Found Deceased MT - Rebekah Barsotti 33, & dog (fnd deceased), Town Pump, Superior, Mineral Co, 20 Jul 2021 *Reward

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember reading early on there was a storm that moved through that afternoon, that could explain why Rebekah took off her sunglasses.
I checked the historic data for the area that day, and sure enough there was a storm there during the time Rebekah was there.

I remember reading early on there was a storm that moved through that afternoon, that could explain why Rebekah took off her sunglasses.
I checked the historic data for the area that day, and sure enough there was a storm there during the time Rebekah was there.

Can you post that link (of historic data) for Alberton, please. AM consulted with a weather tracker in Alberton and that person said there was no rain or storms in Alberton that day. Maybe Missoula had a storm but there was no record the weather tracker had to suggest a storm in Alberton.

Can you post that link (of historic data) for Alberton, please. AM consulted with a weather tracker in Alberton and that person said there was no rain or storms in Alberton that day. Maybe Missoula had a storm but there was no record the weather tracker had to suggest a storm in Alberton.
I went to get the link, and realized that when I went to Alberton, it actually kicked the historical data back to Missoula. It's too late for me to edit my comment. I've tried to grab the historical data for any station along 1-90 west of Missoula, because presumably the slow moving storm moved west to east, but since I can't verify that, then disregard.

Okay, so hopefully this helps, if you go to wunderground, then choose each weather station along the 1-90 corridor west of Missoula, it doesn't actually show the storm like the historical data for Missoula does (I'm assuming some of the smaller stations don't keep those additional records), but it does show the pressure change, the UV drop that indicates that indeed a storm did move through the area that afternoon.

Okay I found this website, that shows that it was mostly cloudy from 2-4 in Alberton on July 20, 2021. Dark Sky - Tuesday, Jul 20th, 2021

Okay, so hopefully this helps, if you go to wunderground, then choose each weather station along the 1-90 corridor west of Missoula, it doesn't actually show the storm like the historical data for Missoula does (I'm assuming some of the smaller stations don't keep those additional records), but it does show the pressure change, the UV drop that indicates that indeed a storm did move through the area that afternoon.

Okay I found this website, that shows that it was mostly cloudy from 2-4 in Alberton on July 20, 2021. Dark Sky - Tuesday, Jul 20th, 2021

Thank you.

<modsnip>

IMO, this is a case of reaching a conclusion of "accidental drowning" before finding evidence to fit the conclusion: aka, tunnel vision. There is no body. There are no eyewitnesses to an actual drowning of a human being, yet all other possibilities about why a person has gone missing have been dismissed. The conclusion came first. A dog drowned. No one witnessed that, either. Because a dog drowned, the dog's owner is assumed to have drowned, too. The domestic violence aspect of this case is inconvenient and irrelevant to the investigation.

We don't even know if Rebekah and Cerberus were seen on the Town Pump video, or just Rebekah's car. Every "fact" from that point forward could be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm not sure I'm reading that right but it shows almost 0 precipitation?

I'm not sure I'm reading that right but it shows almost 0 precipitation?
That’s correct. I don’t think there has been any reference to any rain that day, just that it stormed for a couple of hours.

I was just trying to understand why Rebekah would have taken off her sunglasses. If it was mostly cloudy, then it stands to reason she didn’t need them and put them aside while playing with her dog.

Just a small question. If a radio collar can be removed from a wolf, why can't an e-collar be removed from a dog?

Wow, that's an industrial-strength collar, it's been outdoors for 19 years and it looks to be impervious to the weather. Must be almost indestructible.
Where does it say the collar was removed from the wolf? Did someone remove it while it was decomposing because that is the comparison.
Dead wildlife animals are quickly consumed and skeletonized. Then the bones are scattered. The collar is left intact.
If they have left RB's dog on dry land, to finish decomposing, I guess the collar could have been retrieved. Of course, we have no idea what 6 days did to that collar.
How can an actively decomposing dog's collar be compared with a collar that isn't even on an animal?
It's already been said, the dog's collar had no GPS. I can't find an e-collar that collects data, but the information about RB's dog's collar was found in her home.

Here's an example of a person removing a wildlife collar from a bear.
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Seeks Information in Montana Grizzly Bear Killing and Removal of GPS Collar

Hello, First, my sincere, daily prayers go out to Rebekah, Cerberus, and all family and friends. We will never stop!

I am working with one of the SAR Drone teams, and with the assistance of a fellow OSINT Investigator / Data Analyst, who is also new to this thread, we are working various aspects of Rebekah’s case.

Regarding historical WX Data: 2021-JULY-20

1. Graphic 1 denotes location of WX Station (pin #16), 46.89 °N, 114.04 °W,
2. Graphic 2: Missoula, MT Weather History CHART at that location.

3. Graphic 3: Missoula, MT Weather History TABLE DATA for that location
4. Graphic 4: Downtown Alberton - KMTALBER2 PWS , 47.00 °N, 114.48 °W
5. Graphic 5: Downtown Alberton - KMTALBER2 PWS TABLE DATA for that location

32DB7ED1-F21D-4C7F-935B-D0B0D2D8C6B7.jpeg 013A0280-16F8-4A63-9526-C8D64743F70D.jpeg 3CAA078D-FD35-4E71-B550-404937251ECE.jpeg 23B46904-5DBA-44E8-9795-8FE95D60262B.jpeg 3F75DA00-713D-43BB-BD38-A3FD165667C4.jpeg

Reviewing WX data, and using the point of reference, pin #16, between 12:53PM - 01:53PM, WX conditions indicate approaching storm, winds WNW 9MPH no gusts to NNW 13MPH winds gusting to 20MPH, pressure ~ 27.7 in, thunder/light rain w thunder. Judging by the changing wind speeds/gusts, directions, and movement, and, depending on the FWD movement of the storm cell, size & intensity of the storm cell, and the topography of the areas, lightning produced by a storm cell can travel up to 10 miles away from a storm cell. If WX reported thunder, then there was lightning somewhere.

PWS location KMTALBER2, 25 miles NW of pin#16, WX data does not indicate change in WX conditions w/ pressure higher ~ 29.9 & stable.

Hello, First, my sincere, daily prayers go out to Rebekah, Cerberus, and all family and friends. We will never stop!

I am working with one of the SAR Drone teams, and with the assistance of a fellow OSINT Investigator / Data Analyst, who is also new to this thread, we are working various aspects of Rebekah’s case.

View attachment 331820 View attachment 331821 View attachment 331822 View attachment 331823 View attachment 331824

Reviewing WX data, and using the point of reference, pin #16, between 12:53PM - 01:53PM, WX conditions indicate approaching storm, winds WNW 9MPH no gusts to NNW 13MPH winds gusting to 20MPH, pressure ~ 27.7 in, thunder/light rain w thunder. Judging by the changing wind speeds/gusts, directions, and movement, and, depending on the FWD movement of the storm cell, size & intensity of the storm cell, and the topography of the areas, lightning produced by a storm cell can travel up to 10 miles away from a storm cell. If WX reported thunder, then there was lightning somewhere.

PWS location KMTALBER2, 25 miles NW of pin#16, WX data does not indicate change in WX conditions w/ pressure higher ~ 29.9 & stable.

Welcome to Websleuths @14MGh057 !! Thanks for bringing your expertise to the thread.

View attachment 331820 View attachment 331821 View attachment 331822 View attachment 331823 View attachment 331824

Thank you. I appreciate your expertise. Would the date you present suggest there was a storm in the area of the Alberton Rock around the time it is suggested Rebekah was there?

I have a question for any attorneys who have been following this case:

Could a wrongful death lawsuit be used to obtain depositions from DB, his caretakers and local LE? Or, would such a suit be thrown out before the deposition phase due to a lack of evidence? I have read about this strategy being used in other cases.

MOO

I have a question for any attorneys who have been following this case:

Could a wrongful death lawsuit be used to obtain depositions from DB, his caretakers and local LE? Or, would such a suit be thrown out before the deposition phase due to a lack of evidence? I have read about this strategy being used in other cases.

MOO

Great idea!

But, a wrongful death decision in the civil case did not cause the sheriff in San Diego to re-open the investigation of Rebecca Zahau's death. (Neither did Attorney General Kamala Harris -- apparently choosing to side with wealth over the investigation of the death of a female of a minority population.)

CA - Rebecca Zahau Wrongful Death Revisited 2019

What is the river floor like in this area, I know there is a fair amount of wooden debris lying around from sattelite view, is the sand soft? Any "quicksand"? Is there any particularly deep areas compared to the surrounding ground?

I was just reading about how a young woman drowned in this river after becoming dragged and pinned under a log

There was also a canoe related drowning in 2015

Extremely likely unrelated aswell but on the day she went missing 2 M18 Dromader fire bomber planes flew fairly low (8000ft) directly over the same section of river at 16:14

N9152X and N455TG
Probably worthless mentioning it but regardless

Last edited:
What is the river floor like in this area, I know there is a fair amount of wooden debris lying around from sattelite view, is the sand soft? Any "quicksand"? Is there any particularly deep areas compared to the surrounding ground?

I was just reading about how a young woman drowned in this river after becoming dragged and pinned under a log

Extremely likely unrelated aswell but on the day she went missing 2 M18 Dromader fire bomber planes flew fairly low (8000ft) directly over the same section of river at 16:14

N9152X and N455TG

@Kagie1 would be ale to help you with the river floor question.

There is an USCS gauge at Mt. Regis that has depth and flow rate information.

USGS Current Conditions for USGS 12354500 Clark Fork at St. Regis MT

Clark Fork at St. Regis MT

N9152X and N455TG

An excellent video of the river, thru Alberton.
Clark Fork River Whitewater | Alberton Gorge | Missoula, Montana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member