My guess on who they are and why no one is looking for them

Discussion in 'Mystery couple murdered South Carolina 1976' started by UncoolNegated, Oct 1, 2011.

1. chatnoir84

chatnoir84 Amateur Sleuth

The couple looks South American, either Argentinians or Chileans. Surprised no one has come forward to claim them. Truly sad.

2. Stella

Stella Well-Known Member

Are there ANY photos of Cesar Lugones without his glasses? The male victim has extremely full bushy eyebrows so that makes it hard for comparison purposes since Lugones eyebrows are always hidden behind his glasses.

3. Trino

Trino Well-Known Member

History tells us the hippie lifestyle was in the 1960's, but in the 1970's there were still people "touring" the US in vans, hitch-hiking. (In the early 70's I was a van girl, and, yes, I have hitch-hiked.) My guess is this couple was from another country and were trying to see the US on their terms. It's been so long - doubt they will ever be identified, and no killer will be found. The only thing we can hope is the killer(s) has/have spent his/her life in agony over what was done.

Triss likes this.
  4. Sweeper25

Sweeper25 New Member

I
    agree here. I think the females look very similar but I haven't found enough evidence of the males looking alike. He seems to always have these large glasses on and this wasn't a time where contacts were totally an "in" thing to change your appearance. Yes, I'm sure with governmental help it could be done but I just can't say with any certainty that the males look similar.

Laughing and Triss like this.