MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wouldn't let a ten year old ride her bike on the neighbor's driveway. Overprotective maybe, maybe not.

So if she was in the road, and someone going down the road hit her by accident?

I understand the guns out in the open in a way. I grew up with unloaded hunting rifles in my house, my grandparents houses, both them. Gun racks were high on the wall where little kids couldn't reach. It was the ammo that was kept locked in a locked metal military box in a locked closet. I was never a hunter but girls living near me now post their first deer picture on Facebook when they kill one at nine or ten years old.

I decided to edit out something about hunting. Sorry if it was too graphic.

Why would granny just now report that Myra walks the road between the two homes? This would have been valuable info early on. Or is this info to support a theory of abduction? Making a case?

JMO

We wouldn't let a ten year old ride her bike on the neighbor's driveway. Overprotective maybe, maybe not.

So if she was in the road, and someone going down the road hit her by accident?

I understand the guns out in the open in a way. I grew up with unloaded hunting rifles in my house, my grandparents houses, both them. Gun racks were high on the wall where little kids couldn't reach. It was the ammo that was kept locked in a locked metal military box in a locked closet. I was never a hunter but girls living near me now post their first deer picture on Facebook when they kill one at nine or ten years old.

I decided to edit out something about hunting. Sorry if it was too graphic.

I assume they weren't felons? (Not meaning that condescendingly.) I can't understand parents willfully doing things that can land them in jail. She knew she couldn't be around guns.

Why would granny just now report that Myra walks the road between the two homes? This would have been valuable info early on. Or is this info to support a theory of abduction? Making a case?

JMO

I have a feeling that LE learns a little more new info every time the family speaks with news media. Interesting, huh? I bet they are all ears.

Does anyone think it odd the comment about the bruises and marks? If you are asking for your grandchild not to be harmed you would say Please do not hurt her,not please let her return with no bruises or marks.

I am trying to put this is the nicest way I can... but I honestly think those comments are more of a lack of articulation/vocabulary thing.

Not that I find her honest or trustworthy. I don't.

The husband not knowing about the welfare fraud arrest, conviction and probation still blows my mind. I've tried and tried to figure out how that can happen and I just can't wrap my mind around it.

I know of a case from years ago. The lady had applied for all kinds of aid, neglecting to mention that her husband was not only employed, but employed by a nationwide company driving a truck making very good money. She was a favorite client of the welfare workers up until then. The husband had asked her how she was getting so much aid and her answers were always things like "they feel sorry for me" and "I just asked and they gave it to me". She neglected to mention that she flat out lied to get it. She was prosecuted. But he did know about it even though he was gone much of the time.

I am trying really hard to not jump to conclusions, but there are just too many things that are off in this case to be coincidental. JMO

The husband not knowing about the welfare fraud arrest, conviction and probation still blows my mind. I've tried and tried to figure out how that can happen and I just can't wrap my mind around it.

I know of a case from years ago. The lady had applied for all kinds of aid, neglecting to mention that her husband was not only employed, but employed by a nationwide company driving a truck making very good money. She was a favorite client of the welfare workers up until then. The husband had asked her how she was getting so much aid and her answers were always things like "they feel sorry for me" and "I just asked and they gave it to me". She neglected to mention that she flat out lied to get it. She was prosecuted. But he did know about it even though he was gone much of the time.

I am trying really hard to not jump to conclusions, but there are just too many things that are off in this case to be coincidental. JMO

I have known people that kept incredible things from their spouse. It usually involves the family of the spouse in trouble helping them keep the secret. My sister was married to a guy who was stealing from his job. They called the police and the police arrested him while sister was not at home (I think she could have been at work, but I don't remember) and family bailed him out. She didn't even know until they were getting a divorce and working through custody!!! If that hadn't happened, I wonder if she ever would have known. He told her he got laid off, and of course she believed him. He was even hiding the mail, because he was getting solicitation mail from lawyers in the area.

ETA: I go back and forth on the dad. In one moment I believe him, in others I agree...it seems too convenient. He does seem totally oblivious to me, which could also be convenient. I just can't decide. I do think a lot of spouses hide serious things, but here a little girl is missing. It makes it so hard to believe.

I assume they weren't felons? (Not meaning that condescendingly.) I can't understand parents willfully doing things that can land them in jail. She knew she couldn't be around guns.

No one in my family ever broke the law that I know of. But owning hunting guns in general, or having a gun rack, is not something to gasp about nor does it make one a bad parent. That was alluded to.

I did think the comment about bruises and such was strange, even if illiterate strange.

No one in my family ever broke the law that I know of. But owning hunting guns in general, or having a gun rack, is not something to gasp about nor does it make one a bad parent. That was alluded to.

I did think the comment about bruises and such was strange, even if illiterate strange.

Oh, no...I don't think owning guns in general is bad. Nor do I think guns in a home makes a bad parent. She was a felon who had guns, and she knew that was an offense that could land her in jail. I think that makes her judgement as a parent incredibly questionable. When a child is missing, those judgment calls are going to seem ever more questionable.

I am from the south and it's not uncommon in certain areas to say things like that when you hope someone is unharmed. I guess that's why I didn't find it odd, when I find most of what she said a complete load of crap.

JMO

She could have claimed kids who did not live there. They said they have seven? I have seen five including the newborn, plus an older teen that I don't think lives with them. Who is seven?

She could have claimed kids who did not live there. They said they have seven? I have seen five including the newborn, plus an older teen that I don't think lives with them. Who is seven?

I've actually heard 10 between them. Don't know who they are though. My husband hunts on land very near the location Myra went missing. The guy he hunts with is distant relatives to the family but not sure on which side. Was talking with him and his brother on Saturday when they came to our house to pick up some wood. Sadly, they both believe Myra to be dead and don't believe she will ever be found. Only said they believe "they killed her." Didn't specify who they believe "they" are. Made a comment about the mom but not sure I can post it here. Now, these two don't have any personal knowledge whatsoever and were just talking and giving their opinion so take it as it is. IMO. I just pray they're wrong and Myra is found safe! I find myself wishing that the bio dad rumors are true as I believe that would bode a better outcome. Praying Myra comes home somehow.

Kenneth Joseph is still missing. His wife was found dead. Somebody drove his van to Atlanta, 9 hours drive time via Myra's. Where is Kenneth and who drove his van?

It was said on the interview with Jane, transcript posted here, they had 10 between the two of them. Cassandra, a family friend said, she has a 17, 12, 11, 10, 8, 2 and a newborn.

http://www.clarionledger.com/articl...ra-Lewis-mom-remains-jail-probation-violation

In this article, it states, "Myra’s family has been polygraphed, but police won’t comment on the outcome."

Not accusing, but just curious, if the family had passed and been cleared, wouldn't they have stated so? Of course we don't know which family they are referring to and this could just mean they know something or may have lied, not that they did something. Thoughts based on previous cases?

This case just breaks my heart. I keep hoping everyday that she will be found alive somewhere somehow. I wish the astrology forum was still open. I think I'll run some charts on my own & see what I can come up with. Gotta dig up dates & times. I haven't heard the 911 call has anyone else heard it? I would like to know what time the call was made if possible.

Kenneth Joseph is still missing. His wife was found dead. Somebody drove his van to Atlanta, 9 hours drive time via Myra's. Where is Kenneth and who drove his van?

Kenneth may have been found:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/st_john_so_waiting_to_hear_whe.html

If this is him... all the more reason to ask WHO drove that van to Atlanta and did it come through Camden, MS on the way??? Just asking.... don't necessarily believe it myself but anything is possible I guess.

MOO. . .It seems that LE believes Myra's mom is hiding something. I'm still not sure how I feel about Dad. I wonder if they were having marriage problems, because, on the surface, it sure doesn't seem like they were communicating much.

Kenneth may have been found:

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2014/03/st_john_so_waiting_to_hear_whe.html

If this is him... all the more reason to ask WHO drove that van to Atlanta and did it come through Camden, MS on the way??? Just asking.... don't necessarily believe it myself but anything is possible I guess.

bbm - It really wouldn't matter in Myra's case because the van was found around 3pm on Thursday Feb 27. Myra didn't go missing until March 1.

Like a couple others here I tried to link the two cases somehow. But after sifting through many profiles on SM and going back over MSM links, I honestly don't think the two cases are related at all. Other than some friends or family of the Lewis family knowing friends or family of the Joseph family, I don't think there is any connection. JMOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong