Myth Busters & Facts **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**

Casey Anthony crime scene where Caylee was found released 5 March 09

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4787465...ne-where-Caylee-was-found-released-5-March-09

Page 2 of report, bates #3811, page 10 of pdf

"On 23 december 2008, I examined six medical Examiner, case 2008-001567, photographs (photos 293, 294, 300, 302, 303, 308) showing roots on and through bones. The smaller of these roots indicate approximately two to three months since the bones were decomposed to the point that roots could grow on and through them. The largest of the roots (appro. 2.0mm in diameter), in my estimation, could indicate a minimum period of approximately four months."

I know I read that roots were growing through vertibrae, but was unable to find it.

I see many people saying that it was determined that the duct tape on Caylee's mouth/hose was placed post mortem (after death), and some that say it was determined that the tape was placed before death. What the report actually says is "This duct tape was clearly applied prior to decomposition, keeping the mandible in place".

Link to autopsy exam: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/19801498/detail.html

The sentence is strangely worded (imo), but if you look at the sentence structure... the reason being given for the determination that "this duct taped was clearly applied prior to decomposition" is because it kept the mandible in place. In the early stages of decomp, no tape would be needed to keep the mandible in place, as the soft tissue would do that. It is only after severe decomp of soft tissue or skeletonization that the mandible would fall away from the rest of the skull. All that considered, it seems that the tape could have been placed EITHER before death OR after death ( before the soft tissue had completely decomposed).

"Signs of death may happen suddenly or they may happen slowly.

Movement, sensation and muscle tone are lost. This most often starts in the feet and legs and then spreads all over the body. The mouth muscles relax, the jaw may drop, and the mouth may stay open..."

I think this is what Dr. G. was referring to in her report. It was done prior to the jaw dropping. The soft tissue would not hold it my place, the muscles do and once they relax the jaw drops.

"Signs of death may happen suddenly or they may happen slowly.

Movement, sensation and muscle tone are lost. This most often starts in the feet and legs and then spreads all over the body. The mouth muscles relax, the jaw may drop, and the mouth may stay open..."

I think this is what Dr. G. was referring to in her report. It was done prior to the jaw dropping. The soft tissue would not hold it my place, the muscles do and once they relax the jaw drops.

Lambchop, I suppose you could be right, but that's not what I think she was talking about, at all. The report also states: "mandible still in approximate anatomic position with no visible attached soft tissue beneath the duct tape." The reason this is mentioned at all, is because it's important. It's important because it was still attached in the approx. anatomic position, because of the tape... even with no soft tissue being present. If the tape had not been there, or not secured as tightly as it was, the mandible would not have stayed in the approx. anatomic position. I took that to mean that if the tape had not been there, the mandible would have been completely detached from the skull, not just "dropped". Some one else will have to weigh in on this.

Also, to clarify, when I mentioned "soft tissue" I was including muscles in with that. I should have specified.

Nick Savage, who is FBI, is a friend of Lennie's. Lennie who loves to spout his stories by degrees of separation, convinced Nick somehow, don't ask, that Lee was Caylee's father. In the mean time, Lennie was spouting this to NG, who took off running with it and the media also did. This rumor had a life of it's own. We here discussed it.

Savage ordered this test to put an end to it, one way or another. Once the DNA analysis was reviewed by WS members, GA was also ruled out. Note, it was AZ who was one of the first to explain it as has joypath. The official explanation is all in a supplement report released by LE in the docs we have in the reference thread.

Originally posted in the sidebar thread, afternoon session 6.16.11 concerning WHO ordered the paternity test for Lee. On cross this date, Jeff asked the FBI if either OCSO or the State of Florida requested this test. She replied NO, it was Nick Savage.

There was no meat or any other food product in the trash bag.

From Gerardo Bloise's report

page 22 http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530363.pdf
Monday, August 25, 2008

At approximately 1100 hours I met with ASL Michael Vincent regarding a white trash bag with blue handle which said bag contained several items.(Art #1, Item #H-51-976)

ASL Vincent asked if inside the trash bag contained pizza or any type of meat. I informed ASL Vincent that when I checked inside the trash bag on July 16, 2008, I did not find any pizza or any type of meat.After said conversation, ASL Vincent instructed me to go to the Evidence Unit and retrieve art # 1 in order to re-check the trash bag again. At approximately 1153 hours I arrived at the Evidence Unit and I collected a sealed box containing the trash bag. At approximately 1300 hours I arrived at the Forensics lab and proceeded to open the sealed box.

Myself and ASL Vincent re-inspected the trash bag. No pieces of pizza or meat were found.

TRASH BAG INVENTORY

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/20321119/detail.html

PICTURES OF TRASH FROM THE TRASH BAG http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/news/20320624/detail.html

E-MAIL BETWEEN OCSO AND ARPAD VASS ABOUT THE TRASH:

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:30 PM
To: Vass, Arpad Alexander
Subject: **Exempt**

Doc,

I check the trash that was in the vehicle there was no meat products in the trash. There were pieces of a pizza box and other food containers. I will be emailing you a picture of the items first thing tomorrow.

ASL/CSI Michael J. Vincent
OCSO/Forensics Unit

Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:33 PM
To: Vincent, Michael
Subject: RE: **Exempt**

Mike, not sure how I got that there was a pizza in the trunk – sorry about that one, but can you send me an itemized list of stuff that was in the trunk at the time the car was searched? Also, were the maggots on the pizza box?? Arpad

Arpad A. Vass, Ph.D.

Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2008 5:40 PM
To: 'Vass, Arpad Alexander'
Subject: RE: **Exempt**

The pizza story came from the mother, who told reporters the smell was from pizza in the trunk. A local news station left a half of pizza in a trunk for seven days, there results were no smell, no maggots, just dried out pizza. I will send you the list along with the pictures.

OCSO/Forensics Unit

Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 12:40 PM
To: Vass, Arpad Alexander
Cc: Yuri.Melich@ocfl.net
Subject: **Exempt**

Doc,
Attached is a list of items that was in the trash bag in the vehicle. Also attached are pictures of the items. If there is anything else I can help you with please let me know.

OCSO/Forensics Unit

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ll#post4081938

On
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 14, 2008
Atapproximately 1018 hours the following persons arrived at the Forensics office;

1.Dr.Henry C. Lee,
2. Mr.Jose Baez fromthe Baez law Firm Defense Attorney.
3. Mr.Edward E. Phlegar fromthe Baez Law firm.

and met for a conference meeting with this investigator and the following parties named below;

1. Assistant Squad Leader Michael Vincent from Forensic Unit.
2.Sargeant john Allen from Missing Person.
3. Detective Corporal yuri Melich from Missing Person.
4.Detective Corporal William Edwards from homicide unit.
5. Special Agent Nick SAvage from the FBI.

met and viewed items from the white trash bag. page 22 http://www.wesh.com/download/2009/0121/18530363.pdf

Lee wasn't denied access. He wasn't restrictred to viewing pictures. He found hairs in the garbage. But not meat or food.

UPDATE:

Today Dr. Huntington, the defense team's witness debunked the myth that food from the trash caused the smell, the stain, made the dogs alert, attracted the flies or were the reason for the results of Dr. Vass's tests.

The witness examined items from the trunk and then said: There was no food in the trash.

Trash vs Garbage is resolved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back