MS MS - Shondra May, 17, Forest, 4 Feb 1986

Thirty-four years ago yesterday on February 26, 1986, the body of Shondra May, 17, was found in a creek in Hinds County. I was just a year ahead of her in school and was a freshman in college. She went to Leake Academy in Scott County. She was a senior in high school and had disappeared on February 4 after leaving work at the McDonald's in Forest. Her case is still unsolved.

I will never forget this girl. Though I never knew her, we lived the same kind of small town life just a county away from each other. Her disappearance and subsequent murder was something uncommon, unholy and a nightmare for the innocent and good people who lived in our small towns back then.

Someone out there knows something.

Never forget Shondra May and if you know something, please say something. Bring her killer to justice. It is not too late.

I still believe someone knows something but is afraid to tell. I miss my home State, but don't miss the back room hand shakes that take place in a lot of small towns.

Rest in heavenly peace Shondra. We still haven't forgotten and won't stop fighting.
Thirty-four years ago yesterday on February 26, 1986, the body of Shondra May, 17, was found in a creek in Hinds County. I was just a year ahead of her in school and was a freshman in college. She went to Leake Academy in Scott County. She was a senior in high school and had disappeared on February 4 after leaving work at the McDonald's in Forest. Her case is still unsolved.

I will never forget this girl. Though I never knew her, we lived the same kind of small town life just a county away from each other. Her disappearance and subsequent murder was something uncommon, unholy and a nightmare for the innocent and good people who lived in our small towns back then.

Someone out there knows something.

Never forget Shondra May and if you know something, please say something. Bring her killer to justice. It is not too late.

I am the daughter of Karl Strahan and Magaline Cooley Jeffries. My dad was cleared by DNA evidence. Please leave that theory alone! I love my parents regardless of what the hell they’ve put on me. But as their daughter, I suggest looking at my mother a little closer. That woman was brutal to us kids growing up. She knows things that were never released to the public. I’ve read the papers. She claims the FBI told her stuff. I doubt that somehow they would release information of this nature to a family member of the main suspect. Now I don’t remember anything. I was only 2 at the time. She is obsessed with pinning that murder on my father though. That woman does like beating people’s with a belt. She has come at me with a knife once… her own child! Im not saying she’s guilty, but I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if she played a role in Maria Smith or even this girl. All I know is she’s obsessed with these cases!

As the daughter of Karl Strahan believe me when I say, It’s not my father! He was cleared by DNA! Look at my mother she knew details and specifics about how the body was found that she shouldn’t know! She claims the FBI agent of the case told her about the details of the refrigerator or freezer. And do not trust H Rabideau. That woman tried taking my kid with a false claim to CYS to find out years later she apparently punished my son once for asking to go home by forcing him under water when he was 5 and then said I love you cutie! My almost 18 year old son wants nothing to do with my mother or her ex wife.

Last edited:
As the daughter of Karl Strahan believe me when I say, It’s not my father! He was cleared by DNA! Look at my mother she knew details and specifics about how the body was found that she shouldn’t know! She claims the FBI agent of the case told her about the details of the refrigerator or freezer. And do not trust H Rabideau. That woman tried taking my kid with a false claim to CYS to find out years later she apparently punished my son once for asking to go home by forcing him under water when he was 5 and then said I love you cutie! My almost 18 year old son wants nothing to do with my mother or her ex wife.
I just think it needs clarifying here that no one has been cleared by DNA evidence in the case of the abduction and murder of Shondra May. But if you or anyone else has a verifiable link to anything stating otherwise I would be most interested in reading that.

I just think it needs clarifying here that no one has been cleared by DNA evidence in the case of the abduction and murder of Shondra May. But if you or anyone else has a verifiable link to anything stating otherwise I would be most interested in reading that.
Quill, you are correct no one has been cleared by DNA evidence

A new Facebook page has been created by Shondra’s investigation team. It’s named Shondra May Murder Investigation. This investigation team is working diligently and it seems to me is working harder on solving the case than anyone has in recent years. I talk with them and meet with them regularly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back