MS - Rasheem Carter, 25, called mom said life in danger, Smith County, scattered remains found in 2022 and 2023

Beginning at 1:14 -

- He was also caught on a deer camera, in the woods
- With a large stick on his shoulder and his shirt was ripped off of him
- He had bruises on him, so someone was after him and someone was chasing him

Keep listening, they talk about a photo taken from the footage which was circulated around town. Holy crap, if this is true - I have no words!! This is horrifying!!

Do we know details of who Rasheem was working for? Is that a survey (GPS) tripod in the picture?
I don't actually think that is a large stick he is carrying. I think it is a tree limb either hanging down or may be used to steady the deer feeder you see in the picture.Hard to say for sure. That is the tripod you are seeing there. It is a feeder.

Weather in Mississippi from Oct. 2 through Nov. 2 , 2022 was a very humid 77-82 degrees most of October and cooled off to highs of 73 degrees by the beginning of Nov. Lows only about 57 degrees at night at this time.

The woods in Mississippi are full of venomous snakes, some of which are more aggressive (water moccasins), any number of venomous spiders, wild hogs( which can get enormous and will kill you and eat you), coyotes, panthers, bobcats, occasionally black bear, not to mention alligators if you're near any rivers, lakes or ponds. Also of note many scavengers to add such as raccoons , vultures etc etc. All of this to say that under any circumstances the woodlands in and of themselves are not a benign place. I hiked through some of that area of that county when I was a teenager, though I don't know the exact location where he was found. I would definitely not have wanted to be out there at night.

I'm not drawing any conclusions from this. Just thought I would share the info to add to the facts.

The more I look at that photo the more it looks like that tree branch is slung over his shoulder. I don't know if he's bruised or its leaf shadows on his body though. This guy had no history of mental illness though right? No serious drug problem? Unless there's some good reason to doubt him I would think when someone says "If I get killed, it was this guy who killed me" and they immediately get killed, that avenue would be investigated.

The more I look at that photo the more it looks like that tree branch is slung over his shoulder. I don't know if he's bruised or its leaf shadows on his body though. This guy had no history of mental illness though right? No serious drug problem? Unless there's some good reason to doubt him I would think when someone says "If I get killed, it was this guy who killed me" and they immediately get killed, that avenue would be investigated.
I agree after looking at it several more times that he could be carrying the tree limb but dang, it is a stout limb to be carrying around. I would think something smaller and easier to wield might be easier to find out there, but who knows? I also agree that the discoloration on his body is most likely to be leaf shadows and filtered light coming in through the forest.

Am I missing something or is the part about the penis no where in this article? This is the first anyone has said this and it doesn't appear in the actual body of the article.

if that is true as written - that his severed penis was found in his mouth - then I'd have to think that would be bigger news. That is sadly such wonderful click bait fodder for MSM and yet they have not picked up on it. Can't be verified by LE I imagine.

I think there IS something here so I am following. Either hinky as all get-out, or too much unreported and/or unknown to report. Regardless, tragic. So very sad for those who loved Rasheem.

Am I missing something or is the part about the penis no where in this article? This is the first anyone has said this and it doesn't appear in the actual body of the article.

I saw it in the article, around 8 or 9 paragraphs down. A PI has apparently stated that belief.

10th paragraph:
Mother Jones reported that Carter’s family worked with a private investigator who determined that Carter’s severed, decomposing penis was in his mouth and that his bones were broken and cut cleanly in a manner inconsistent with an animal attack. The investigator also alleged that police bungled the investigation and failed to take Carter’s disappearance seriously.

Quote from:

Last edited:
I find it very difficult to believe that his skull was completely defleshed yet soft tissue stuffed in the mouth would remain.

<modsnip: Not victim friendly to disbelieve family>

No matter what it's extremely suspicious but I'd really like to see some more actual verifiable forensic evidence beyond some photos of the skull.

Last edited by a moderator:

It’s near the article’s end:

“Mother Jones reported that Carter’s family worked with a private investigator who determined that Carter’s severed, decomposing penis was in his mouth and that his bones were broken and cut cleanly in a manner inconsistent with an animal attack. The investigator also alleged that police bungled the investigation and failed to take Carter’s disappearance seriously.”

It’s near the article’s end:

“Mother Jones reported that Carter’s family worked with a private investigator who determined that Carter’s severed, decomposing penis was in his mouth and that his bones were broken and cut cleanly in a manner inconsistent with an animal attack. The investigator also alleged that police bungled the investigation and failed to take Carter’s disappearance seriously.”
thank you! I'm sorry for not reading that more thoroughly. I had about 5 minutes to check-in here today and clearly it was pre-coffee.

I'm also struggling with the soft tissue still being discernible. I posted the weather for the dates in question. That coupled with insect and animal activity really has me scratching my head.

I'm stuggling with who to believe. Can the State turn this over to the Feds in hope to find the truth?

I am with you on that. But, I do trust the state crime lab. I just really cannot imagine they had much to work with on the remains. When you start seeing such detailed reports coming from a PI and an independent autopsy it starts to seem very cloudy for me. What are their credentials and expertise? I think it is important to know that the official findings are NOT that of a county coroner type who doubles as a sheriff or funeral operator like in days of old.

No words. Just heartbroken for this family.

April 28, 2023

The Mississippi Crime Lab notified the family that remains found on Feb. 23 matched Rasheem Carter's DNA, according to a statement released by attorney Ben Crump and Carter's family. "It is unacceptable that the family had to find out through an email that more of Rasheem's remains were found, and still, they haven't been told any other information, been offered a meeting with officials, or received his remains," the statement said.

No words. Just heartbroken for this family.

April 28, 2023

The Mississippi Crime Lab notified the family that remains found on Feb. 23 matched Rasheem Carter's DNA, according to a statement released by attorney Ben Crump and Carter's family. "It is unacceptable that the family had to find out through an email that more of Rasheem's remains were found, and still, they haven't been told any other information, been offered a meeting with officials, or received his remains," the statement said.
disgusting and unprofessional..... but didnt expect more.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back