GUILTY MT - Sherry Arnold, 43, Sidney, 7 Jan 2012 - #4

Well it does certainly appear as tho there is some divine intervention possibly illuminating the path directly to those who have been missing way too long..
(snip)
But yet here we are and suddenly it does look as though not ONE but TWO of our missing gals have been located back to back.. I pray that whatever is occurring that is subconsciously leading to these discoveries.. I pray to God that it continue to illuminate the paths to our loved ones missing and bringing it just one giant leap closer to receiving justice on behalf of their lives being stolen from them..
(snip)
Snipped for space...

In my deep secret heart, I think it's Tfro. She's over on the other side, talking to the souls of those who she has longed to help, and she is helping guide those who can discover the bodies, so that those who've been lost, who's beautiful lives have been cut short, can find a resting place, and their murderers brought to justice.

Best-
Herding Cats

I try to have compassion for people but 'I got nothing here'; sounds like the father is trying to set up a 'diminished capacity' defense. E. Dawsoni, is that a defense in ND courts? thanx

Michael Spell had found past work in the oil fields near Parachute and on a fire damage cleanup crew, but was unable to keep the jobs "because he didn't quite understand what to do," Harry Spell said.

"He might be 22 years old, but he has an education less than a kindergartner," Harry Spell said.

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/sh...394-11e1-a509-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1po1lrnCt

I try to have compassion for people but 'I got nothing here'; sounds like the father is trying to set up a 'diminished capacity' defense. E. Dawsoni, is that a defense in ND courts? thanx

Michael Spell had found past work in the oil fields near Parachute and on a fire damage cleanup crew, but was unable to keep the jobs "because he didn't quite understand what to do," Harry Spell said.

"He might be 22 years old, but he has an education less than a kindergartner," Harry Spell said.

Read more: http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/sh...394-11e1-a509-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz1po1lrnCt

They tried to use diminished capacity in the Alphonso Rodriguez case (kidnapping-murder across state line) and it didn't fly. He still gets the needle. In Federal court diminished capacity will only result in a lighter sentience.

North Dakota is basically "is the guy competent enough to understand his trial?" It does not matter what the education level might be, someone can be totally illiterate but still completely competent. So daddy claims his son has an education of less than kindergarten? Whose fault is that??? If Spell was doing badly in school he would have at some point likely had an IEP, with a parent present.

Spell has already had his trials in Colorado delayed due to psych evaluations. But whatever they found in his head, it didn't get him off the hook. He was supposed to be in Court in Colorado but talked his way out of it. Had he been found defective in any way we would have heard about it by now.

Snipped for space...

In my deep secret heart, I think it's Tfro. She's over on the other side, talking to the souls of those who she has longed to help, and she is helping guide those who can discover the bodies, so that those who've been lost, who's beautiful lives have been cut short, can find a resting place, and their murderers brought to justice.

Best-
Herding Cats

What a beautiful thought! Tfro is a Guardian Angel for Websleuths!:angel:

.So glad to read this news. Was just talking to a friend about this case ... surprised that she was actually buried since I really thought ground way too frozen. Prayers to all SA's family and friends

I am very relieved they have finally found Sherry. I have been praying this spring for all the missing I can remember, from a list that keeps growing. As for compassion for Spell, I guess I do feel a nod of thanks in his direction that he confessed and his confession eventually led to her body, and some amount of peace for her family, that at least she can be laid to rest. As to any additional mercies he should be granted, let a jury of Sherry's friends, students, and her family's peers decide on that.

There are certain to be horrors still to follow, though, I am sure. Out of respect for her family, some of the details of her kidnapping and murder are certainly being kept out of the press. Honestly, that used to bother me so much -- when I could never answer the "why" to my satisfaction -- but the recent horrific details emerging from the Tori Stafford trial are breaking my heart. I was a big proponent of the hit-and-run theory early on, but now that the other details have been proven true, well, we can be certain she wasn't just kidnapped and choked to death. Her clothes were removed -- no logical reason for that, if not sexual assault. I now believe she suffered horrors no woman should have to live through, and then was killed. From one of the articles, the Williston authorities have scoured the landfill for Sherry's clothes and other evidence, but haven't found any. Hopefully the absence of any clothing from her body will be enough for a Montana jury. It would be enough for me.

As to Spell's mental acuity ... intelligence and education are not prerequisites for convicted murderers. His confession indicates he knew right from wrong, at the time of the crime and the time of the confession. If his family was so worried about his inability to function in the world, they really should have kept a better eye on him when he was home and if they knew he was headed to Montana under false pretenses, they should have called bull*&#& to the judge right then and there -- hard love that could have saved a life. If they knew about that deception, then they bear some responsibility for what happened to Sherry. IMO.

.So glad to read this news. Was just talking to a friend about this case ... surprised that she was actually buried since I really thought ground way too frozen. Prayers to all SA's family and friends

That surprised me too. I had been attempting yard work that week and my ground was solid. My brother had tried to dig some gravel at our old gravel pit near Williston and had the same luck I had.

I briefly worked in the oilfield back in the 80s but lost my job because I didn't quite understand what to do. I have degrees in psychology and special education.

I do hope that someone charges Harry Spell and the others who were trying to facilitate his escape. His excuses are so very lame.

Did LE say how she was found, if this is in fact her, which seems to be the case?

Did LE say how she was found, if this is in fact her, which seems to be the case?

If they were not certain it was her they would not have made the announcement. Her body has been sent away for positive identification. That will probably take a day or two.

They said she was found this morning following an all night search. Apperently they had finally been able to determine the area where her body had been hidden, then started working a specific area.

So happy she was found (most likely). In a horrible situation I am sure it means so much to be able to say goodbye to her properly.

That surprised me too. I had been attempting yard work that week and my ground was solid. My brother had tried to dig some gravel at our old gravel pit near Williston and had the same luck I had.

Well, don't forget that according to Spell, they had been doing meth.

Have you ever seen meth users on a roll? They can be incredibly strong when tweaking and they just don't get tired until the meth wears out. Plus, many of them become obsessive about a task or goal; they just can't quit long after a normal person would have walked away.

I think it's likely to be her. She'd had cancer of the lower leg bone, had part of the bone removed, then had a bridle procedure to correct the resulting foot drop.

Not to be too gruesome but that leg would be pretty distinctive.

Well it does certainly appear as tho there is some divine intervention possibly illuminating the path directly to those who have been missing way too long.. of course if even just for a day that a loved one is missing is far too long but here with Sherry its been painfully longth months.. and My God with our precious Hailey Dunn its been well over an entire year... more than way too long to go missing.. lost.. seemingly vanished almost without a trace...

But yet here we are and suddenly it does look as though not ONE but TWO of our missing gals have been located back to back.. I pray that whatever is occurring that is subconsciously leading to these discoveries.. I pray to God that it continue to illuminate the paths to our loved ones missing and bringing it just one giant leap closer to receiving justice on behalf of their lives being stolen from them..

My heart is hurting deeply for Desiree today(Kyron Horman's mom) and I think why not her today? Why not her son being found today? Why not her sadly having the confirmation and solace of KNOWING where her baby boy is tonight and being able draw a peace in that knowing and having control to lay her baby boy to rest the way she so sees fitting.. why? .. why not? ..

The answers I do not have but I will do all I can in continuing to fervently pray that God allows whatever it is to illuminate the path straight to these missing precious and innocent children such as Kyron amongst the so very many others.. My heart hurts for those just like Desiree and I too wonder, why not Kyron today?

God please continue allowing all of these precious loved ones to be found.. Light the path leading straight to each of them..

As for those like Terri Moulton Horman ..why not her? ..because not only would Kyrons being found bring about such needed closure.. solace.. and a peace for those like Desiree and Kaine .. it would also bring about overdue karma making her way into the smack dab middle of Terri's wretched life.. its coming Terri.. that I promise you..

ARNOLD'S YOU ARE IN OUR CONTINUED PRAYERS AS YOU BEGIN THE PAINSTAKING TASK OF LAYING SHERRY TO REST AND BEGINNING TO ACTUALLY GRIEVE THE LOSS OF HER BEAUTIFUL LIFE..

That was well said, thank you...

I briefly worked in the oilfield back in the 80s but lost my job because I didn't quite understand what to do. I have degrees in psychology and special education.

I do hope that someone charges Harry Spell and the others who were trying to facilitate his escape. His excuses are so very lame.

I would like to see that, as well. The father appears to be the ultimate enabler, instead of letting Michael take the punishment, when necessary, he covers for him.

I'm still curious about the Rapid City connection, do the Spells have family or friends there? For someone from Parachute to head to Rapid after a crime, rather than Denver or SLC, doesn't make sense to me. Rapid is too small compared to the other places. I'm trying to make sense of something that is senseless. :(

ot: Everytime I see your link to Annie Mae it makes me feel good to see she is not forgotten.

:rose: R.I.P. Sherry :rose:

This case was so terribly sad! Sherry literally was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I am so very sad for her family, her friends, and her students.

I am glad that they found her body and she can be properly laid to rest. Her family can now go to the cemetary to pay their respects; they can have a proper funeral for her.

Also, with the body, we have a much greater chance that there will be NO way that these two will get away with this. I am very proud of LE in this case.

I am so glad to hear this. Maybe this family can now find some sort of closure.

My thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DirtDiva
Back