MDWF today. Also searching the pond.

The most updating I get is from twitter and msnewsnow.com. To be fair, I don't think there is much info to be had. LE is tight lipped about what, if anything, they have. Understandably so.

ETA: I think they used volunteers from the community Sunday and Monday for searches. It might be telling that today and yesterday seem to be officials only.

when you say Grid Searches, what exactly is that?

:( Not looking good is it? Poor baby girl. Poor family.

Sry forgot about msnewsnow. It's actually WLBT reporters here for the FOX channel

They just said the grid is where they law enforcement are marking off where they've searched already. She got the 1st minute of the news again. They've moved on now...:banghead:

when you say Grid Searches, what exactly is that?

I'm assuming they mean a carefully planned, methodical search on foot of every square inch of the area. They just had video of MDW&F officers walking the woods in a precise line, each a few feet apart. They had also had ATV's out earlier. They also had video of a boat on the pond with what "appeared to be divers" (quotes are WLBT's David Kenney's words, not mine) They were also seen walking the road searching the shoulders, I presume.

How big is this pond? How deep? Do we know?

I've been thinking about this poor baby & hugging my own 2yo an extra lot. How I wish I had any faith this little one will come home safely. I just hope she can come home at all, just so her family can have any sort of closure.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sry forgot about msnewsnow. It's actually WLBT reporters here for the FOX channel

Yes, one of the reporters' parents are my neighbors. I like checking that one. The FB pages get too bogged down with idiotic commenters.

Not sure how big or deep but it looked pretty large on the news a few minutes ago.

How big is this pond? How deep? Do we know?

I've been thinking about this poor baby & hugging my own 2yo an extra lot. How I wish I had any faith this little one will come home safely. I just hope she can come home at all, just so her family can have any sort of closure.

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not very good at these kind of estimations, but on the quick shot I saw on the news I would guess it was a few acres in size. There was looked to be a small island in the center covered by a stand of trees. At least five...but like I said, I'm not great at these kinds of estimations. :blushing:

They've been doing grid searches with LE and MDWF today. Also searching the pond.

The most updating I get is from twitter and msnewsnow.com. To be fair, I don't think there is much info to be had. LE is tight lipped about what, if anything, they have. Understandably so.

ETA: I think they used volunteers from the community Sunday and Monday for searches. It might be telling that today and yesterday seem to be officials only.

I don't understand them being tight lipped if they think she wandered off. If they think something else happen to her then sure. I think there is going to be a lot more that is going to come out. I have felt it from the beginning. If a child wanders off or you think runs away, you give a lot of information and let people help. It is when something else has occurred that causes LE to be tight lipped and not allow people to help. It could be as simple as they don't know. When they did the pressed and said pretty much nothing, I had a bad feeling.

I'd guess if all is as reported....
when Mom pulled out of driveway and the child saw her
then the child would take off after her.

Has there been any mention of which direction the Mom took off towards?
Which way down the road did she leave to go to shop?
That would be the direction I'd look first.

If baby was chasing Mom's vehicle then how far before the car is out of sight?
Where in a child's mind there'd be no hope?
I'd really look around those areas...where there are bends or hills from a 3 foot tall child's perspective.

As to the pond across the street, did the kiddos go swimming in that pond or any of the nearby ponds on a regular ? Any familiar areas that the child may have been accompanied the older kiddos or parents?

I swear all I see using Google Walk are trees, dirt, foliage, a mailbox or two, fencing, and more trees and dirt. I don't see anything of interest that a kiddo with rare freedom would find worth exploring.

I'd think the toddler would return back to their siblings and toys. I'd think she'd turn back to her own yard or someone elses before wandering into the woods.

Unless she saw a bird, squirrel, deer or other animal that she wanted to get a closer look at.

Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members