Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
No kidding.:clap::clap::clap:

phenolred, I have been trying to follow this thread, and I did try to pursue some of your leads about the guy who was involved in sportscar racing, who is wanted for killing his wife on their boat. I tried to do a little bit of tracing about the boat. He seems like a very possible suspect in the murders of these two young people. He also seems like a very ruthless murderer on the loose. Very scary person. I was wondering what your thoughts were about this guy, after all of the research you have done?

Thank you MaryBeth

You know I was looking at the crime scene pics again, and something is strange about the bullet wound on His neck. the blood is running upwards across his neck. Blood doesnt flow when your dead but it is odd blood wouldnt go up and over.

I studied them again but I just can't figure it out...hers looks like it is going across her neck too though much lighter than his. But I'm stumped about those wounds under their chins....clueless like I am over just about EVERYTHING involving this case...:confused:

I was thinking the reason she looks wider in the face in the one pic is because she is laying flat on her back with her chin downward which would make you look wider/thicker. I think this is the best pic of what she looked like andI put some hair styles on her and makeup in one of them...

Ps I had thought about her ear maybe being damaged by the bullet that went under her chin.

anyway here is my shot at the pics

Awesome PR - thank you! I think long, straight hair would have been about right for the time period. I am totally clueless about the effects of gunshot wounds - so I really can't venture a guess with regard to that. However, I do believe that her eyes and teeth are well represented in the post-mortem photos. As far as ethnicity goes, the USA is a melting pot, so I'm not sure we should focus specifically on that. However, there are definitely physical characteristics we should look at if we hope to identify these kids.

Does anyone have the PM photos saved? I can't access that article anymore.... :(

I apologise is this has already been asked but has there been any coverage given to this case in US and Canadian (including French Canadian) medical journals? If John Doe's father was a doctor he may not have been among those contacted or another doctor may recognise a fellow doctor's son. If John Doe had no family in the medical profession perhaps a doctor could recognise a former patient who may have come for travel shots?

This might help...
Spoke to Verna twice yesterday (lucky me!!). One of the questions I asked her was if the investigators had determined the Does were killed where they were found. She said the investigators think they were shot in the vehicle, then dumped on the side of the road, then shot again where they lay. They were found face-up (that was another question of mine). Hope this helps!

I wanted to post a couple more of my attempts at Jane Doe pics I actually like these better

Attachments

• janedoehar.jpg
    janedoehar.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 82
  • janefavorite.jpg
    janefavorite.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 191
  • janeglass.jpg
    janeglass.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 74
  • collagejane.jpg
    collagejane.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 73
  • ja.jpg
    ja.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 80
Those are very good, too, Phenolred. It really gives you a better idea what she looked like in life.

Her hair looks black/dark and curly to me in pics....are my eyes deceiving me?

here is one with darker wavier hair for ya

IDK christine it just states she had brown hair

Attachments

• janedark.jpg
    janedark.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 75
Those are very good, too, Phenolred. It really gives you a better idea what she looked like in life.

Thank you

I really like this one I think they bring her to like so to speak

attachment.php

I found some interesting info from a local around where they were found murdered regarding the place possibly being haunted :eek:

Where the couple was found murdered is a really creepy site and there is a real sense of dread there.Some locals have said that they have seen a couple standing
near this site late at night when they drive by the site but most locals old enough to remember the murders do not want to talk about it.Maybe it is because the murderer never has been found and it could have been a person nearby who killed the couple

I apologise is this has already been asked but has there been any coverage given to this case in US and Canadian (including French Canadian) medical journals? If John Doe's father was a doctor he may not have been among those contacted or another doctor may recognise a fellow doctor's son. If John Doe had no family in the medical profession perhaps a doctor could recognise a former patient who may have come for travel shots?
Good Thought however I dont know maybe someone else could find out or suggest that I think They posted their info in Dental Journals

Here is my attempt at JOHN DOE

Attachments

• jockcollage.jpg
    jockcollage.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 78
  • jock&jane.jpg
    jock&jane.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 74
  • Clipboard.jpg
    Clipboard.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 73
Here is one of the crime scene pics that I was talking about where it looks like the blood is going up and over the opposite way from the way his head is turned

its interesting how the investagators think they were possibly shot in their car or and then it looks like drug out layed by the side of the road and shot again for good measure under the chin....

Attachments

• jan.jpg
    jan.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 148
  • joh.jpg
    joh.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 141
http://www.theitem.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080809/ITNEWS01/997748564

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Article published: Aug 9, 2008[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Crime still unsolved[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Identities, closure elusive 32 years after couple’s slaying[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Thirty two years ago today, the bodies of a young couple were found lying on the shoulder of Locklair Road, a dirt road between Interstate 95 and S.C. 341, near the Florence County line. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]The man and woman, thought to be in their late teens to early 20s, had been shot to death with a .357 Magnum, two bullets to the body and an insurance round under the chin for each. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Young. Attractive. Unknown. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]Despite desperate efforts from local law enforcement and Coroner Verna Moore, who worked the scene as deputy coroner, authorities are no closer to solving the mystery than they were on Aug. 9, 1976. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica][/FONT]
[/FONT]

awesome story....I just makes me so mad that the tip wasnt followed up on back when they still had records of the people that stayed at the campground. Its like the LE didnt care if they were identified or not....why wouldnt they have JUMPED on that TIP...sounds like it was the ONLY legitimate tip that ever really came in. I wonder if Mr Batsons wife has anymore details she could share.

its like Karma that everytime something came up to get these two identified something would happen to prevent it strange....

I found this it list info from Canada people studying teaching this one is from 1973-1974 they also have other dates.....
directory of Education studies

http://eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/cu...&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=ED100034

This sixth edition of the "Directory of Education Studies in Canada" lists education studies completed from July 1973 through June 1974. These studies were done by graduate students and staff in university faculties of education, provincial departments of education, school boards, education associations, and other departments. The 1,415 entries are indexed by author and subject and reported in the original language, English or French. Where possible, details concerning the publication of studies are given. Most unpublished studies are available from the source or on interlibrary loan; none is available from the Canadian Education Association office. (Author/DW)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member