MSM coverage of Baby Lisa, 11/9/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how I feel about Jim Spellman and his "stay tuned" type tweets. But at least he's doing some "old fashioned" journo-digging/fact checking to get a story. It may feel like a freakshow at times but for now it also keeps Lisa's name out there.

All my opinion :twocents:

I agree that he's keeping baby Lisa's name out there which is so important right now.. Someone knows SOMETHING!!!

jimspellmancnn jim spellman
Heading out to chase more #babylisa news. I'll check in here later.

http://twitter.com/#!/jimspellmancnn

BBM: Thanks for this update ... I do not "tweet" so it is great that the "tweeters" here are keeping us posted -- even if there is NO NEW NEWS.

:waitasec: I wonder if Mike Brooks is in KC helping Jim Spellman today ? On Vinnie's Show yesterday, Mike Brooks was down in KC ...

I know I know ... some do not "agree" with Brooks ... but hey, it's better than nothing, and IIRC, he has an FBI background ...

:waitasec: And it's more than what the "parents" are doing ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

So basically he tweeted that he has nothing to say? How strange, IMO. Why not just tweet when there is something pertinent to say.

Perhaps since he knows that so many are following his tweets, instead of people constantly asking him if there's any new info, he's just trying to keep people updated to what he's doing.

I have a question. Why do they need a cheek swab of the boys?

Because they need to exclude any DNA evidence hey found in the house as being from the boys. [ and maybe they might check paternity claims as well.]

Or at the very least, as a public spokesman, he should understand the meaning of the words he uses. Infinite, but a few? Is it opposite day or something? WTH?

Haven't read the entire thread but the quotes from NBC's website weren't in proper context.

Jim Roberts is the spokesman for the Clay County Prosecutor's Office. He is referenced in the first paragraph but NOT quoted directly in the story. The person who made the "infinite" comment is a a former FBI agent with no direct knowledge about the case. I hope this clarification helps.

Perhaps since he knows that so many are following his tweets, instead of people constantly asking him if there's any new info, he's just trying to keep people updated to what he's doing.
Fair enough.

I just always assume no tweets means no news, so that's probably why I found the tweet strange.

Because they need to exclude any DNA evidence hey found in the house as being from the boys. [ and maybe they might check paternity claims as well.]

BBM:

I certainly agree with this, but not so sure LE would go into checking the paternity of Baby Lisa. It may very well become an issue in Baby Lisa's case, though.

*Keep the faith, everyone! The main people in this case may start turning against each other and spill something LE can use!

I have to wonder if JI knew early on that DB and SB had company on the stoop. Sooner or later JI and SB will disagree on something, IMO. Maybe extended family will disagree on something as well. They may even start doubting each other. I honestly feel there will be discord among family members if there is not already.

I just have a feeling that something is about to happen! WHERE is Baby Lisa????

Spellman has at least been able to provide good information about who has been investigated, which I appreciate. I was also appreciative that Spellman mentioned he is about 3 weeks behind LE whenever he tracks down a new lead.

I'm just glad LE is digging and looking at everyone, in and outside of the family. Whether they're no longer stating that they've cleared anyone and that they're moving on (per Graves last week), or they haven't actually officially cleared anyone is something we don't know. But, we do know now of at least 6 people outside of the family that LE has investigated to some degree:

1. Jersey
2. Megan
3. Mr. Brando
4. teen neighbor
5. Shane
6. Dane
7. Mrs. Brando (we still don't know if she has agreed to LE questioning, I wish we did, she is at the very least a vital witness as to what was going on that night and I'd like to know what "apparently fine" means when she uses that qualifier to describe seeing Lisa at 4:30 pm).

Nothing says that LE is only looking at the parents; we know for a fact that they have looked at several other people. I think the tunnel-vision claim is completely baseless. We don't know if LE's investigation has led them to supsect that any of the folks listed above may be tied to Lisa's disappearance (individually or in connection with Lisa's parents), but we do know that LE did not stop looking at other possibilities when the parents stopped consenting to unrestricted interviews at the station. We also know that LE has followed up on over 1,000 tips and leads (including out of state sighting reports).

I hope we hear more in MSM today about exactly when the boys will be interviewed. It would be great to hear that the parents have agreed to go down to the station and answer any and all questions (with their lawyer present to witness and assure there is no abusive questioning - and, yes, I know they have a right not to answer questions, I just don't understand the resistance JMO). If they've got nothing to hide, I dont' know how these parents can resist being at that station and aiding LE when they know there are so many leads being investigated; any one could lead to Lisa. I'm hoping we get an MSM news report today that the parents will be interviewed again asap. Just a hope, not an expectation.

JMO...

eh, i think he just likes keeping people informed. i can respect Jim Spellman, a lot more than other journalists in the case. (*cough*megynkelly*cough*) so far i haven't found anything too big to complain about with him. i think he tweets teasers rather than actual news because his bosses tell him he can't reveal things.

eta: he seems dedicated to fact-checking and getting the story as right as he can. he also answers questions on his twitter account, which is very nice of him.
That he has nothing yet?

I don't lack respect for Jim Spellman's journalism, it just struck me as funny to "update" that there's well, no "update".

IDK, but I would assume people can figure out no tweets = no news.

Or maybe they can't.

No biggie, just something that struck me as "LOL, WTH?".

Anyway...

Sorry.

I have just one problem with SB's 4 year old claiming she saw Baby Lisa at 6:30 PM since most children at that age can NOT tell time, IMO.

Me too and isn't 6:30 around the time SB supposely made her liquor run? JMHO

Megyn Kelly teasing a spot for baby Lisa saying a shift in the timeline is being reported. Mark Furman will join her for discussion at some point.

I have just one problem with SB's 4 year old claiming she saw Baby Lisa at 6:30 PM since most children at that age can NOT tell time, IMO.

I was thinking this EXACT thing the other day. My daughter is a couple weeks older than SB's and the only "time" she can tell is that she knows that in the mornings, when the clock turns to 7 (o'clock), it is time for my kindergartener to go to the bus stop. This is really the only time my kindergartner knows as well.

That he has nothing yet?

I don't lack respect for Jim Spellman's journalism, it just struck me as funny to "update" that there's well, no "update".

IDK, but I would assume people can figure out no tweets = no news.

Or maybe they can't.

No biggie, just something that struck me as "LOL, WTH?".

Anyway...

Sorry.

no need to be sorry :)

In this article it states that SB's husband is a close friend of DB and was there drinking and smoking with them on the porch that night. I have not read or heard that he was there except in this one article. Does anyone know if this is true or was it just SB and some other neighbor man, and is this article just wrong? :crazy: TIA

http://www.christianpost.com/news/baby-lisa-irwin-missing-neighbor-given-polygraph-60433/

I believe this is mis-reported. The person socializing with SB and DB on the porch was a new neighbor who lives a few houses away. His name is Shane. SB's husband was spending the night with a friend after some sort of familial disagreement with SB.

Speaking of Mike Brooks...

Vinnie Politan just tweeted the following...

@VinniePolitan
Vinnie Politan
Mike Brooks on the ground in Baby Lisa's neighborhood... HLN Special Report tonight 5pm! New details about the man who had the cellphone...

Megyn Kelly teasing a spot for baby Lisa saying a shift in the timeline is being reported. Mark Furman will join her for discussion at some point.

:seeya:...........Hiya, Peli!

Wonder how much politics we'll have to listen to before she gets around to it?

Fair enough.

I just always assume no tweets means no news, so that's probably why I found the tweet strange.

He constantly gets tweets from others wondering if theres news. IMO its his attempt to beat em to the punch and also of course to keep em looking. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637