MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/16/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, they don't have enough evidence and that is a concern despite everything that was done so maybe they got it wrong and maybe "DEB" is not the suspect.

They need to get over the parents not cooperating excuse. Seriously. It ain't going anywhere. They won't get a confession.

Oh...wait..here's an idea. Why don't they make a plea deal IF they really think "DEB" did it.

Get over the parents not cooperating excuse? Wow. That's OK? After a cadaver dog hit in their bedroom, parents who change their story, and parents who are too proud to talk to police any further? Just abandon all of that? Now, that WOULD be shoddy police work. DB's truthfulness is the key to this entire investigation. It's as plain as day.

Yes, so far DB (who I think is the perp) has outsmarted LE, the FBI and the National Guard. She didn't outsmart the cadaver dog.........the dog got a hit.
* In my thoughts

One thing possibly going for LE-DB is a drinker and drinkers talk.

BBM

So true! Thank goodness for dogs and their incredible noses. :woohoo:

Get over the parents not cooperating excuse? Wow. That's OK? After a cadaver dog hit in their bedroom, parents who change their story, and parents who are too proud to talk to police any further? Just abandon all of that? Now, that WOULD be shoddy police work. DB's truthfulness is the key to this entire investigation. It's as plain as day.

The hit obviously didn't turn out to be much of anything or we wouldn't be where we are today. One or both would be in jail. Instead they're back home.

The hit obviously didn't turn out to be much of anything or we wouldn't be where we are today. One or both would be in jail. Instead they're back home.

The cadaver dog hit is just one of the pieces of the proverbial puzzle. Just because an arrest hasn't be made does not neccessarily mean that the cadaver dog hit was wrong.

The cadaver dog hit is just one of the pieces of the proverbial puzzle. Just because an arrest hasn't be made does not neccessarily mean that the cadaver dog hit was wrong.

It also doesn't prove anything by itself. And if that's all LE has, then there is nowhere to go from there.

It means there was nothing to conclude a murder occurred in the house.

It's almost as if a cadaver dog hit doesn't even raise the eyebrows of some. I find that fascinating.

It's almost as if a cadaver dog hit doesn't even raise the eyebrows of some. I find that fascinating.

I wouldn't say that, but it's inconclusive to me. I'd feel more strongly about it if there was more to back it up, say another hit somewhere in the house or surrounding area or some other piece of evidence that puts a dead body in that home. But as it stands now, as far as we know, it's just that and nothing else collaborates it.

I wouldn't say that, but it's inconclusive to me. I'd feel more strongly about it if there was more to back it up, say another hit somewhere in the house or surrounding area or some other piece of evidence that puts a dead body in that home. But as it stands now, as far as we know, it's just that and nothing else collaborates it.

We do not yet know if another hit was or was not detected.

That is not "just" it. We have a parent who has changed timelines, claimed to be "blackout" drunk, appears to be neglectful (IMO-putting two boys in front of a tv for hours-not checking them-putting a sick baby in the crib-not checking), now refusing to cooperate with LE, has a "flophouse posse" (MOO)person's number on her hand, phone call to said "flophouse posse" person's number on the night in question...there is more.

As far as placing a dead body in the home...I hope that the child is alive...but there is adequate hinky info that something nefarious happened to that baby in that home...and Mom was the sole caregiver at the time in question.

We do not yet know if another hit was or was not detected.

That is not "just" it. We have a parent who has changed timelines, claimed to be "blackout" drunk, appears to be neglectful (IMO-putting two boys in front of a tv for hours-not checking them-putting a sick baby in the crib-not checking), now refusing to cooperate with LE, has a "flophouse posse" (MOO)person's number on her hand, phone call to said "flophouse posse" person's number on the night in question...there is more.

As far as placing a dead body in the home...I hope that the child is alive...but there is adequate hinky info that something nefarious happened to that baby in that home...and Mom was the sole caregiver at the time in question.

BBM

Not all the stuff you listed is even factual though. The flophouse number on her hand is not a proven fact as we know it and the phone call to MW doesn't prove that DB made that call. The changing timelines I don't know who to blame on with that because we're never sure who is sourcing all this info. She at least can backup the fact she was drinking because we saw her buy wine.

I'm also not in the business of guessing what LE has and doesn't have. It's awfully convienent to say 'well there must have been another hit' when that's all that is, a guess. Until we know something for sure, I can only go off of what we do know and as of now, all we do know for sure is there was a hit and nothing else.

I haven't been up to speed on Haleigh's case so whatever I post is based on my recollection. In that case, unfortunately, LE did exactly what LE did in this case . They thought they had a suspect (Misty) but no evidence whatsoever to link her to Haleigh's "disappearance". They thought they could break her into a confession and that didn't happen. With all those shady characters in and out of that home, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if someone took Haleigh and Misty/Ron had nothing to do with it. Negligent. Absolutely. Killing Haleigh? Probably not.

I think the same thing is happening here. Was DB negligent? Absolutely. Does it make her a killer? No.

This is somewhat o/t. I read a post here and am not sure if it came from something said by a reporter or not. The place where MW lives had adults coming in and out and apparently 3 or 4 children live there. All shady characters (drugs perhaps). Who is watching these children? If they can't even remember who was using whose phone, how in the world are these children safe? Do we wait until another child goes "missing" to take notice? Something needs to be done to safe guard these children. What is being done proactively so another child doesn't suffer the same fate that so many have? Do we just look away and say it's not our problem? Is CPS and LE doing the same? Unless there is evidence of abuse then it's not an issue?

I have no idea what the Bradley/Irwin home was like. I have no idea who was in and out of there. Maybe this was DB's first drinking binge or maybe not but legally, so far, LE has nothing on either one. Furthermore, there is no evidence to say baby Lisa is dead. Yes, statistics are not on her side but until she's found and/or until there is an arrest for her murder, I'll have to believe that she's out there and she could still be alive. Same with Haleigh.

Excellent post!!! Agree totally!

Here's why I give the cadaver dog (specifically the dog's handler) little or no credibility.

Some years ago I went up to Vancouver, Canada to go skiing. On the way back to the US, coming through customs, I passed by a gentleman who had a dog sitting beside him. The dog never got within 10 feet of me and never even acknowledged my existence.

About 10 minutes later I was told the dog detected drugs on me and I was taken aside and my luggage thoroughly searched. Nothing was found and I went on my way.

The dog didn't detect drugs. The dog was simply used as an excuse to profile people. I was in my early twenties at the time and likely met the profile of drug user/smuggler/whatever.

It seems to me that this cadaver dog 'hit' was just an excuse to get the more invasive search that LE was wanting.

Remember, LE wanted that warrant application sealed. Did they have something to hide?

All JMO.

We haven't even heard from LE yet, so "nothing else" corroborates makes very little sense to me. Those forensic teams/bomb squad teams did a very thorough job inspecting that home. They took bag after bag of evidence-- for some reason. Idk, maybe KCPD just likes blowing their skimpy budget for no reason whatsoever?

I must reserve my judgement of what has come to light until LE gives a public presser that informs us of exactly that. JT is not an authority, he is a mouthpiece in defense of the parents, and that is all.

moo

Here's why I give the cadaver dog (specifically the dog's handler) little or no credibility.

Some years ago I went up to Vancouver, Canada to go skiing. On the way back to the US, coming through customs, I passed by a gentleman who had a dog sitting beside him. The dog never got within 10 feet of me and never even acknowledged my existence.

About 10 minutes later I was told the dog detected drugs on me and I was taken aside and my luggage thoroughly searched. Nothing was found and I went on my way.

The dog didn't detect drugs. The dog was simply used as an excuse to profile people. I was in my early twenties at the time and likely met the profile of drug user/smuggler/whatever.

It seems to me that this cadaver dog 'hit' was just an excuse to get the more invasive search that LE was wanting.

Remember, LE wanted that warrant application sealed. Did they have something to hide?

All JMO.
Honestly, I don't think LE is in the habit of lying in order to get a search warrant. I just don't understand how LE is the bad guy here. They are the ONLY ones that are trying to find this baby. The parents are doing nothing.

We haven't even heard from LE yet, so "nothing else" corroborates makes very little sense to me. Those forensic teams/bomb squad teams did a very thorough job inspecting that home. They took bag after bag of evidence-- for some reason. Idk, maybe KCPD just likes blowing their skimpy budget for no reason whatsoever?

I must reserve my judgement of what has come to light until LE gives a public presser that informs us of exactly that. JT is not an authority, he is a mouthpiece in defense of the parents, and that is all.

moo

Why is it easier to auto assume there must be something else when it's just as easy to say we don't know anything else then what we have in front of us right now. I only know what's been brought to light. If there is other evidence, such as dog hits, etc, I don't know that, so I can't make a judgement about the dog hit that we do know about based on an assumption.

ETA: This is in response to the question, why isn't more weight being given to the dog hit.

There is a new thread for today's MSM news:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154950"]MSM Coverage of Baby Lisa 11/17/11 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

has a "flophouse posse" (MOO)person's number on her hand, phone call to said "flophouse posse" person's number on the night in question...there is more.

Do we actually KNOW this now? Last I heard, and I can't read it all so apologies in advance if I missed it, MW said that the police said that the number was on her hand. The police haven't actually confirmed that the number was on her hand or even that they told MW that.

What I find fascinating is that some are putting too much emphasis on that one hit when it obviously turned out to be worthless.
Since we know that cadaver dogs can also hit on dirty diapers, bloody bandages, urine and other bodily fluids, I just can't get excited about this one hit, sorry. It sure hasn't proved so far that there was a dead body on that floor, or more specifically that it was Lisa's body.

moo

Correction... they took bags of potential evidence. Most of the time, they end up with very little real evidence within all those bags and boxes they haul out. They're trained to pick up anything that MIGHT be evidence, but not all of it turns out to be useful. And sometimes a lot of it never even gets tested, once it's looked at and determined not to be of much value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member