MS - Rasheem Carter, 25, called mom said life in danger, Smith County, scattered remains found in 2022 and 2023

Ok so no one else was seen on the video. Does that mean he wasn’t being chased? Could someone have known about it and avoided it? Otherwise if true, what does that leave us with? Paranoia? Break with reality? His family doesn’t think so, but it wouldn’t be the first time a family couldn’t accept something about their loved one. I don’t know what to think…

I find it very difficult to believe that his skull was completely defleshed yet soft tissue stuffed in the mouth would remain.

<modsnip: Not victim friendly to disbelieve family>

No matter what it's extremely suspicious but I'd really like to see some more actual verifiable forensic evidence beyond some photos of the skull.

Ok so no one else was seen on the video. Does that mean he wasn’t being chased? Could someone have known about it and avoided it? Otherwise if true, what does that leave us with? Paranoia? Break with reality? His family doesn’t think so, but it wouldn’t be the first time a family couldn’t accept something about their loved one. I don’t know what to think…
The evidence here says it all imo. If you read the articles available about this case, he texted his mother, "My boss and I are not seeing eye to eye... he sent people to try & kill me" and let her know if anything happens to him, it's his boss, and these other dudes. He gave her their names and a description of the vehicle. He is running with his shirt torn off with bruises on him through the woods. Them not showing on camera has nothing to do with it - his cousin said Rasheem was hiding from them in those woods. They could've approached him in a different direction, disabled the camera, etc, we have no idea.

We have no reason not to believe this man. A young dad, son, friend, whole life ahead of him, hard worker, with his OWN seafood restaurant who was working in welding because he wanted to open his restaurant back up after the pandemic closed it.

I notice an unsettling trend online where people of color are not believed about their experiences nearly as much as white people are. Not saying you guys are purposefully racist or anything, just that -
it is a trend I keep seeing and it is both devastating and really frustrating. Especially with the whole "maybe a drug problem..." thing always getting brought up as a possibility when I don't see that happen nearly as often to others. It's like the character of a person doesn't matter, what their family says doesn't matter, and even evidence doesn't seem to matter sometimes. "Well, you know, could be a drug problem" despite nobody saying anything about that including his family, friends, or the POLICE is grating to see after years of seeing it being said with no foundation.

This sheriff immediately saying there's no foul play in spite of these texts and warnings and pictures and this man being decapitated potentially with a penis in his mouth for God's sake... and the family learns over EMAIL about his remains and can't give him any type of proper burial... that's suuuure a lot of BS going on that's incredibly insensitive.

Glad Cardi B is sharing this case around to the right people. Glad the family got a PI, and would be happy to have the feds take over since apparently this sheriff doesn't seem to know down from up in this case.
MOO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, imo, it's probably much more statistically likely to be a mental health issue, or drug induced issue, over being chased and killed by coworkers. I don't think race has anything to do with it. If anything, I think it is him being a male in the age range where mental issues often start to show that has me leaning that way, along with no evidence found yet of anyone chasing him.

Personally, imo, it's probably much more statistically likely to be a mental health issue, or drug induced issue, over being chased and killed by coworkers. I don't think race has anything to do with it. If anything, I think it is him being a male in the age range where mental issues often start to show that has me leaning that way, along with no evidence found yet of anyone chasing him.

But...he was decapitated?

The evidence here says it all imo. If you read the articles available about this case, he texted his mother, "My boss and I are not seeing eye to eye... he sent people to try & kill me" and let her know if anything happens to him, it's his boss, and these other dudes. He gave her their names and a description of the vehicle. He is running with his shirt torn off with bruises on him through the woods. Them not showing on camera has nothing to do with it - his cousin said Rasheem was hiding from them in those woods. They could've approached him in a different direction, disabled the camera, etc, we have no idea.

We have no reason not to believe this man. A young dad, son, friend, whole life ahead of him, hard worker, with his OWN seafood restaurant who was working in welding because he wanted to open his restaurant back up after the pandemic closed it.

I notice an unsettling trend online where people of color are not believed about their experiences nearly as much as white people are. Not saying you guys are purposefully racist or anything, just that -
it is a trend I keep seeing and it is both devastating and really frustrating. Especially with the whole "maybe a drug problem..." thing always getting brought up as a possibility when I don't see that happen nearly as often to others. It's like the character of a person doesn't matter, what their family says doesn't matter, and even evidence doesn't seem to matter sometimes. "Well, you know, could be a drug problem" despite nobody saying anything about that including his family, friends, or the POLICE is grating to see after years of seeing it being said with no foundation.

This sheriff immediately saying there's no foul play in spite of these texts and warnings and pictures and this man being decapitated potentially with a penis in his mouth for God's sake... and the family learns over EMAIL about his remains and can't give him any type of proper burial... that's suuuure a lot of BS going on that's incredibly insensitive.

Glad Cardi B is sharing this case around to the right people. Glad the family got a PI, and would be happy to have the feds take over since apparently this sheriff doesn't seem to know down from up in this case.
MOO.
There are many unsettling trends going on these days. Why wouldn't the boss just fire him? Instead, his boss and 4 associates are going to jeopardize their futures on first degree murder charges? Why would they do that? To me, not "seeing eye to eye" is a long way from murder. What was the disagreement? If he had time to divulge all of their names, what did he say about the disagreement?

Is there any other evidence outside of this last alleged phone call? These men are supposedly running through the woods at night with, what, a machete with which to decapitate him? Running through the woods in the dark is no small feat, and that's without carrying something to accomplish decapitation.

Waiting for further evidence. MOO

I have only heard that from the family. I believe the original autopsy showed that animals scattered his remains, but I will go back and reread to refresh my memory.

One of the articles said something along the lines of his head and spine being separated.
This and the title of the thread are indicating decapitation. I took those as fact, but I could have misunderstood or misinterpreted.

JMO

I think the legacy of sundown towns in the area play a factor in this death. MOO.

General, short article from a few years ago if you are not familiar with sundown towns:

I have only heard that from the family. I believe the original autopsy showed that animals scattered his remains, but I will go back and reread to refresh my memory.
If he was afraid and running, from a real or perceived threat, it's even possible that he could have tripped, been impaled by a sharp branch or branches from a fallen tree, broken his neck, cut himself... I know from experience that attempting to run in the woods at night is not a safe activity. Fortunately, it didn't cost me my life, but it easily could have.

I think the legacy of sundown towns in the area play a factor in this death. MOO.

General, short article from a few years ago if you are not familiar with sundown towns:
So, in your stated scenario, blacks could pass through a town during the day. Nowhere does the article state that they were employed in those towns. I'm failing to see a connection.

How much video footage has been released at this point? (In the woods from the trail cam, Family Dollar where he was supposed to wait for a family friend, any other relevant sightings like him being at the police station asking for help/a ride, any other camera sightings around town, etc.?) Seems like there should be some amount of footage that LE should have. What does it show? Who does it show? And how much/how many minutes worth of footage have been released?

So, in your stated scenario, blacks could pass through a town during the day. Nowhere does the article state that they were employed in those towns. I'm failing to see a connection.
6 paragraphs down. Why wouldn’t they be? Commerce is one thing, brotherly love quite another.

“ The rules of a sundown town were simple: Black people were allowed to pass through during the day or go in to shop or work, but they had to be gone by nightfall”

Not saying that’s what happened here, but some traditions die hard, so I understand considering the possibility.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cynde64