Mystery couple murdered in South Carolina, 1976 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sad this case remains unsolved since 1976....
Unfortunately I think they'll never solve these two murders...
Wikipedia says a man was arrested in 1977 because he was driving under influence. He has a revolver. They test fired the revolver and found out it was the weapon used to kill them...
Incredible to believe they did not charge that man :confused: (Wikipedia says they didn't charge the man because of "insufficient evidence" :rolleyes::rolleyes:)
I don't know if he was the man who pulled the trigger but he was involved in the murder...he has something to do with the murders (you can't have a murder weapon by chance...). Maybe he helped the killer who knows...
Probably somebody who had power made sure this case would go cold....

Wikipedia says a man was arrested in 1977 because he was driving under influence. He has a revolver. They test fired the revolver and found out it was the weapon used to kill them...
Incredible to believe they did not charge that man :confused: (Wikipedia says they didn't charge the man because of "insufficient evidence" :rolleyes::rolleyes:)
I don't know if he was the man who pulled the trigger but he was involved in the murder...he has something to do with the murders (you can't have a murder weapon by chance...). Maybe he helped the killer who knows...

And this guy is a felon, illegal in South Carolina for him to be in possession of any firearm, let alone an altered firearm.

Just one of many, many questions....

JMHO YMMV LRR

I agree these murders will probably never be solved but it is possible the victims could be identified. I also agree that someone could have made this case hard to solve. I think it is probably a cover up atleast at the family level possibly extending into local law enforcement. It could still be a random crime, carjacking, robbery, etc, or something more. How many times have we seen random crimes get covered up? It happens all the time, especially when it involves a member of a prominent family. If a cover up is the case then it's very likely that George Henry was nothing more than a willing participant. He may have agreed to have the suspicion cast off on him knowing he had an alibi and could for the most part pass a polygraph.

I see these two are one step closer to being identified! Hopefully! I had never heard of it until a few days ago and have been researching non stop! Such a sad one :( I found a few possible matches (most that have connections to a possible suspect). In any case, I saw there were 6 threads and I scanned through as much as I could, but figured someone who has been following for awhile might know off hand, if there is a comprehensive rule out list?

Thanks!
•MMcG•

I see these two are one step closer to being identified! Hopefully! I had never heard of it until a few days ago and have been researching non stop! Such a sad one :( I found a few possible matches (most that have connections to a possible suspect). In any case, I saw there were 6 threads and I scanned through as much as I could, but figured someone who has been following for awhile might know off hand, if there is a comprehensive rule out list?

Thanks!
•MMcG•
Here's a rule-out list I compiled not so long ago:
(For Jacques)
John Michael McMinn
Jacques Henry Guy Bellchambers
Brian Guberman
Ronald Paul Yakimchuk

(For Jane)
Rebecca Abbot Doisy
Cordelia McMinn
Sylvie Ouimet
Theresa Anne Pettit
Debra Ann Wilhite

Here's a rule-out list I compiled not so long ago:
(For Jacques)
John Michael McMinn
Jacques Henry Guy Bellchambers
Brian Guberman
Ronald Paul Yakimchuk

(For Jane)
Rebecca Abbot Doisy
Cordelia McMinn
Sylvie Ouimet
Theresa Anne Pettit
Debra Ann Wilhite

THANK YOU!! None of the ones I found are listed, so I’ll put together a list and just post here to see what y’all might think!

•MMcG•

I could continue to research for weeks... so I’ll just list the few I’m most focused on along with some links I’ve found along the way!
These are a few that stand out the most...

“JANE DOE”

•Lynn Ruth Connes - I saw her mentioned previously, but I think the resemblance is uncanny. Including the teeth
Lynn Ruth Connes – The Charley Project

“JOCK DOE”

•Steve Lewis Arrowood Jr. - a bit of a reach, but the circumstances add up and resemblance there
http://charleyproject.org/case/steve-lewis-arrowood-j

•James Robert Dougherty Farenthold - This one seems VERY far off, and by what is listed on all his profiles, it is! But I had to do a little digging, and once I read further into his history it doesn’t seem impossible! I’m still looking, but I’ll just leave here the things I’ve come across. Maybe I’m seeing something that isn’t there. *I would like to note that I found a relative (I guess it could be him if he has been found and never reported) by the name of “Jimmy P. Farenthold”.
James Robert Dougherty Farenthold – The Charley Project

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-blood-of-the-farentholds/amp/

Interlock

(If you google the entire MPs name there will be several more articles, particularly family tree and ancestry related ones, that are quite interesting as well)

- back down the rabbit hole!
•MMcG•

I could continue to research for weeks... so I’ll just list the few I’m most focused on along with some links I’ve found along the way!

“JANE DOE”

•Lynn Ruth Connes - I saw her mentioned previously, but I think the resemblance is uncanny. Including the teeth

“JOCK DOE”

•Steve Lewis Arrowood Jr. - a bit of a reach, but the circumstances add up and resemblance there

•James Robert Dougherty Farenthold - This one seems VERY far off, and by what is listed on all his profiles, it is! But I had to do a little digging, and once I read further into his history it doesn’t seem impossible! I’m still looking, but I’ll just leave here the things I’ve come across. Maybe I’m seeing something that isn’t there. *I would like to note that I found a relative (I guess it could be him if he has been found and never reported) by the name of “Jimmy P. Farenthold”.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-blood-of-the-farentholds/amp/

Interlock

(If you google the entire MPs name there will be several more articles, particularly family tree and ancestry related ones, that are quite interesting as well)

•MMcG•
Mentioned your post on Lynn C's thread..
CA - CA - Lynn Connes, 20, Berkeley, 20, May 1976
Also on this thread..
NC - NC - Steve Lewis Arrowood Jr., 18, Gastonia, 3 April 1975

Last edited:
I thought listed this one on my other post, but I think I was too caught up in Mr.Farenthold...

•Sylvia Alice Lwowski - I have compared the postmortems/reconstructions of UP with those of Sylvia’s and I can’t find many differences. There isn’t much information about her identifiers but from at least one of the photos, I can see what looks like a mole in the same spot as UP’s. Height/weight/age/hair & eye color all match up. The circumstances of her disappearance allow for an explanation in time/distance gap...
Only problem I found was that I couldn’t find anything on her or her “fiancé” (Charles Joseph Cirronella). And neither one is on the others rule out list....
Sylvia Alice Lwowski – The Charley Project

JMOO :)
•MMcG•

ETA: link

And this guy is a felon, illegal in South Carolina for him to be in possession of any firearm, let alone an altered firearm.

Just one of many, many questions....

JMHO YMMV LRR
For someone to get this kind of treatment, it’s not outside the realm of possibility that he was an informant.
I don’t understand why someone uses a weapon in a homicide and does not melt it down or otherwise destroy it.

“JANE DOE”

“JOCK DOE”

Interlock

•MMcG•

I think most of us believe that these unidentified people are probably not in a database but hey you never know and it's good to see someone trying.
I can't seem to get this one off my mind. I know eight years is a long time but after forty three years eight becomes smaller. If it was just a little less I would submit it but keep up the good work you never know what might turn up.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I think most of us believe that these unidentified people are probably not in a database but hey you never know and it's good to see someone trying.
I can't seem to get this one off my mind. I know eight years is a long time but after forty three years eight becomes smaller. If it was just a little less I would submit it but keep up the good work you never know what might turn up.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Thank you for the feedback! I’m almost glad I didn’t come across this one sooner, I think it would have consumed me! It’s quite puzzling and I sure hope they get their names back soon! You’re right, forty three years is a long time.

Thank you as well! It always makes me happy to see others still fighting for these victims! Even after 43 years. Someone will turn over the right stone eventually. :)

•MMcG•

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member