Found Deceased MT - Rebekah Barsotti 33, & dog (fnd deceased), Town Pump, Superior, Mineral Co, 20 Jul 2021 *Reward

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not received the 911 call recording or transcript after submitting my request under FOIA. I did receive an email asking me to fill out a form entitled Confidential Criminal Justice Information. But this isn't that and never has been. It's always been a river accident in the eyes of LE. I filled out the form and now I am waiting for another reply.

Montana Law says: A 9-1-1 call and its accompanying recorded dispatch record is clearly an “initial offense report” and therefore “public criminal justice information.” See, 42 Op. Att’y Gen. No. 119 (2004). There is nothing in the law granting greater protection to 9-1-1 tapes versus other public records. Like other public documents, they may be withheld only when the demand for individual privacy clearly exceeds the merit of public disclosure. For example, if the 9-1-1 call is for a health-related emergency for a private citizen, it may not be available for inspection.
Montana Freedom of Information | Public Records

I just feel like they hiding something. We don't believe there is an Oregon Family.

It's been recommended to the family to find a pro bono PI. How do we find a Pro Bono PI?

I don't know about a pro bono PI, but it seems many families in this situation open a Go Fund Me page to try and secure the funds to hire a PI. Not sure if this helps.

We have had 2 GoFund Me's . One is current. This is a good idea. However, DB is accusing Rebekah's mom of criminal profiteering because of the Go Fund Me accounts. His groupies are accusing her of making a career of her daughter missing. My sister is forced to search points of interest and dig earth for her daughter (all within the boundaries of the law) and no mother should ever have to do that. The hate and nastiness from DB and his crew is unimaginable. The lack of compassion and lack of desire to assist by LE is almost criminal in my opinion.

We have had 2 GoFund Me's . One is current. This is a good idea. However, DB is accusing Rebekah's mom of criminal profiteering because of the Go Fund Me accounts. His groupies are accusing her of making a career of her daughter missing. My sister is forced to search points of interest and dig earth for her daughter (all within the boundaries of the law) and no mother should ever have to do that. The hate and nastiness from DB and his crew is unimaginable. The lack of compassion and lack of desire to assist by LE is almost criminal in my opinion.

It is absolutely ridiculous that this state of affairs are allowed to continue. What is wrong with this people? If DB is innocent why does he bother to hurt and keep taunting your sister. Why can't he and is "crowd" let it go? Is he afraid certain things are going to be revealed, digging further into the case with professional help?

It is absolutely ridiculous that this state of affairs are allowed to continue. What is wrong with this people? If DB is innocent why does he bother to hurt and keep taunting your sister. Why can't he and is "crowd" let it go? Is he afraid certain things are going to be revealed, digging further into the case with professional help?

I believe it is the mentality of abuser maybe coupled with some fear.

@laurawlms, what can you tell us about DB's "caretakers". Apologies if this has already been covered upthread. Don't name names, I don't think that is allowed. Could they be a weak link?

@laurawlms, what can you tell us about DB's "caretakers". Apologies if this has already been covered upthread. Don't name names, I don't think that is allowed. Could they be a weak link?

Service provided by

Missoula Aging Services Missoula Aging Services - GuideStar Profile

POPULATION(S) SERVED
Adults, Seniors, Veterans

RELATED PROGRAM
Veteran-Directed Home and Community Based Services

TYPE OF METRIC
Outcome - describing the effects on people or issues

DIRECTION OF SUCCESS
Increasing

CONTEXT NOTES
The Veteran Directed Care program empowers qualified veterans in Missoula and Ravalli Counties to employ their own caretakers to help with daily needs, so they can continue to live in their own homes.

I'm curious about the demands to become a qualified veteran, because I remember reading somewhere he wasn't a "real" veteran. Also IMO you can't blame a person for doing a job. If the caretaker(s) is employed by DB himself you can ask questions about an independent attitude towards a client. But maybe she was, at random, assigned trough the agency. I think it's the latter, but I don't know. And of course you built up a (professional) relationship with a client.

Service provided by

POPULATION(S) SERVED

RELATED PROGRAM

TYPE OF METRIC

DIRECTION OF SUCCESS
Increasing

CONTEXT NOTES
The Veteran Directed Care program empowers qualified veterans in Missoula and Ravalli Counties to employ their own caretakers to help with daily needs, so they can continue to live in their own homes.

I'm curious about the demands to become a qualified veteran, because I remember reading somewhere he wasn't a "real" veteran. Also IMO you can't blame a person for doing a job. If the caretaker(s) is employed by DB himself you can ask questions about an independent attitude towards a client. But maybe she was, at random, assigned trough the agency. I think it's the latter, but I don't know. And of course you built up a (professional) relationship with a client.

I could be wrong, but I believe @laurawlms implied in her original post that his caretaker may not be a genuine/licensed caretaker. Maybe she'll weigh in tomorrow and clarify what she meant when she referred him/her as his "caretaker."

I don't know much about the caretakers (I understand there are two) other than the caretaker was the last to see Rebekah when she met her at the Town Pump to give Rebekah some personal belongings from the marital home. They are very vocal defending the estranged husband. Since the original posting on here the caretaker has provided information publicly on social media that suggested she was the estranged husband's alibi.

Service provided by

POPULATION(S) SERVED

RELATED PROGRAM

TYPE OF METRIC

DIRECTION OF SUCCESS
Increasing

CONTEXT NOTES

I believe these home health aids are minimum wage type home health aids. I don't know of any minimum wage home health aids that get as personally involved with their patient as these home health aids do. I'm not sure if getting in the middle of a division of personal property from the marital home is outlined in the job description. Looking at the caretaker's fb page it appears she works for the agency.

I could be wrong, but I believe @laurawlms implied in her original post that his caretaker may not be a genuine/licensed caretaker. Maybe she'll weigh in tomorrow and clarify what she meant when she referred him/her as his "caretaker."

This is what I said in my original post

"Rebekah went missing after meeting her estranged husband’s “caretaker” (better explanation on this below) at a gas station (Town Pump Superior, MT) for an exchange of Rebekah’s personal items from the marital home….

A man that once worked for the estranged husband when he owned TreadstoneConstruction Company has confirmed the estranged husband lived this military lie with different versions. The truth (from the employee) is the husband never completed Marine boot camp. He apparently was injured in training at bootcamp and discharged."

The caretaker in quotes because I don't believe the estranged husband needs one....at least not from military service. I've been told by a reliable source, any disabilities he has stem from other employment and recreational activities.

The caretaker is probably a caretaker...in my opinion and unethical one.

I am so sorry for what you are going through, laurawims. I don’t understand why this has been brushed off as an accident when it doesn’t look like one (two “accidents,” actually, including her dog).

I am so sorry for what you are going through, laurawims. I don’t understand why this has been brushed off as an accident when it doesn’t look like one (two “accidents,” actually, including her dog).

In my non-expert opinion, it may well have to do with 'strong family ties' and local politics on one side; Rebekah's family is from out-of-state. Just my speculation, after looking around a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BJarv