Found Deceased MT - Selina (Selena) Not Afraid, 16, I-90 rest area between Billings & Hardin, 1 Jan 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by JerseyGirl, Jan 2, 2020.

1. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Staff Member Staff Member Forum Coordinators

Selina Shelley Faye Not Afraid, 16, was last seen at a I-90 rest area between Billings and Hardin around 2 p.m. Wednesday.

Not Afraid is described as a five foot nine inches tall, 133 pound Native American female. She was last seen wearing a black coat, grey sweater, blue jeans, and grey ankle boots.

Not Afraid has a scar near her mouth and a tattoo of a cross on her middle finger.

Not Afraid left a disabled vehicle at the I-90 rest area at mile marker 474 between Billings and Hardin. She left a disabled vehicle at the rest area and was seen on foot walking into an adjacent field to get to the rest area, the release stated.

She is possibly intoxicated and not dressed for cold weather conditions.

[​IMG]

Selina Shelley Faye Not Afraid reported missing from I-90 rest area

Seattle1, melodyl, kimpage and 26 others like this.

2. JerseyGirl

3. ms_x_to_the_m

ms_x_to_the_m Well-Known Member

Oh no, she is still missing.
    If she wasn't dressed for the weather, I don't see this having a happy ending. Especially with the cold weather.
    I hope she was able to find somewhere to hide away from the cold.

4. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

Search continues Thursday for missing teen girl

BBM

I don't know the dynamics of the group she was with but why oh why would anyone leave two girls at a rest area ?

5. JerseyGirl

The Sheriff's office and other agencies including the Bureau of Indian Affairs and Crow Agency Tribal Police have launched a search from the rest stop. Officers and volunteers on horse, foot and ATV have combed nearby areas.

Not Afraid was last seen wearing a black coat, gray sweater, blue jeans and gray ankle boots. She is 5 foot and 9 inches tall and weighs 133 lbs. She has brown eyes and black hair. She has a scar near her mouth and a tattoo of a cross on her middle finger.

Search continues for missing girl in Bighorn County

6. JerseyGirl

The search for Big Horn County teen Selina Not Afraid was suspended at dark on Thursday night.

Not Afraid, 16, was riding in a van from Billings to Hardin on New Year’s Day.

The driver of the van fixed a mechanical problem.

The driver took off with three passengers, leaving Not Afraid and another woman behind because he was concerned the van would stall again.

That driver called his mother to pick up the woman and Not Afraid, who was not there.

The Big Horn County investigators want to hear from the two men and three women that were in the van with Not Afraid.

Three are from Billings, so the FBI and the Billings police will help with interviews.

Big Horn County Sheriff Pete Big Hai also said investigators searched the van and found “nothing suspicious.”

Update: Search suspended for night for teen missing in Big Horn County

7. JerseyGirl

Selina Shelley Faye Not Afraid was last seen at the eastbound Interstate 90 rest area between Billings and Hardin near mile marker 474 at 2 p.m. Wednesday. She left a disabled vehicle at the rest area and walked into a nearby field. She was possibly intoxicated and is not dressed for weather conditions.

The Sheriff's office and other agencies including the Bureau of Indian Affairs and Crow Agency Tribal Police have launched a search from the rest stop. Officers and volunteers on horse, foot and ATV have combed nearby areas.

8. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

This is so hard to read, especially as a grandmother myself to a young teen. Leaving on foot in the elements can't have a good outcome but miracles do happen. Praying for one.

9. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

Where is the other woman? This seems fishy as hell.

10. JerseyGirl

11. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

Article says she wasn't dressed for the weather and may have been intoxicated. Also, I think "truck stop" is a typo; the pictures show a rest area pullout.

Selena was supposedly last seen driving from Billings to Hardin in a van with five adults — two men and three women — on Wednesday. Selena was the only youth in the van, Big Hair said. She had been in Billings for a New Year's Eve party and gotten a ride the next day.

On the way to Hardin their van broke down at the truck stop, Big Hair said. Selena and a woman got out while the driver worked to start the van, according to the missing person's report.

When the van restarted, the driver was worried it would break down again and drove off without the girls. According to Big Hair, the woman with Selena had asked the driver to wait.

Hardin teen's disappearance looking 'suspicious' as search continues

Search continues for teen girl who went missing near rest stop between Hardin, Billings

watcher9, melodyl, HayLouise and 18 others like this.
  12. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

[​IMG]

1) The car broke down, then restarted.
    2) Four people left the rest stop in the vehicle, and the driver called a relative, who was also driving from Billings, to pick up Selina and a woman who were left behind at the rest stop.
    3) When the relative arrived, only the woman was at the rest stop. Selina had walked off into a nearby field.
    4) She was possibly intoxicated and is not dressed for weather conditions.

Selina was last seen at the eastbound Interstate 90 rest area between Billings and Hardin near mile marker 474, Fly Creek exit, at 2 p.m. Wednesday.

[​IMG]
    The Fly Creek rest area on I-90, pictured on Thursday.

“Some of their stories have been conflicting,” he said, of the people who were reportedly driving Selena to Hardin.
    Hardin teen's disappearance looking 'suspicious' as search continues

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
    watcher9, melodyl, kimpage and 29 others like this.
  13. katydid23

katydid23 Verified Juanette

What a frustrating case. Need to sit on my hands again, don't dare say what I'm thinking...

14. indicolite22

indicolite22 Well-Known Member

15. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

16. carbuff

17. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

Did she know the people in the van? If not, WTH hell is it with all these young girls going off with people they don’t know?

18. carbuff

It sounds to me like a loosely organized bunch of people from the Hardin area had driven into Billings together for a New Year's eve event, and they were all loosely acquainted/related. But that's just my extrapolation from the articles.

19. Bit of hope

Bit of hope Well-Known Member

OMG...this doesn't sound good. What a strange story...if she was there, where they said she and another girl excavated the van, she would have been found by now IMO. Why leave two girls on their own and drive of anyway?

20. Stunned

Stunned Well-Known Member

Not good! Not good at all.