MT MT - Paul Batson, 45, Stillwater Co, 29 Apr 2018

We discussed this earlier and could not find any event(s) that would have made it difficult for Paul to locate a room in Bozeman. Belgrade and Livingston are not far from Bozeman so he could have stayed there as opposed to driving all the way to Reed Point.

Bozeman/Belgrade area has lots and lots of hotels. It will get pretty full on weekends during tourist season or Montana State University's graduation weekend, but even then there are usually still a few rooms available. I'd be surprised if that was a problem.

Search for missing Batavia man suspended in Montana due to 'lack of leads'
Sheriff's police in Montana said they have suspended the search for a 45-year-old Batavia man who is considered missing under suspicious circumstances after his vehicle was found in the south-central part of the state.
“The Paul Batson investigation has gone cold due to a lack of leads,” Sgt. Randy Smith of the Stillwater County Sheriff's Office said in an email to The Beacon-News. “We have not received any new leads as to his whereabouts but we will look into any that come in.”

Very sad. Paul, I hope you know that many people care about you and are hoping and praying for the very best for you and your family.

I don’t fault the police department for suspending the search. They have been fantastic and very good to the family. They’ve exhausted every avenue.

In my personal opinion, I believe that Paul is still alive. In my opinion, I believe he needed a time to reset and will surface when he’s ready. This is my hope. I also wish that he knew how much he is loved and missed back home. I wish there were a way to get that message to him!

I don’t fault the police department for suspending the search. They have been fantastic and very good to the family. They’ve exhausted every avenue.

In my personal opinion, I believe that Paul is still alive. In my opinion, I believe he needed a time to reset and will surface when he’s ready. This is my hope. I also wish that he knew how much he is loved and missed back home. I wish there were a way to get that message to him!
If he is out there, one day he will Google himself and see your message and all of the others who care. I hope he just needs a break and will check in with the police, if not his family directly.

@ThinkThinkThink... you still with us here?

Hi, AnaPisces! :) I'm still checking in, but I'm having the weirdest problem with my alert feed, so I can't see all the posts in two threads I've been on (including this one)... so I'm behind! It seems that something odd is happening, where the WS scanner thread is showing up in my alerts, and I'm getting re-directed from missing person thread comments to the scanner thread. I know, only me -- what a tech disaster, lol! I'm trying to fix it!

Oh, thank you, Carbuff! No, I didn't contact tech support yet, as I was thinking it's something I must have accidentally turned on, so I've been looking at my account to see if that's the case.

I'm not even on the scanner thread, so I'm pretty confused! I think I went on there (like 2-3 years ago) to see the posts related to a case, for only a few days, and that was it! So odd, lol

Sorry to bother the thread with this!

I look forward to looking at all the recent posts. I think Paul could be alive -- just is my gut feeling on this one. I think he could be someone who was just so overwhelmed by things he didn't want to express -- but hid it well -- and just didn't know how to tell anyone. I think there is a personality type that is so hard on themselves/afraid to disappoint that it's hard for them to face up to it, and I can see that type taking off under strain and stress. I don't think that about all these cases.

I have kind of the same feeling about Paul. He seems to have been at a rather difficult point in his life. I just hope he didn't fall into an accident or other trouble while he was trying to get his space to think.

(And even if it is a setting or something, the tech people should be able to help you find it.)

I have kind of the same feeling about Paul. He seems to have been at a rather difficult point in his life. I just hope he didn't fall into an accident or other trouble while he was trying to get his space to think.

(And even if it is a setting or something, the tech people should be able to help you find it.)

I know... I'm worried about that too, Carbuff. I wish we knew if the dogs picked up on his scent... whether he took off on foot down to the river -- or headed out to highway. Of course, I'm going off assuming he drove himself to that post office. I've always felt pretty gut-level that he did.

(no scanner thread alerts right now... it's almost like I just had to threaten to go get tech help to make it stop, lol)

I don't know if any family/friends are still viewing this thread... but a few things I think of IF this is voluntary missing:

-July 4 holiday upon us... would this this trigger Paul to reach out/go someplace special to him, as in associated with past celebrations/memories? I'd also think he'd be more apt to call a loved one on such days, so keep your cell phones close.
-He's a federal employee/postal worker, so we can pretty much eliminate him being able to find any official government work now... does he have other special skill-sets that he'd gravitate to, for work? (painter, carpenter, mechanic, etc)? Of course, he could be anywhere in this big world, but maybe think of very tiny towns (from his past) he may be comfortable, where news of him being missing wouldn't be nearly as likely to have been reached. Did he have a special fondness for particular regions/areas/towns?

To refresh your memory, we are a couple who live on Paul's mail route. We haven't had anything relevant to post in a while, but we read this thread daily. We appreciate everyone's input.

And thank you, MattJ, for posting information in this thread. We are sorry for what Paul's disappearance must be doing to your family.

Paul was a US Navy missile technician in the Gulf War. We are not aware of any other jobs he has held. It is our impression that he has worked for the USPS for a long time and that he has lived in various Chicago suburbs for a long time. There are no Chicago suburbs which would be considered a tiny town. The suburbs here are very built up, very close together. It's all one huge metropolitan area, including where Paul lives and works.

Not aware of any special significance that the 4th of July holds for him, but he is something of a Halloween decoration fanatic.

To refresh your memory, we are a couple who live on Paul's mail route. We haven't had anything relevant to post in a while, but we read this thread daily. We appreciate everyone's input.

And thank you, MattJ, for posting information in this thread. We are sorry for what Paul's disappearance must be doing to your family.

Paul was a US Navy missile technician in the Gulf War. We are not aware of any other jobs he has held. It is our impression that he has worked for the USPS for a long time and that he has lived in various Chicago suburbs for a long time. There are no Chicago suburbs which would be considered a tiny town. The suburbs here are very built up, very close together. It's all one huge metropolitan area, including where Paul lives and works.

Not aware of any special significance that the 4th of July holds for him, but he is something of a Halloween decoration fanatic.

Thank you so much for this information, randd. I know this is hard on everyone who knew him, so my empathy to those like you as well~I'm sure it continually plays on your heart and mind. I can't get to the previous pages to see MattJ's other posts, but anxious to see that, when I get these tech issues resolved.

Thanks again... really hoping for a good outcome with Paul.

. . . Bozeman police officials are still looking into Batson's finances:
Montana authorities call off search for missing Illinois man
Associated Press - Published 7:43 p.m. MT July 3, 2018
BILLINGS — Montana authorities have called off the search for a man from Illinois who has been missing since April.
[...]
Smith says Bozeman police officials are still looking into Batson's finances and that the sheriff's office will assist if new leads develop.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back