My son is being bullied

Ok! here is my 2 cents.. When my son was in 6th grade he was being picked on. Son didn't like going to school because of this. So one day I went to pick him and his cousins up after school. First person in my car was my niece. She pointed out a boy surrounded by a bunch of other kids and said to me "that's the one who bullies my son. Well, seeing that my son wasn't in the car yet. I got out to confront this bully. I walk right into this little circle (with an attitude purpose) with him in the middle, got right up and pointed my finger in his face and said are you Michael Kea?
He looked up at me quite meekie and softly said yes.

Then I said so you're the one my son keeps telling me about! You know I'm so glad to finally meet you. My son Eddie is always telling me that he wishes you were his brother! Cause you are so strong, smart and popular. I just had to come and meet. I turned around and went back to my car. I never touched or mentioned bullying to this kid. I never heard this kid ever again messed with my son. :) I did what I had to do...

Well yesterday I had a cashier at a grocery store belittle me in front of my daughter. I was able to just let it roll off me. I was buying an OdWalla Smoothie and I told her not to put it in the bag because we were going to drink it. The cashier was immature and said, "haha, you said Ebola!" (I'm positive and so is my daughter that I didn't and that the clerk misheard me), but I just let it go and said, "that's what I meant to say" and left. I told my daughter as soon as we were out of the store how low-class and immature this woman was to have fun at my expense, even if I had misprounounced it, which I hadn't, but it wasn't worth arguing with her about.

Well yesterday I had a cashier at a grocery store belittle me in front of my daughter. I was able to just let it roll off me. I was buying an OdWalla Smoothie and I told her not to put it in the bag because we were going to drink it. The cashier was immature and said, "haha, you said Ebola!" (I'm positive and so is my daughter that I didn't and that the clerk misheard me), but I just let it go and said, "that's what I meant to say" and left. I told my daughter as soon as we were out of the store how low-class and immature this woman was to have fun at my expense, even if I had misprounounced it, which I hadn't, but it wasn't worth arguing with her about.
I never would have considered this bullying...I thought that was just life lol. There's always going to be people like that around but you choose how this could have effected you and you obviously made the right choice. Sometimes I just like to smile and nod and let people like this look exactly like the kind of people they are. Works well haha

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Ok! here is my 2 cents.. When my son was in 6th grade he was being picked on. Son didn't like going to school because of this. So one day I went to pick him and his cousins up after school. First person in my car was my niece. She pointed out a boy surrounded by a bunch of other kids and said to me "that's the one who bullies my son. Well, seeing that my son wasn't in the car yet. I got out to confront this bully. I walk right into this little circle (with an attitude purpose) with him in the middle, got right up and pointed my finger in his face and said are you Michael Kea?
He looked up at me quite meekie and softly said yes.

Then I said so you're the one my son keeps telling me about! You know I'm so glad to finally meet you. My son Eddie is always telling me that he wishes you were his brother! Cause you are so strong, smart and popular. I just had to come and meet. I turned around and went back to my car. I never touched or mentioned bullying to this kid. I never heard this kid ever again messed with my son. :) I did what I had to do...

LOVE THIS!!! I have used this approach also and it is amazing how it works. Bravo to you for handling the situation this way.

Maybe she was just being lighthearted and joking?

If you were deeply offended by something like that I think it would be more productive to look inward and ask why that was the case. Your signature says "I'm also unapologetically judgemental", and that may be the problem. Work on that and you may find life to be a lot more mellow and stress free when it comes to interactions with other people.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back