Mystery Surrounds Malibu Creek State Park Shooting Death Of Tristan Beaudette, 35

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Wire154a, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. creepcrusher

creepcrusher ✭Lifetime WILD BOAR Fan✭ Oink Oink ⚽️

Yes. That's what I mean. I'm not seeing that sense of panic. Maybe it's someone close to him or maybe there is someone the family suspects.

2. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

I'm just throwing it out there, that's what we do here. I'm not saying it's absolute or betting my house on it. Many other theories were already posted, so I merely posted a different possibility. I could be just as suspicious about the other adult family member he was camping with.

3. bluesneakers

bluesneakers not today satan

Same! From now on every potential camping location will be thoroughly googled first.

4. bluesneakers

5. Hatfield

Hatfield Well-Known Member

JMO
    Just hearing about this sad case. Im wondering if maybe an accidental gun discharge.

If victim only has one gunshot wound then I think its possible that it could have been an accident in the close quarters of a tent someone rolled over on a weapon and somehow the trigger got pulled.

The article is not clear about if victim was hit with more than one shot or not. Im also not clear if there were a witness hearing more than one shot or not.

If a witness heard multiple shots then I would have to lean towards a purposeful killing rather than accident. If only one shot heard and victim only hit by one shot then accident is possible to me.

6. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

I read about half of them and they are pretty much all conspiracy theories and straight out fanciful speculation.

7. PaperDoll

PaperDoll When I'm Silent, I make the most sense

Some of the news reports say that he was shot inside the tent with his 2 daughters and they were unharmed. I wonder if they knew who did this? Wonder if they were sleeping at the time. It's hard for me to believe that someone would randomly pick a tent to shoot someone. Maybe there was a scuffle between TB and the killer earlier and the killer decided to come back and shoot TB????? Just trying to figure this out because it seems so odd...

neesaki, GarAndTeed, SuziQ and 5 others like this.
  8. Wire154a

Wire154a Former Member

Malibu Creek State Park shooting: Man killed while camping with daughters in California - CNN
    --
    "We are not investigating this as a suicide at this point," Detective Rodney Moore of the sheriff's department said.
    --
    Detectives said they are working with family members to try to arrange for forensic investigators who specialize in interviewing small children to speak with the daughters.
    --
    Investigators look at earlier shootings near where father was killed inside tent at state park - L.A. Times
    --
    Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Lt. Rodney Moore said that investigators are sifting through evidence from the scene for leads. “The theory we are working with is he was shot inside the tent,” Moore said. “The children were inside the tent too."
    --

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  9. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

Those poor babies :(

10. Gardenista

Gardenista On Time Out

Hope they checked the BIL for gunshot residue.

11. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. When I scrolled down the first two or three comments were hinting at a motive related to his work. I'm not able to open the link now *gaa!* I will try again ...

Edit: got it to open. It's among the first five comments or so, by someone initial P and someone with initials RS. As someone said above, conspiracy theories.

12. charminglane

charminglane Helcat!

13. Elainera

If there was an incident prior to the shooting surely the other family member (bil was rumored) would know about it and have told LE?

This one baffles me :confused:

14. Elainera

This article says:

"CBS Los Angeles reports that police have no suspect or motive."
    Scientist Shot Dead While Camping With Girls, 2 and 4

Why did they shut down the campground? Looking for possible evidence?

15. always reading

always reading Well-Known Member

The victim was inside a tent with his 2- and 4-year-old daughters when he was shot in his upper torso, L.A. County Sheriff's Department Lt. Rodney Moore told KTLA .

Deputies responded to a call about shots fired around 4:44 a.m. on Friday, the lieutenant added.

While the victim was pronounced dead at the scene, officers found the girls without any injuries, Moore said.
    Father Fatally Shot While Camping With Daughters at Malibu Creek State Park ID’d

kirkassoc, HayLouise, Amonet and 7 others like this.
  16. gitana1

gitana1 Verified Attorney

Ah! I see what you're saying. Although I don't know that Occam's razor would say it's a suicide, because if kids are present in such close range, the suicidal parent usually kills them, rather than leaving them at a campground. I don;t know that I've ever seen a case like that where dependent kids are left to their own devices outside a home while the parent offs themselves, you know?

17. gitana1

With that many people I hope someone saw something. Although it was very early.

18. MaryG12

MaryG12 Well-Known Member

What is the surrounding area of this park like? Residential? If so, is it a good neighborhood, bad neighborhood?

Any gang activity that takes place nearby?

janewall, Amonet, crhedBngr and 3 others like this.
  19. gitana1

I think the girls were with him because the reports were that they witnessed it. :(

20. bluesneakers

I was thinking you are more likely to kill yourself than be killed by someone else, and the odds against young children knowing how to use a firearm. (This was based on the "the gun was already in the tent" premise which I'm not sure is correct anyway.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.