MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #3

There were interesting comments on this article but all deleted now.

According to Tucker, his department has exhausted all resources to help find Lewis. He says they have even tried to stay in close contact with the immediate family, but they have since vanished.

“They have moved away from the area, and our best efforts to locate them have gone unfruitful.”

8-year anniversary of Myra Lewis’ disappearance

But for Tucker, the search will always continue. Myra Lewis is the case he can’t let go.

“She is my case. She is at the top of my list,” he said. “I’ve been through hundreds of cases where you see lives destroyed. I’ve sen an awful lot, and that is the one case that truly haunts my heart. I hope I don’t end my career with it unsolved. I’m afraid that I will, but I truly hope that I don’t.”

Now it's 8 years since she disappeared: Where is Myra Lewis? - Darkhorse Press

Last edited:
The other children who were present will speak out eventually.
There seem to be three basic possibilities:

1] Mom did take her daughter with her when she left, and something bad happened to ML.

2] Something bad happened to ML while home with her father.

3] ML wandered off after Mom left, and someone grabbed her...

I don't think it is number one. I am torn between 2 and 3.

There seem to be three basic possibilities:

1] Mom did take her daughter with her when she left, and something bad happened to ML.

2] Something bad happened to ML while home with her father.

3] ML wandered off after Mom left, and someone grabbed her...

I don't think it is number one. I am torn between 2 and 3.

I have to say that I just can't see it being #3. For me, it is either #1 , #2 or another option involving a different family member. The area is so, so rural and the chance of "that" person just happening by at the right/wrong moment to snatch her just seems remote to me, but that is just my opinion. The house was set back a good piece from the highway, too, so ML would have had to have been playing out a good ways from the yard. While not impossible, I just do not believe that is what happened. I have other reasons that I believe that something bad happened to her and some in the family know what that is. They have not only moved on without leaving any contact info to the MCSO but they seem to have moved on in other ways as well, just going by comments by extended family members. I am not accusing anyone, but the behavior does not sit well and it is certainly not typical of families who have lost a child to kidnapping.

I think of little Myra, too. I still see in my mind the picture of her placed in stores and not very large news coverage.
Coverage was ongoing and exhaustive locally. I have no idea how it was covered nationally.

Madison County Supervisor Paul Griffin lives in the area. He said Myra’s disappearance has forever changed the community.

“You got family kind of keeping a little close eye on their children in the rural area, where it use to the children can kind of roam free over to the neighbors, the playground and all that. Now, parents don’t take their eyes off of them since the disappearance of Myra Lewis,” said Griffin.
* I remember Myra going missing like it was yesterday. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox
Back