Found Deceased MS- Shawn Martin, 26, Pascagoula, Jackson County, 21 March 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by doodles1211, Mar 28, 2019.

1. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

Shawn Martin, 26, was last seen by his family on March 21 when he reportedly left heading to the Atlanta area. Police say they are not sure if Martin, who is from Pascagoula, made it to Atlanta or not. A missing person’s report has been filed by Martin’s family in both Moss Point and Pascagoula.

[​IMG]
    His description was sent out to law enforcement agencies between South Mississippi and Atlanta but no one has reported seeing him, said Moss Point Police Chief Brandon Ashley.

Martin is described as standing 6’2”, having a medium-sized frame, gold teeth and various tattoos. He was last seen traveling in a dark blue 2003 GMC Yukon with Mississippi tag number JHV264.

If anyone has seen Martin or the vehicle, or has any information relating to his whereabouts, please contact Moss Point Police Department at 228-475-1711 or Pascagoula Police Department at 228-762-2211.

[​IMG]
    http://www.wlox.com/2019/03/28/missing-pascagoula-man-last-seen-more-than-week-ago/

2. Darling136

Darling136 Staff member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

3. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

Oh no....abandoned vehicle...

4. Quill

Quill Well-Known Member

So if I am reading the article correctly, it states the he was last heard from while gassing up in Moss Point. Now his vehicle has been found abandoned there. But this is confusing to me:

'Moss Point Police Chief Brandon Ashley said the case is being treated as a missing person.

“There is no telling what is going on,” he said. “We have sent out information on him to agencies from here to Atlanta. He is not technically missing from Moss Point, but we are checking and coordinating with other agencies to find him.” '

BBM
    I would think if Moss Point was his last known contact location and then his vehicle is found abandoned there that he would in fact be considered missing from there? Is this possibly due to an edit to an prior article and they failed to correct this?

Read more here: ‘I’m hopeful I’ll find him alive.’ Coast mother asks for help finding missing son.

AzPistonsGirl and TatianaBarbie like this.
  5. doodles1211

doodles1211 Well-Known Member

6. ClaireNC

ClaireNC Well-Known Member

7. Darling136

Darling136 Staff member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Coroner identifies body found in Moss Point as missing man from Pascagoula

Found deceased

AzPistonsGirl and Quill like this.
  8. YaYa_521

YaYa_521 Every Body's Name Matters

Rest peacefully, Shawn. I pray you and your family receive any/and justice you deserve.