MT MT - Jason Reynolds, 17, Billings, 1 Jun 1993

Has there been any update on this? If I read the previously mentioned article correctly, I think we should be approaching the estimated eight month time frame for the results?

Welcome to WS Grifynne! :welcome:

I know it feels like forever waiting results, but Jasons mom only posted just over 2 mo's ago she finally submitted dna. Collecting family reference samples can take time.....

To recap the wait.

August of 2010 RKnowely posted Jason had been ruled out by dentals.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Submitted Jason Donald Reynolds

November 2010 Believe09 posted that VA ME is willing to double check the rule out via dentals by comparing DNA. Indicating a dna sample has been taken.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Submitted Jason Donald Reynolds

March 2011 Jasons bio moms posts she submitted DNA.

MSM article dated March 8 2011 indicating DNA was submitted "less than 3 mo's ago".
http://www.vancnews.com/articles/2011/04/04/emporia/news/news8614.txt

Does anyone know when the actual DNA sample was taken? Was it November or March? Adding upward of 8 mo's to either I would think that puts us at July through November of this year for results?

ETA: according to the above MSM article DNA was submitted sometime in December of 2010. Adding 8 mo's that puts us to July/August 2011 for results -or about the time we'll be seeing back to school ads for the 2011/2012 school year.

Many thanks Cubby! :seeya: Nice to meet ya!

I actually misread this article. It states that DNA results take something like eight months to come back, but I thought the article said that at the time of its writing, the sample had been submitted six month's prior (and the article is now about two months old) which was why I was thinking it was about time.

Re-reading it I see it states the sample was submitted only three months prior, which would only put the waiting period around the five month mark if it is accurate.

Thanks for the time line, though! It is much appreciated!

Thanks Grifynne - I too missed that article and just skimmed the previous posts.

According to the article you linked dated March 8, 2011 - dna was taking just short of three mo's previously. So that puts DNA taken at mid December and we're about the 5 mo mark of the wait as you stated. For 8 mo's, I think this puts us at late summer or about the time we are inundated with back to school shopping ads for next school year. And yes, thinking about back to school seems like forever away...

I think I will update the timeline on the wait for quick review.

It seems so far off, but the summer has a funny way of slipping by so quickly. At least that seems to be the case the older I get! Thanks for updating that. I love time lines, they make it so much easier to digest some of the more confusing cases!

Does anyone know when the actual DNA sample was taken? Was it November or March? Adding upward of 8 mo's to either I would think that puts us at July through November of this year for results?

It was in mid-November, almost six months ago
=)

I just joined this site this afternoon, and I must be truthful I don't think I have left my couch other then to get something to drink or go to the bathroom. I have read many of the threads, and I just wanted to tell each and every one of you how wonderful you all are. I am glad to join this great community with you guys and help as much as I can.

After reading this thread I was almost teary eyed with how well you guys came together looking for the identification of this young man, knowing people still care about other people. You guys are great.....I'm glad to be here!

DNA was taken on 11/17/2010, to set the facts straight. I am hoping that I will hear something real soon. I am the biological mother. Thanks to all who are concerned. I will update everyone as soon as possible.

I am the biological mother. DNA was taken on 11/17/2010. Hoping to hear back something real soon. A big thanks goes out to all. I will update you as soon as I know something.

bumping. Thinking about Vicky and wondering if there are any updates.

Keeping you in our prayers Vicky.

Still no word on the DNA that was taken. Will keep everyone posted. Just tried calling the medical examiner and he was out for the day. Will call him tomorrow to see what progress has been made.

In a little less than 3 months it will be a year they've had the DNA. Hoping there is a response soon.

Here's hoping Julespa...I cannot imagine what everyone is going through...waiting yet again.

:bump:

Hoping for news soon. Keeping Jasons birth and adoptive family in my prayers while we are waiting.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain
Back